The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - Part 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still my favorite production photo from the trilogy.

04OwcZG.jpg

I still remember being in the library for a free period in my senior year of HS, picking up the latest EW from the magazine rack and seeing this for the first time:

Batman-Begins-the-suit.jpg

Last edited:
That's not bad, mine is still the one where he's parachuting down from the staircase in BB.
Not trying to pick a fight, but i don't understand how any batman fan can say "That's not bad" like that photo is not amazing. What does a Batman fan want to see? I mean, that photo is one of the most batman things you'll ever see in a production photo. You almost can't get any more batman than that.

It's one of those shots that should get a **** yeah! reaction even out of a Nolan/Burton/Snyder hater.

Not trying to pick a fight, but i don't understand how any batman fan can say "That's not bad" like that photo is not amazing. What does a Batman fan want to see? I mean, that photo is one of the most batman things you'll ever see in a production photo. You almost can't get any more batman than that.

It's one of those shots that should get a **** yeah! reaction even out of a Nolan/Burton/Snyder hater.
6CuPTIZ.gif

Still my favorite production photo from the trilogy.

04OwcZG.jpg

This is why I think the Batman Begins suit is more frightening than the Dark Knight suit.

Last edited:
The Begins suit was amazing. Way more intimidating than the TDK suit.

The Begins suit was amazing. Way more intimidating than the TDK suit.

Agreed, I was never a fan if TDK suit in all honesty. Sure they give it a reason to be more practical but I think the look of it lost abit of the Batman feel.

Not trying to pick a fight

Yes you are. He didn't say it was terrible or stupid or the worst pic of batman he has ever seen....instead he said "Not bad."....and since "Not bad." isn't OH MY GAWD IT'S BEE YOU TEA FULL AND I JUST PEED MYSELF FROM IT'S MAJESTY....you have to complain about what he posted.

Maybe, shock horror people have different opinions and are amazed by different things. Like maybe someone thinks the pictures "not bad" which doesn't mean they're saying it is bad, it could also mean he thinks it's great but just has a favourite that isn't that pic.

Considering that I have the username I do, I would have to agree....that the picture is "Not bad"...and I am saying that like I think that photo isn't amazing. It's a cool still, but I'm not gonna have a fangasm over it.

A personal favorite of mine. Wally Pfister lit the hell out of both Batsuits over the course of the trilogy.

And helped show why that's still the best Batman movie suit.

Why do you like it over the BvS suit, Mr. J?

Of the pre BvS suit I still think the best cowl was in Batman Returns but I thought the body was better in the '89 suit.

Why do you like it over the BvS suit, Mr. J?

I like it better because the ears are not too short. I like a bit of length on Batman's ears unless it's campy Adam West Batman suit where they totally work short. The bat symbol on the chest is not huge (something I never liked on bat suits), and Batman doesn't suffer from chubby face symdrome in certain shots (a problem I also had with the Begins suit - "teh puffy"). That whole jacket and goggles thing it's got going on in specific scenes looks ridiculous to me.

Other than that it's a great suit, probably the second best Batman movie suit (though I think the Batman Returns suit gives it a run for it's money), but TDK's is still my #1. And the huge fan demand for Rocksteady to include it in Arkham Knight recently reaffirmed my belief that it's more popular than some would have you believe (especially since it was also voted over the Begins suit by a long way).

Last edited:
The BvS suit looks absolutely terrible in promo stills. I mean, as bad as the TDK suit does. It looks bloated, as if Affleck has been passing gas in it the whole time but it has no way of getting out. The texture of the fabric looks especially bad under bright light.

But when viewed under movie lighting and proper color timing the suit becomes great.

Yes you are. He didn't say it was terrible or stupid or the worst pic of batman he has ever seen....instead he said "Not bad."....and since "Not bad." isn't OH MY GAWD IT'S BEE YOU TEA FULL AND I JUST PEED MYSELF FROM IT'S MAJESTY....you have to complain about what he posted.
:whatever: Don't tell me what im trying to do. Only i know that. If it's not my intention to start a fight, then it's not my intention. Plain and simple. Even if it comes off like im starting a fight, which you're entitled to think so: don't tell me "you are trying to start a fight".

Let's see some more "batman-y" shots then. I'd like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"