The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
So relieved, the main ONE area we needed a decent amount of re-building on and we have done it.

Didn't just do it but spent more than nearly anyone ever has on a keeper! This is full commitment. What is the current record actually?

One of our best windows, if not THE best, in recent memory. On the flip side, the news about OX's injury has me on a downer as I ****ing love the guy both on the pitch (was really starting to flourish and we missed him like crazy in the CL final) and off the pitch (the respect, care and enthusiasm he shows is a model examplel for any young player, and the fact that he didnt want his team mates to learn of the extent of the injury until after the final as he did not want to put them on a downer, speaks volumes). Get well soon OX!!!!

It's a shame with Ox how injuries have hampered his development. He's always had a certain drive with the ball I appreciate, like when he gets going with the ball it's quite magical and in his best moments he has that Modric quality almost the way he moves the ball - but due to frequent injuries he never fully reached his potential and probably never will.

Kinda similar to Walcott - who in his best days before injuries really hampered him didn't look that different to how Sterling looks today. If anything Walcott was just as fast but a better finisher. There was a time he actually looked like he could fill Henry's shoes at Arsenal, but injury upon injury and he lost both confidence and ability along the way.

It's a shame looking back a few years at those players who looked really good once and had potential to be stars in the league and now they're struggling with injuries or down in a mid-table club.

One of our best windows, if not THE best, in recent memory. On the flip side, the news about OX's injury has me on a downer as I ****ing love the guy both on the pitch (was really starting to flourish and we missed him like crazy in the CL final) and off the pitch (the respect, care and enthusiasm he shows is a model examplel for any young player, and the fact that he didnt want his team mates to learn of the extent of the injury until after the final as he did not want to put them on a downer, speaks volumes). Get well soon OX!!!!

Transfer wise, it's the best since Aldridge-Beardsley-Barnes-Houghton era.

Didn't just do it but spent more than nearly anyone ever has on a keeper! This is full commitment. What is the current record actually?

Before this, wasn't it still Buffon? Or maybe Ederson to Man City?

I think Ederson broke the Buffon record, yeah, at least in £ - Buffon was £33m and Ederson was £35m before Allison.

Pickford must have been up there too, but I think he was slightly cheaper than Buffon?

Whats the deal with all the crazy prices for Football kits...:huh:

Price for a full Man Utd replica kit is £183.
I'm sure I read this is more expensive than a Bayern Munich season ticket.

Jesus....I remember when a kit was 35- 45 pounds and back then I thought that was too much for something that will be outdated in 2 years(When teams wore the same home jerseys for 2 seasons) :loco:

Especially when the kits are all the same template, just different colour variations.
Prime example is Spurs' new away kit being the same as Barcelona's training kit.
Nike just couldn't be bothered... lol

Before this, wasn't it still Buffon? Or maybe Ederson to Man City?

Yes you’re right. Just looked it up and Buffon was the record for a long time before Ederson overtook him (which I’d forgotten). But now that record has been blown away.

How ridiculous.

For that piece of ****? I miss Nike a lot. They didn't always nail it, but they always had a bit of elegance to them and that is why they had such nice, clean WC kits this year.

Allegedly for £50m which seems absolutely incredible considering he had a decent season with Watford but doesn't seem worth that money by any stretch.

Everton seem to have been making a lot of 'kids on the internet playing FIFA 18' transfer decisions - players that seem good on paper and then end up being bang average when the chips are down.

So Daniel Sturridge scored for Liverpool against Blackburn. I’d kind of forgot he existed, and certainly wouldn’t have thought he was still at Liverpool. What happened to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"