The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 152

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he picked the full, officially released trailer. Not the bootleg video of the last 10 seconds of a trailer.

If that's what you mean by "better", then sure.

No.

I meant more entertaining and satisfying.

No.

Well, when comparing 10 seconds of bootleg trailer footage to a full, high quality trailer, it should be obvious as to which is more satisfying. Not sure why the two even warranted comparison.

Well, when comparing 10 seconds of bootleg trailer footage to a full, high quality trailer, it should be obvious as to which is more satisfying. Not sure why the two even warranted comparison.

Well that was the point... The Star Wars trailer is an actual thing. The other is not really much of a thing, right now.

So the Star Wars one is "better".

I compared them because the discussion was about the two and I chose to continue the discussion in the direction it was moved.

That reminds me:

Did we ever get an answer to what the track "The End" was scored for, on the TDKR soundtrack?

Well that was the point... The Star Wars trailer is an actual thing. The other is not really much of a thing, right now.

So the Star Wars one is "better".

I compared them because the discussion was about the two and I chose to continue the discussion in the direction it was moved.

Gotcha. The way you said it made it seem like an unwarranted knock against this "thing" which, as you said, isn't really much of a thing yet. I found it to be an odd comparison.

No.

An officially released HD trailer will have that effect you know. I still get more pumped at 30 seconds of blurry Batman footage than I do with anything SW related.

An officially released HD trailer will have that effect you know. I still get more pumped at 30 seconds of blurry Batman footage than I do with anything SW related.

That's fair enough. We all have our preferences.

I'm excited to see what comes Monday. I'll be keeping a watchful eye

That Star Wars trailer was fantastic, though. However, if I had only seen the last few seconds of it via bootleg vid, I certainly wouldn't be bouncing off the walls with excitement.

That's fair enough. We all have our preferences.

I'm excited to see what comes Monday. I'll be keeping a watchful eye

Yeah... I've never been a huge Star Wars fan. I enjoyed the movies, but I'm not fanatical like some people.

However, I imagine that Han Solo moment was quite something for the fans.

With the new 30 second teaser (which did nothing for me), and brand new shot of the Batfleck suit, I can just imagine some of the "the old stuff is crap, the new stuff is awesome" mentality bashing that's going on in that Batman vs Superman forum on the old Bat suits.

That comes later, Mr. J. :o

Was just making a friendly observation.

No offense but why do you only make these "friendly observations" when people are being critical about something? I remember you doing the same thing to me a few months ago.

Like someone else said, its no different than the people constantly gushing about things, but I don't see you make any observations about those people.

I can't tell if some of you folks are in denial and you're forcing it because you hate Bale's interpretation that much, or if you genuinely don't hear what im hearing. Im talking about when you say that you hear Keaton/Conroy in Affleck's voice. I hear demonic, deep Christian Bale with a hint of Weller. It's just as deep as Bale without the yelling. So his most controlled moments throughout the trilogy. And deeper than his whispery moments that he had in Begins (which means MUCH deeper than Keaton or Conroy).

I can't tell if some of you folks are in denial and you're forcing it because you hate Bale's interpretation that much, or if you genuinely don't hear what im hearing. Im talking about when you say that you hear Keaton/Conroy in Affleck's voice. I hear demonic, deep Christian Bale with a hint of Weller. It's just as deep as Bale without the yelling. So his most controlled moments throughout the trilogy. And deeper than his whispery moments that he had in Begins (which means MUCH deeper than Keaton or Conroy).

I think Bale was always very breathy with the voice... perhaps that's throwing some people off.

No offense but why do you only make these "friendly observations" when people are being critical about something? I remember you doing the same thing to me a few months ago.

I remember what you're talking about, and I think it may have been in reference to you expressing some kind of negativity towards those people who happened to be positive and gushing about things. I made a remark that questioned your somewhat dour attitude over in those parts back then.

Like someone else said, its no different than the people constantly gushing about things, but I don't see you make any observations about those people.

I'm not sure, really. I guess, to me, when I see genuine excitement coming from people, it's less noticeable or annoying than when I see someone who expresses the same kind of negative sentiment over and over again, often with the same phrasing. It sometimes compels me to acknowledge it in one way or another, or question it. No real harm intended either way.

Most of the people who are constantly gushing about everything are the more child-like posters who I tend to ignore and not respect very much, anyway.

However, I imagine that Han Solo moment was quite something for the fans.

It really was. Just completely surreal, and the trailer as a whole was pure magnificence.

Having just seen the leak (thanks JackWhite), I'm not sure what to make of the Bat-voice yet. I'm assuming that's just the robo-Bat voice? I dunno, it could grow on me but for now I'm not crazy about it. I, *gasp*, prefer Bale's voice so far tbh...but like shauner said it might sound different when he's just in the regular suit. I'm staying open-minded.

It's all about how they use the voice. It would definitely work better if that's for his TDKReturns style suit for the big fight against Superman. Like Shauner said, the voice just might be something akin to Keaton or Bale's reserved moments "Someone like you. Someone who will rattle the cages." or "You made a serious mistake."

I can't wait for HD quality come Monday.

Always looking out for you, Batlobster. :cwink:

It does make sense for them to use a more robotic, demonic, unnatural voice this time around and just sprinkle it once in a while with a slight whisper. Just to change things up and to keep with the "hiding Bruce's identity". He has a more robotic bat suit to fight Superman (and maybe other aliens) so a voice modulator would make sense?

I really hope we see the MAIN grey suit in action in this trailer though and not just that shot from the batcave. I hope that's in there, and expect it to be. I can't imagine general batman fans watching this entire trailer and only seeing a Iron Man esque suit and going "Huh?". I think we really need to see the grey/black in action. At least one good shot.

Right now im doubting a batmobile shot but i expect 1 Bruce shot for sure.

It does make sense for them to use a more robotic, demonic, unnatural voice this time around and just sprinkle it once in a while with a slight whisper. Just to change things up and to keep with the "hiding Bruce's identity". He has a more robotic bat suit to fight Superman (and maybe other aliens) so a voice modulator would make sense?

Hopefully we see a scene like this in the movie...

[YT]x5UJ9evRPfE[/YT]

I will say, I'm glad they haven't completely abandoned the idea of a Bat-growl though. It makes sense, especially for an old and crusty Batman. It just really took me off guard when I heard it because of how LOW it was (clearly modulated IMO). I know everyone is hearing different things though. HQ might help sort this out somewhat.

It's not really growling, it's just modulated. That's why it's not exactly like Bale's.

If anything, he sounds more like a Transformer. It's very robotic.

It's not really growling, it's just modulated. That's why it's not exactly like Bale's.

I'm hearing some slight modulation... but it doesn't sound robotic to me at all.

It's got that bassy overtone that Bale's voice had in every other scene though. Like when Batman is in the bank vault with Gordon in TDK - "Time to move in". I'm hearing that more than any type of growl actually.

I remember what you're talking about, and I think it may have been in reference to you expressing some kind of negativity towards those people who happened to be positive and gushing about things.

Actually, you felt the need to make commentary on my need to make " a relatively pissy comment about someone who made a pissy comment about a not-so-positive comment that was shared."

Anybody that actually pays attention to my posts knows that I don't express negativity towards someone JUST for being positive or gushing. That kind of silly assumption/misinterpretation should be left to the BvS forum.

I'm not sure, really. I guess, to me, when I see genuine excitement coming from people, it's less noticeable or annoying than when I see someone who expresses the same kind of negative sentiment over and over again, often with the same phrasing. It sometimes compels me to acknowledge it in one way or another, or question it. No real harm intended either way.

Aren't you the guy who said to The Joker "After being on the Hype as long as you have, I would have thought that kind of crap wouldn't bother you anymore"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"