• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow News and Discussion Thread

I wonder if Emma Mackey ends up landing this.
I think they'll go younger as Kara is 21 in the book and Emma looks the same age as Corenswet (which kinda defeats the purpose of the Superman-Supergirl dynamic)

I like Angourie Rice for Kara.

I just read the comic; this could be really good and now I’m excited. I wonder if Kara will know her cousin by this point… maybe this whole adventure takes place while she’s trying to get to Earth.

I like Angourie Rice for Kara.

I just read the comic; this could be really good and now I’m excited. I wonder if Kara will know her cousin by this point… maybe this whole adventure takes place while she’s trying to get to Earth.
Angourie’s still my top pick too! :up:

I think they'll go younger as Kara is 21 in the book and Emma looks the same age as Corenswet (which kinda defeats the purpose of the Superman-Supergirl dynamic)
Of the Lois contenders, I was thinking they might want to give that Phoebe Dynevor girl a shot, but @flickchick85 tells me she lacks a certain grit, which is essential for the part.

I finally got around to watching the flash and I really don't see why some people are begging for Sasha Calle to come back given what she was given to work with in that movie. I thought most of her scenes were mediocre at best.

Hopefully it's a clean slate, but from Gunn's instagram post, it's sounds like it's already written. Part of me wants them to build out a superman universe as opposed to a DC universe. Between Supergirl, steel and Superboy, I think they could do something special. The thing about DC is that each character almost has the opportunity to build out their own world's.

I finally got around to watching the flash and I really don't see why some people are begging for Sasha Calle to come back given what she was given to work with in that movie. I thought most of her scenes were mediocre at best.

Hopefully it's a clean slate, but from Gunn's instagram post, it's sounds like it's already written. Part of me wants them to build out a superman universe as opposed to a DC universe. Between Supergirl, steel and Superboy, I think they could do something special. The thing about DC is that each character almost has the opportunity to build out their own world's.
"Already written" doesn't imply affiliation w/ the soon-to-be-defunct DCEU. Woman of Tomorrow, like Legacy, will be its own thing. As for Sasha, she was fine IMO (not bad, not great), but I wouldn't put my money on her coming back.

The trades have already kinda implied she is not coming back.

PLEASE let Supergirl have a sword like in that picture I keep seeing online.

I think this is the most excited I've ever been about a Supergirl project. I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

Kara is being described as having punk rock edginess to her with a humorous side.
So long as they don't give her a mohawk! :funny:

For the longest time ever since I saw Another Earth I wanted Brit Marling to play Kara but I'm assuming they're gonna cast younger.

Wouldn't have occurred to me, but I could actually see Hunter Schafer in the role.

I don't remember seeing either in anything so I don't know about their acting. Milly Alcock's look expresses more character to me than Donnelly's, who I find pretty but bland. OTH, there's a picture of Donnelly in mini-dress and boots which says to me she could carry off the costume well...

I could see either working. Glad I don't have to make the choice. I trust in Gunn *fingers crossed*...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"