The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas moura to spurs looks on as he was at the training ground on thursday. £22m fee (£35 with bonuses) seems like a good deal in the current market.

Just got back from the game

Good win tonight, we had to put up a fight in the first half as Yeovil tried to kick us into the stands but we matched them for fight and our talent shone through second half to win the game at a canter in the end.

You can see Sanchez is really going to make a big difference to us, always trying to make something happen and commits opponents, yeah he was a little ring rusty in the first half but always aware of other players runs and his final ball was spot on at key moments, he looks about 4 foot 3 in real life but his low center of gravity makes him hard to shake off the ball. He's going to be great to watch and linking up with first team players like Pogba, Martial and Lingard is a mouthwatering prospect, its an exciting time to be a United fan again.

Also look out for Santi Gomes, had a ten minute cameo at the end but he is a baller, so quick and agile, really caused problems and can hopefully do it at another level soon.

Comfortable win tonight, we rode the early heavy tackles and took our chances well, Sanchez had a solid debut with a couple of assists and settled nicely into the shirt even without our usual starters in the mix.

The other bright spots were Carrick playing 90 minutes, Herrera and Rashford getting goals, Lingard looking sharp and bagging his 12th of the season, and last but not least Angel Gomes cameo, he's going to be special.

No, you are right. I don't know why I thought Nani went off against Bayern. I just remember a lot of people on my board being really pissed at Nani and Carrick after that match. Carrick I think was bodied super easy for one of their goals, and Nani missed a chance or something. I just remember hell. :funny:

I was so pissed at Ribery over the Rafael red that night, I remember Nani had a chance on a counter but ran out of steam by the time he got to the box and fluffed it lol. Was it Carrick's fault for the Robben goal that night?

How can a committee of sane people go through their decision-making process and end up with that? :woot:

It's mind boggling that anyone, let alone a group of people, thought that was a good choice, It looks like a sticker logo for a salad cream jar!

I hadn't either. It really wouldn't feel like breaking a trasnfer record due to ambition, more just the result of a decade or more of price inflation during which we did bugger all!

Who is your record transfer btw?

Lucas moura to spurs looks on as he was at the training ground on thursday. £22m fee (£35 with bonuses) seems like a good deal in the current market.

Are you still getting Malcom in the summer as well?

EnergeticCooperativeIggypops-max-1mb.gif

I was so pissed at Ribery over the Rafael red that night, I remember Nani had a chance on a counter but ran out of steam by the time he got to the box and fluffed it lol. Was it Carrick's fault for the Robben goal that night?
It was Olic. Their first. A little after 4:20. He just gets beat physically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vFA1v7vb0

I forgot how bad the red card was. ****. :argh:

It's mind boggling that anyone, let alone a group of people, thought that was a good choice, It looks like a sticker logo for a salad cream jar!
:funny:

Who is your record transfer btw?
Michael Owen, and before that all the way back to Alan Shearer!

Are you still getting Malcom in the summer as well?
Hope so.

As far as the Nation’s League or whatever goes I think increasing international fixtures any more than we’ve already got is ridiculous and a terrible idea. If it replaces those stupid friendlies I could support it though.

It IS replacing the friendlies, it's the whole point of that.

It IS replacing the friendlies, it's the whole point of that.

Then I can get behind it I guess, albeit begrudgingly because I still think international football is a massive waste of time.

Hopefully it has less fixtures in total than there were for the friendlies.

Then I can get behind it I guess, albeit begrudgingly because I still think international football is a massive waste of time.

Hopefully it has less fixtures in total than there were for the friendlies.

Well, I love international football, maybe because I'm not English... :twisted:

Good signing for you guys. :up: I recall United being linked with him earlier this window. Hopefully he gets up to speed with the Prem quickly, he's a quality player.

Nice to see the United win yesterday, Sanchez's debut and Carrick back in the team, looked like he was never away. Rashford back on the scoresheet too, Lingard and Lukaku continuing their scoring streaks and good form this season, all in all a very good night.

Sounds like we might be. Think it could be the end for lamela with inter milan being linked.

See what happens.

How much could he be? I misread Hunter’s post above and thought he was talking about the guy coming to the Toon. Wishful thinking I guess :funny::csad:

Well, I love international football, maybe because I'm not English... :twisted:

:hehe:

I don’t know, I just find the quality of international fixtures far below that of club games. Most of the time you’ve got world beaters in a team and they can’t cobble a half decent performance together.

The internationals almost always end up resulting in injuries to key players for clubs which is frustrating. I’m glad those moronic friendlies are at least done, hopefully this Nation’s league has less fixtures.

:hehe:

I don’t know, I just find the quality of international fixtures far below that of club games. Most of the time you’ve got world beaters in a team and they can’t cobble a half decent performance together.

The internationals almost always end up resulting in injuries to key players for clubs which is frustrating. I’m glad those moronic friendlies are at least done, hopefully this Nation’s league has less fixtures.

This. Theoretically, many of the top 10 teams should be able to be reasonably dominant, this tosh, that they don't play together long enough in international meeting groups or training so they don't know each other's game ? Players see each other's game each week, they play against one another, week in, week out.

Modern players are given so much leeway, and excuses for lack of performance or effort.

Have you all seen that the new Leeds badge is actually a template stock image you can find on Google?

2rwtdsg.jpg

:funny:

Whoever the people are that designed (or took credit for the design) & then gave the all clear on that design, both need to be fired & run out of Leeds.

Liverpool v West Brom score is already 1-2 after only 20 minutes.

This VAR thing is ending up making referee's decisions even worse than they were before…And now there's going to be the controversy around why refs decide to resort to VAR in some instances and not in others.

This VAR thing is ending up making referee's decisions even worse than they were before…And now there's going to be the controversy around why refs decide to resort to VAR in some instances and not in others.

It needs to be implemented properly. Seems to work in rugby. Maybe the teams themselves should get 2 opportunities a match (and you only lose those 2 chances if you call for inaccurate reviews) and if they waste them then it's on them not the ref.

2-3 now.... about 10 minutes left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"