The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was great having him here, especially last season.

Its a shame we couldnt have gotten him 2-3 years earlier to see more of him in his prime in the Prem, sure we would have done a bit better and the youngsters would have gotten even more valuable learning experience from him.

Its a shame we couldnt have gotten him 2-3 years earlier to see more of him in his prime in the Prem, sure we would have done a bit better and the youngsters would have gotten even more valuable learning experience from him.

He could have made a much bigger impact that way. I guess he would have cost a fair bit more though back then.

Biggest story coming out of here this week,this is so $%$#$# up

Shocking child prostitution scandal hits Argentine club Independiente

Fifteen and 16-year-olds were allegedly pimped out to men by a 19-year-old player and the team's now at the centre of a growing controversy

Argentine club Independiente have become embroiled in a high-profile child prostitution scandal after it emerged that a player was recruiting youth footballers to have sex with men for money.

The identity of the player has not been revealed, but it is known that the accused is 19 years old and was living in team-owned accommodation while he recovered from an injury.

Independiente became aware of the situation when one of the abused children broke down in front of an employee and revealed a string of alleged abuses over the last four months.

The accused is said to have led at least five boys, also living in the accommodation and aged between 15 and 16, into a prostitution ring with men in the Palermo area of Buenos Aires.

That's some pretty shady ****…Club's name is going to be dragged through the mud when prosecution on this starts.

That's some pretty shady ****…Club's name is going to be dragged through the mud when prosecution on this starts.

The club's name has already been dragged in the mud recently due to a scandal involving their CEO having ties to the ultras/barras bravas.

The club's name has already been dragged in the mud recently due to a scandal involving their CEO having ties to the ultras/barras bravas.

They don't do 'boring' in Argentina, do they?

They don't do 'boring' in Argentina, do they?

Honestly when I first heard about the story I thought it was players bringing in prostitutes into the club for some sexy times,and didn't think much about it then.

I've actually enjoyed the little rest from football this international break has provided, needed to decompress. :)

I'm not sure if we did this already, but since we are in the final stretch of the season, what would be you guys PL team of the season?

Mine;

*With the World Cup coming up I present Portugal's #1 fan, Sara Sampaio!

Saradaa15.jpg

*total excuse to post this pic

Team of the season:

tumblr_p63z46eP2p1sx6xuio1_500.jpg

Subs: Sterling
D Silva
Aguero
B Mee
Alonso

Kane, Son and Eriksen from Spurs should get a lot of credit along with Sane, but Salah and De Bruyne will likely be battling it out for player of the season.

Yeah Salah and De Bruyne are the two that stand out slightly above the rest for the seasons theyve had. I would probably go for Salah myself but wouldnt be against De Bruyne either as they are about to win the league after all. The things is City have been such a good team they havnt had to rely on one man as much, DBruyne, Aguero, D Siva, Sterling, Sane have all been great at times to be fair hence why they are strolling in the league.

Salah stands out at Liverpool as they dont have as many players in the same level as him, Firmino and Mane aside. Still I think he's been so good being so consistent scoring goals for most weeks.

Realistically who can United sign this summer?

Also would love to hear other United supporters opinions as to who should leave the club following the current season.

Basically anyone Mourinho identifies and is available not named Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo. It probably doesn’t matter, we’ll sell dead wood, buy a few decent talents and we’ll keep playing trash football. We’ve got the world’s supposed best CM and he’s playing like Tom Cleverly, does it really matter who we sign?

Yeah I wouldnt bet against Jose selling Pogba and Martial and bringing in a couple more defensive midfielders just to shore things up. :whatever:

Really hard to tell where we will go next for players, maybe a Dybala? though Im not sure whether we will be going for attacking players much unless a few go out first. A recognised left back would be a start.

The world cup might throw up some new players that might hit the big time off the back of it but then Jose doesnt tend to go for unproven talent.

Is the Griezmann thing 100% off now?

I think Sanchez getting number 7 makes it highly unlikely, seems he's going to Barca if anywhere now.

Realistically who can United sign this summer?

Also would love to hear other United supporters opinions as to who should leave the club following the current season.

We need 4 players minimum, RW & LB being a priority, followed closely by a CM & CB. As for who in particular for each position, really hard to say who is actually realistic, in today's market when players are being signed for £200m, I've lost track of what is actually realistic.

Players that should be moved on:- Felliani, Darmian, Carrick & either Young or Valencia. I'd like us to keep Fosu-Mensah as our backup RB & a CB alternative + maybe Andreas Pereira next season.

Overall, I'm happy with how this season has went for the most part, we may end the season without a trophy, but it actually feels like progression has been made. Fans make it seem like this has been an appalling season for Manchester United & even Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea & to a lesser extent Arsenal because they are 15+ points off Manchester City. It hasn't been that any of them has been excessively poor, it's that Manchester City went on an extraordinary run of 18 straight wins which essentially has won them the league & separated them from everyone else, just as last season when Chelsea did the same thing except it was 12 straight wins.

I think Sanchez getting number 7 makes it highly unlikely, seems he's going to Barca if anywhere now.

Oh yeah, that's true. Had kind of forgotten about Sanchez lol.

A solid starting XI doesn't win a league, a solid squad does, so we probably need closer to like 8 players in for 8 players out. If we're being brutally honest then Young, Fellaini, Carrick (obviously since he's retiring), Jones, Smalling, Valencia (because of his age), Lingard, and Mata have to be replaced, and they have to be replaced with players that are likely going to cost on average £35m, probably even higher for some crown jewels Mourinho will want to get. Not to mention players like Herrera, Blind, Darmian and Shaw will probably also want to leave so they'll need to be replaced, too.

Are we going to spend £300m+ in a single window and integrate them all within a single season, and also see a reversal in the deterioration of Pogba, Martial, and Sanchez…? Probably not. Even if we get this 'ideal' of Dybala, Kroos, Sandro, and Varane like the papers want uninformed readers to believe we still wouldn't win the league.

Oh yeah, that's true. Had kind of forgotten about Sanchez lol.

Understandable, we seem to have got less out of him than a poorly performing Arsenal team did, which is impressive in itself.

Honestly more importantly than spending shed loads this summer Jose needs to sort out what his best 11 actually is and form some sort of pattern of play. We've seen throwing money at it is not the answer this season and all we do with decent players is sap their confidence and turn good players into average ones.

Understandable, we seem to have got less out of him than a poorly performing Arsenal team did, which is impressive in itself.

Honestly more importantly than spending shed loads this summer Jose needs to sort out what his best 11 actually is and form some sort of pattern of play. We've seen throwing money at it is not the answer this season and all we do with decent players is sap their confidence and turn good players into average ones.

Won't be long before Utd hit the £1B spending mark since Fergie at this rate! Something needs to change for sure so that you make the most of the players you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"