The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xhaka gets Arsenal ahead.

Is Arsenal really playing well or is Chelsea just crap...

Seems like Arsenal are doing their usual try much harder against the big teams while Chelsea seem unmotivated.

Looks like someone with heartburm. All they need know is to be sponsored by Rennies or Pepto Bismol.

DUVAXmoXcAA6mYl.jpg
DUVAYFAWsAEUnZn.jpg

Haha, that really is ****ing terrible.

It really is brutally bad, I've been amusing myself in periods today checking Twitter & some of the reactions have been hilarious.

From what I understand though, due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback for the crest from both Leeds fans & most of the footballing world, I believe they've since come out & admitted defeat saying they will re-open the process of re-designing the logo. They should consider looking to social media, some disgruntled fans put together some nice looking designs for the logo. This here being one of them -
DUUsy1DXcAAP5EC.jpg

I wish Juventus had done the same, I think their new logo (which is now a year or 2 old I believe) is awful, I much preferred their old one -

Juventus_Crest.jpg

Compared to their newer one -

juventus.jpg

Xhaka gets the winner as Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-1 in the league Cup semi. Final will be Arsenal City. Either City pick up their first piece of silverware to go with the league and who knows if anything else, or Wenger gets yet another minor trophy in a short space of time!

It really is brutally bad, I've been amusing myself in periods today checking Twitter & some of the reactions have been hilarious.

From what I understand though, due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback for the crest from both Leeds fans & most of the footballing world, I believe they've since come out & admitted defeat saying they will re-open the process of re-designing the logo. They should consider looking to social media, some disgruntled fans put together some nice looking designs for the logo. This here being one of them -
DUUsy1DXcAAP5EC.jpg

I wish Juventus had done the same, I think their new logo (which is now a year or 2 old I believe) is awful, I much preferred their old one -

Juventus_Crest.jpg

Compared to their newer one -

juventus.jpg
At least they admitted defeat rather than persevere with that ****.

To be fair I can't picture the crest of most clubs. Maybe I'd know them if I saw them but it's not something that I know off hand.

At least they admitted defeat rather than persevere with that ****.

To be fair I can't picture the crest of most clubs. Maybe I'd know them if I saw them but it's not something that I know off hand.
I can do:

United
Madrid
Barca
Arsenal
Spurs
Milan
Roma
Juve
Bayern

I can do:

United
Madrid
Barca
Arsenal
Spurs
Milan
Roma
Juve
Bayern

:up:

I just googled them all and they're all obvious when you look but if someone asks me to just picture them there's only a few super obvious ones I'd know. That Leeds one would have been the most unforgettable one ever though :funny:

Seems like Arsenal are doing their usual try much harder against the big teams while Chelsea seem unmotivated.

Yeah, Arsenal seem to like playing up to decent opposition and down to easier teams. Chelsea's been such a mixed bag this season, I've got to think their managerial situation is going to change soon considering they're the current champions and look so medium at the moment.

Yeah, Arsenal seem to like playing up to decent opposition and down to easier teams. Chelsea's been such a mixed bag this season, I've got to think their managerial situation is going to change soon considering they're the current champions and look so medium at the moment.

They just don't seem to be going for anything, just turning up and taking whatever results automatically come from base talent rather than fighting for anything more than that.

I still can't believe Juve changed their logo. Their old one was so iconic.

As for Chelsea. We're definitely underperforming, but honestly no worse than I expected, and I can't believe we're actually 3rd in the league.

A lot of players like Victor Moses, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Pedro, etc. were great last season, but I didn't really expect that they could follow it up. Same with Marcos Alonso, who truly is up and down.

Bakayoko has also been pretty useless, though better in the last couple of games.

The loss of Diego Costa has also certainly played a huge part in our toothless attack. Morata has gone from weak, to very good, to weak, to very good. You don't really know what you're gonna get with him. He might turn good after a season of getting used to the league, but right now he's not firing anyone to a title.

Jose Mourinho*signed an extension to his contract that will keep him at the club until at least 2020, Manchester United says on*Twitter.

He's essentially signed a 1 year deal with the option for a 2nd if both he & the club want it. 1-2 year extensions are pretty common for managers after their initial contract, I think his old contract was due to expire summer 2019.

I'm happy with him re-signing, I don't think there's anyone with better credentials than he has that's capable of doing the job any better & we've made steady progress under him in his first 2 years.

Not even a comment on this?
Group A1 will be fun.
Italy lucked out, what with their need to bounce back.
Not as lucky as Belgium though.
Can wait for group D2... :oldrazz:

34072842.jpg

411.jpg

liga-840x440.png

xxl.jpg

Last edited:
Have you all seen that the new Leeds badge is actually a template stock image you can find on Google?

2rwtdsg.jpg

As far as the Nation’s League or whatever goes I think increasing international fixtures any more than we’ve already got is ridiculous and a terrible idea. If it replaces those stupid friendlies I could support it though.

What were Leeds thinking? :facepalm:

Says it all really. No surprise that the record has stayed safely intact over the last 12 years lol. Do you know much about him? Doesn't seem to have played a whole lot of games altogether for a top player not too far off 30. Either he gets injured regularly or doesn't always get picked. His goals per game ratio seems decent though.

I have actually never heard of him before the link to Newcastle, I didn't realize he was nearly 30, I was expecting him to be a younger player which would have have explained how I've not heard of him. I'm surprised that Benitez hasn't dipped into La Liga or Serie A for a striker, rather then the Eredivisie.

An all time punchable face. :hehe:

And that voice! :argh:

I think 2009/10 would have definitely been on the table. God that loss to Bayern, with the injured Rooney and the Nani incident still gets to me.

Refresh my memory, I remember Nani being sent off against Real and Rafael against Bayern?

Sanchez starts for United, looks like a starting lineup with a few guys that haven’t gotten game time lately like Carrick and Darmian.

Will be very interested to see how motivated he is in his first game.

Refresh my memory, I remember Nani being sent off against Real and Rafael against Bayern?
No, you are right. I don't know why I thought Nani went off against Bayern. I just remember a lot of people on my board being really pissed at Nani and Carrick after that match. Carrick I think was bodied super easy for one of their goals, and Nani missed a chance or something. I just remember hell. :funny:

What were Leeds thinking? :facepalm:
How can a committee of sane people go through their decision-making process and end up with that? :woot:

I have actually never heard of him before the link to Newcastle, I didn't realize he was nearly 30, I was expecting him to be a younger player which would have have explained how I've not heard of him. I'm surprised that Benitez hasn't dipped into La Liga or Serie A for a striker, rather then the Eredivisie.
I hadn't either. It really wouldn't feel like breaking a trasnfer record due to ambition, more just the result of a decade or more of price inflation during which we did bugger all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"