The Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow News and Discussion Thread

I wonder if Emma Mackey ends up landing this.
I think they'll go younger as Kara is 21 in the book and Emma looks the same age as Corenswet (which kinda defeats the purpose of the Superman-Supergirl dynamic)

I like Angourie Rice for Kara.

I just read the comic; this could be really good and now I’m excited. I wonder if Kara will know her cousin by this point… maybe this whole adventure takes place while she’s trying to get to Earth.

I like Angourie Rice for Kara.

I just read the comic; this could be really good and now I’m excited. I wonder if Kara will know her cousin by this point… maybe this whole adventure takes place while she’s trying to get to Earth.
Angourie’s still my top pick too! :up:

I think they'll go younger as Kara is 21 in the book and Emma looks the same age as Corenswet (which kinda defeats the purpose of the Superman-Supergirl dynamic)
Of the Lois contenders, I was thinking they might want to give that Phoebe Dynevor girl a shot, but @flickchick85 tells me she lacks a certain grit, which is essential for the part.

I finally got around to watching the flash and I really don't see why some people are begging for Sasha Calle to come back given what she was given to work with in that movie. I thought most of her scenes were mediocre at best.

Hopefully it's a clean slate, but from Gunn's instagram post, it's sounds like it's already written. Part of me wants them to build out a superman universe as opposed to a DC universe. Between Supergirl, steel and Superboy, I think they could do something special. The thing about DC is that each character almost has the opportunity to build out their own world's.

I finally got around to watching the flash and I really don't see why some people are begging for Sasha Calle to come back given what she was given to work with in that movie. I thought most of her scenes were mediocre at best.

Hopefully it's a clean slate, but from Gunn's instagram post, it's sounds like it's already written. Part of me wants them to build out a superman universe as opposed to a DC universe. Between Supergirl, steel and Superboy, I think they could do something special. The thing about DC is that each character almost has the opportunity to build out their own world's.
"Already written" doesn't imply affiliation w/ the soon-to-be-defunct DCEU. Woman of Tomorrow, like Legacy, will be its own thing. As for Sasha, she was fine IMO (not bad, not great), but I wouldn't put my money on her coming back.

The trades have already kinda implied she is not coming back.

PLEASE let Supergirl have a sword like in that picture I keep seeing online.

I think this is the most excited I've ever been about a Supergirl project. I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

Kara is being described as having punk rock edginess to her with a humorous side.
So long as they don't give her a mohawk! :funny:

For the longest time ever since I saw Another Earth I wanted Brit Marling to play Kara but I'm assuming they're gonna cast younger.

Wouldn't have occurred to me, but I could actually see Hunter Schafer in the role.

I don't remember seeing either in anything so I don't know about their acting. Milly Alcock's look expresses more character to me than Donnelly's, who I find pretty but bland. OTH, there's a picture of Donnelly in mini-dress and boots which says to me she could carry off the costume well...

I could see either working. Glad I don't have to make the choice. I trust in Gunn *fingers crossed*...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"