The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 153

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annnnd the full thing leaked.

Well, I can safely say that I was impressed. Intriguing themes they're playing with, very nicely executed teaser...I won't discuss it in detail for now in case some are waiting to see it in HQ. The movie seem very dark. Way darker than Man of Steel.

It's crazy that we more or less got the Star Wars trailer and BvS trailer in the span of one day. Star Wars owns the day for me personally, but I would definitely say that the BvS teaser is something that will get skeptics to start taking the movie more seriously, while definitely satisfying the thirst of our neighbors to the north (a couple of subforums above us that is).

You can hear the voice much better now. It definitly doesn't sound like Bale's at all, but it's totally modulated. It does sound better than the first leak, but I'm not sure if I like it? I may warm up to it a bit, we'll see.

Everything else about that trailer is amazing, though. I really liked it a lot.

Even though I have passes for the Monday night thing, I caved and watched the full trailer.

Pretty ****ing cool.

The shot behind the Batmobile totally feels reminiscent of the types of shots you'd get behind the Tumbler in Begins and TDK. I have a feeling there will be some visual callbacks to the Nolan trilogy (as well as other iconography from the history of Batman), which makes me happy.

If Nolan's movies were about taking a comic book character and looking at him through the prism of the real world, right now Snyder's take feels almost like it's the reverse of that- taking a somewhat 'Nolanized' character and bouncing that off a more comic-booky funhouse mirror. That's kind of what Man of Steel was too...taking the Nolan/Goyer template and putting it on sci-fi steroids.

Shoot, I honestly liked that way more than I expected to the more I think about it. Undeniably badass.

The teaser definitely seems to hint at [BLACKOUT]Batman taking a dark turn, with Alfred's voiceover, and some of the shots of the Batmobile and (Batplane?) in action where he seems to be blowing a lot of sh** (and I'm assuming people) up[/BLACKOUT]

Can anyone PM me the trailer or tell me where to find it? I just did it a quick check on youtube and nothing.

It's hard to tell what was going on in that scene, cause it got blurry during that. And it looks like Batman is going to be ridiculously pissed off in this.

I'm glad to see that it seems to be genuinely exploring ideas instead of paying lip service to them like Man of Steel often did.

Can anyone PM me the trailer or tell me where to find it? I just did it a quick check on youtube and nothing.

Check your inbox. :yay:

Decent trailer. I like what it suggests the story is doing, namely that Superman and what his impact is to the world is at the center. But aesthetically it reminded me a lot of Snyder's Watchmen which I'm no fan of. I'm also not down for Batman's robot voice.

Decent trailer. I like what it suggests the story is doing, namely that Superman and what his impact is to the world is at the center. But aesthetically it reminded me a lot of Snyder's Watchmen which I'm no fan of. I'm also not down for Batman's robot voice.

I agree, though I am a fan of Watchmen. It's so strange in a way, the fact that it looks so completely different visually compared to the first film. Almost like the change in the original Batman quadrilogy. They were going for a realistic scene last time, and it looks like full on comic book fantasy now. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, just an observation. I also have always been way more of a Batman fan (heck Batman is my number #1 hero) but judging by the trailer this may be the first time I ever root for Superman between the two of them. There's just something about Cavill's Superman that I like a lot, something about him that makes him likable to me even when he does things foolishly, so hearing Batman's last line instead of saying "Oh that's bad ass!", I said "Damn, you're kind of a jerk aren't you, and not the lovable jerk that I've loved since childhood either" :) Also not feeling the voice either. I don't think I'm a fan of mechanically altered voices anyway unless they're completely covered in a robot suit like Iron Man, like Arrow I prefer Oliver Queen's normal voice, but even on that show I can hear traces of it where here I can't really. I don't hear a man there, or even a dark hero. I hear a villain's voice, which is why I understand some people thinking it's not Batman's voice, though by the edit of the trailer it sure seems like it.

Also, a little off topic, but after hearing Jesse Eisenberg's voice and then hearing Jeremy Irons' voice, man I wish Irons was Luther instead of Alfred. Irons is a great actor who I have never trusted in anything if you know what I mean. When I see and hear him I think scary scumbag :)

Thanks once again to the few who sent links.

Now it's going to be "I prefer Bale's voice because it's more human! This is too robotic and unnatural!"

I respect that but it's pretty funny.

Geez, im actually really pumped now. Watchmen meets Man Of Steel with the visuals. Exactly what they need to do. But at the same time it makes this movie look soooo much darker than MOS. It's probably just the trailer though. They have to be dramatic and introduce Batman so they won't show the light stuff. Unless im wrong then ill ****.

Scar's voiceover...errrr...evil Jeremy Irons. Amazing and unexpected. Nice Luthor too. Eisenberg sounds charismatic and very into it.

Can't wait for the HD so i see Ben/Bruce's facial expression more in that closeup. And the two other shots that i can barely make out. Is he in the batcave or some other storage place looking at the batmobile? And that glorious shot of Bats in his classic suit with fire behind him? What's going on there?

His voice now reminds me more of a robotic, demonic Peter Weller. I totally hear Weller now, even though im sure it wasn't a direct influence. The "you will" part sounds like "Jew will!" lol, it makes him sound older. And that's why im thinking of Weller.

Love the themes presented in the beginning. This movie may actually save Man Of Steel's longevity. It may make us fans who didn't like it as much the first time (or at all) go back and make sense of the destruction. I still fear that this film will have the same amount of things blowing up, or more, especially if Doomsday is thrown in the mix. But the dialogue seems better already.

I can't imagine Justice League. If they use Darkseid against the big seven, those trailers will be pure insanity.

Now it's going to be "I prefer Bale's voice because it's more human! This is too robotic and unnatural!"

Oh yeah that's gonna be true. At least for me though I can say I loved Bale's voice from the first time I heard it and loved it throughout the whole trilogy. :)

Be mighty obliged if I could get a PM with this trailer.

Just head to Variety guys.

EDIT: Actually, the video is gone from Variety.

Ill be the most apologetic man if they nail a great a script with much better dialogue, a good story and balance out the heroes/villains. You never know, this could turn out to be a masterpiece. The reason why im skeptical is because i dont think Argo was the best thing to come out of 2012, and i think the writing was overrated. Fine but not the be-all, end-all. Doomsday worries me and how much Wonder Woman is involved but i would like nothing more than to see them do all of that right and pump out the best comic book movie of all-time. Ill believe it when i see it!

All within a week i got trailers/teasers for Batman vs Superman, Star Wars and True Detective. Is this real life?

Ill be the most apologetic man if they nail a great a script with much better dialogue, a good story and balance out the heroes/villains. You never know, this could turn out to be a masterpiece. The reason why im skeptical is because i dont think Argo was the best thing to come out of 2012, and i think the writing was overrated. Fine but not the be-all, end-all. Doomsday worries me and how much Wonder Woman is involved but i would like nothing more than to see them do all of that right and pump out the best comic book movie of all-time. Ill believe it when i see it!

All within a week i got trailers/teasers for Batman vs Superman, Star Wars and True Detective. Is this real life?

Let's not forget Wonder Woman got an award winning director, Flash being developed by the directors of The Lego Movie, Wan being looked at for Aquaman and all the prop and costume pictures from the Star Wars Celebration. It's a good time to be alive. :woot:

Ah, so they've got a good one for WW? I'd heard the news about their first director leaving the project.

Ah, so they've got a good one for WW? I'd heard the news about their first director leaving the project.

Yeah, McLauren and WB split because of creative differences apparently. Now it's Patty Jenkins, who did Monster and episodes of The Killing mostly. She got some directing awards for Monster. Almost did Thor: The Dark World but left because she and Marvel couldn't agree.

Ill be the most apologetic man if they nail a great a script with much better dialogue, a good story and balance out the heroes/villains. You never know, this could turn out to be a masterpiece. The reason why im skeptical is because i don't think Argo was the best thing to come out of 2012, and i think the writing was overrated. Fine but not the be-all, end-all.

I feel that it was Ben Affleck's work as a director that made me like Argo like I did. I think the script is good but it was the way he told the story, almost effortlessly so, that made me appreciate that film.

I don't know if it's been pointed out or not, but I'm pretty sure that's actually Neil DeGrasse Tyson who says the line about how Superman forces us to reevaluate our place in the universe. I'm going to speculate that the film will open with a media montage ala Dark Knight Returns.

I'm surprised that the film will explore Superman's presence and its consequences in our world. Something which has been a foundation for the DKR trilogy. And with the tone , if tdkr and mos were like set apart between 10-15 years...that could have been Bale.

I liked the entire thing.

Who thought the shot of Batfleck looking over the city resembled the shot of Baleman doing the same in Rises?

Who thought the shot of Batfleck looking over the city resembled the shot of Baleman doing the same in Rises?

I thought the exact same thing. Either it's a huge coincidence, or Snyder was trying to visually emulate that shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"