The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - Part 151

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you would use that person's *****ey, irrational rant as evidence that your and milost's "fear" is coming to fruition.

Maybe you just need to grow up. You're caught, who cares.

Maybe you just need to grow up. You don´t now the difference between using the same ip and being the same person, who cares.

The Mods just told me Beast has two other regular usernames, Bruce Begins and Kal-El.9859. So is Beast like your account where you stir it up?
What's the point of having two profiles with high post counts? Weird...

So I was over in the Marvel boards, where we briefly discussed Bruce in TDK (related to whether or not he had a character arc). To which I gave a brief explanation, to which someone replied.

Granted his overall opinion is still a small minority, since most people still love the Nolan films (and I don't see that changing anytime soon). But at least his first paragraph could be an indication to what milost and I were fearing the most. That as time goes on and the films sink in, TDK and TDKR would get lumped in together and it would tarnish TDK to an extent, maybe not with the GA then at least in the fan community.

And while some of you would list Star Wars and Indiana Jones as examples of where that didn't happen, I think there's two major differences between them and TDKT. First, there's about a 2-decade gap between the first trilogies and the prequels/Crystal Skull. They can be viewed more stand-alone whereas Rises came out just a few years after and was in many ways "TDK Part 2" in its marketing. Begins was a sleeper hit, TDK is the film that really took the franchise off. Second, due to the rise of TV and Hollywood training viewers more and more to think in franchises, I feel people have even more of a boxset mentality in the present than the past, for better or worse. Case in point, Marvel's just revealed a three-act trilogy of their own, except with each "phase" of films representing one part as opposed to an individual film per part.

That guy sounds like a *****e, but i have a "boxset" mentality. TDK wasn't some stand-alone film. It was a sequel. And one thing that grinds my gears the most, is a franchise that leads to crap. Or simply doesn't have an end. Im a huge fan of Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and im glad i can put TDK trilogy into a neat boxset, where it feels like a story that isn't just some never-ending adventure with a main character. Im not a fan of that.

Marvel has revealed a 3 Phase structure, which is like an enlarged trilogy of its own. But even this will probably continue past Avengers: Infinity War Part 2.

Anytime a franchise keeps going with sequels, or ends where the main character can easily keep doing what he's been doing...it makes the overall picture weak. Makes me feel like it's incomplete, like i want to see another. Or the "next episode" style ALWAYS leads to filler. Prequels or sequels. LOTR was perfect, and then they did a Hobbit trilogy. That first Hobbit sucked IMO. Star Wars kept going with garbage.

There was only one other way to go after TDK, and that was get a new director to direct Bale and his co-stars. And that film would have been another young Bruce Wayne as Batman taking on a psychological threat. Which would have been hijacked by the studio shortly after.

We must remember that even if Nolan wanted to get a message out or not, that message is still up to the viewer to interpret. BatLobster's friend thought from the get-go that Batman would be retired at the start of the next movie. I take it as Batman would endure the hatred from Gotham for years, even if Gordon is of the belief that batman would continue physically. Gordon wouldn't be able to know in that very moment that Batman would continue or disappear forever. It's just his thoughts. And Nolans message is up the viewer. Batman is young, of course another adventure would happen after TDK, but Chris didn't know if he would do it, or another guy. The end was open-ended for a reason. But in reality, if Chris continued (with the mentality of not wanting the franchise to go on for ages), the Batman would not be able to bust criminals and save lives after Dent died. It would contradict the very message Bats wanted to send to the public. That he's the murderer. Recluse-Wayne was the logical next step if you want to emphasize story over marketing/money.

Why would Batman be out there defending the good? So to me, Rises doesn't tarnish the meaning of TDK or ruin how people see it. I don't care what Gordon tells his child in private, or if i think "enduring" means something more spiritual/emotional than physical in the end. Whether it's physical or not, Batman endured. Bruce is Batman. They endured for 8 years. He didn't have to be out there in order to do so. It wasn't some vacation for Bruce Wayne when he ditched the Batman. Think of all nights, years that he probably spent in the batcave & Wayne Manor brooding. Or building the batcave obsessively, with no real use for it other than a wish that he could one day return. But he can't since the public must percieve him a certain way. That's pretty sad and borderline nuts if you ask me. Sounds just like the character i love. And we know this all happened.

Maybe you just need to grow up. You don´t now the difference between using the same ip and being the same person, who cares.
Says the guy who repeats my own response and turns it against me, like a little child to a parent.

Last edited:
Says the guy who repeats my own response and turns it against me, like a little child to a parent.

You leave me no other choice. You act like an immature person by ignoring facts and jumping into hasty conclusions based on insufficient evidence. You don´t deserve better answer than i previously gave you, but i still give you one. You welcome. Now give up being a prick and stop judging people you don´t even know.

Last edited:
Yeah, and other people just happen to use the same computer or from the same school as you. You have the same IP as the other accounts, so you're the same guy. LOL it's not a big deal. Im not going to discuss this further with you, it's a waste of my time.

Back to the discussion about Batman.

Yeah, and other people just happen to use the same computer or from the same school as you. You have the same IP as the other accounts, so you're the same guy. LOL it's not a big deal. Im not going to discuss this further with you, it's a waste of my time.

Back to the discussion about Batman.

Are you dumb or you´re just playing dumb? Or are you just a guy who doesn´t know anything about technology? That´s not even a big problem. The problem is that you try to talk about things you know nothing about, and you shouldn´t.

One single proxy can be used by thousands of individuals. It´s actually pretty common. If there are really two guys with the same ip as me, then they must be using the same proxy, wich is public and free, for people all around the world. What didn´t you understand?

Shauner, what you just described isn't a boxset mentality.

A boxset mentality is when you lump all films together to the point you can't separate them mentally from one another, and the way you view one film drastically influences the way you view the others. It means if most of the films in a set are good (in your opinion), the bad ones are also automatically good or rank higher than they should. Or vice versa.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Rises "hater" for a second. Say you were unhappy with the film, for whatever reason. Would you have still praised it just because it was a Nolan Batman film and you liked the other 2? Would you have turned on the other 2 because the third put you off?

If you know you wouldn't have done any of the either, then you don't have a boxset mentality (or at least not in the negative connotation). You may still see it as a three-act story, you may not be able to rank one higher than the other, but you're unbiased enough to still acknowledge they were three separate projects.

But some people can't do that and their issues with one project "bleed" into the other one, not just with the Nolan films. It's for the same reason some fans praise IM2 and Thor TDW as great films just because they loved The Avengers, despite them not being as good.

Last edited:
I love how people are always finding new and elaborated ways of insinuating Rises is not a good movie, discrediting at the same time the opinion of those who think otherwise, through completely useless theories. It´s funny. All these discussions really boil down to a simple "I don´t like Rises, and if you do, this is why your opinion is invalid".

All three movies have big flaws. I see perfection in none of them, but the hate is as ridiculous or even more ridiculous than the love people have for the trilogy. Especially when those who hate it worship movies that are even more flawed.

Last edited:
Maybe you just need to grow up. You're caught, who cares.

:up: :up:

What's the point of having two profiles with high post counts? Weird...

It's as common as rain on message boards. They use an alternate account to spam, or troll, or make waves. They're called sock accounts. They are real easy to spot, too, because they're usually newbies making waves from the get-go. When they're caught out they'll do one of two things;

1. They'll own up to it, even though they have no choice because they've been caught with their matching IP address.
2. Or they'll try and deny it with some flimsy argument, like that proxies one Bruce....err I mean Kal-El.....errr I mean Beast did. It's like someone saying evidence can be planted or falsified so it shouldn't be admissible in court.

The latter rarely happens though. Most have the guts to own up to it.

Last edited:
:up: :up:

It's as common as rain on message boards. They use an alternate account to spam, or troll, or make waves. They're called sock accounts. They are real easy to spot, too, because they're usually newbies making waves from the get-go. When they're caught out they'll do one of two things;

1. They'll own up to it, even though they have no choice because they've been caught with their matching IP address.
2. Or they'll try and deny it with some flimsy argument, like that proxies one Bruce....err I mean Kal-El.....errr I mean Beast did. It's like someone saying evidence can be planted or falsified so it shouldn't be admissible in court.

The difference is that you have no evidence. Like i said, a huge number of people using the same ip address is a very common thing. It´s not a theory, it´s a fact. Two accounts with the same ip also doesn´t mean there´s one person behind them. This is a fact. A fact you choose to ignore because to you it feels more rewarding to simply point the finger at people and act like you´re very smart and catch the "bad guys".

You´re wrong. ;)

Yeah so you keep saying but nobody is buying it. We have thousands of profiles here, and if what you were saying is true we'd have cases of multiple people being banned all the time because of proxies matching the myriad of banned users on here. It's never happened. It would be a stupid flawed system that would be eradicated if it did.

You got caught in less than a week with your alternate account. It's embarrassing for you to be outed so quickly and publicly, so you'll try and deny it to the hilt. Problem is it's about as convincing as Paris Hilton's acting. But you keep singing your little proxies song. Only a long term member would keep denying it so ferociously to save face. A genuine newbie wouldn't care because they're new and don't know anyone here.

Yeah so you keep saying but nobody is buying it. We have thousands of profiles here, and if what you were saying is true we'd have cases of multiple people being banned all the time because of proxies matching the myriad of banned users on here. It's never happened. It would be a stupid flawed system that would be eradicated if it did.

It doesn´t matter if you buy it or not. A fact is a fact. Two accounts with the same ip doesn´t mean one single person behind them. This is a fact. Everything else is just you theorizing. Are you a mathematician or something? How do you know we should already have cases of people being banned because of it? Where do you get your data from? And how are you so sure it never happened before? Talk is cheap, my friend. Prove we´re the same person. Don´t prove we have the same ip, because that´s nothing. Prove we´re the same person.

You got caught in less than a week with your alternate account. It's embarrassing for you to be outed so quickly and publicly, so you'll try and deny it to the hilt. Problem is it's about as convincing as Paris Hilton's acting. But you keep singing your little proxies song. Only a long term member would keep denying it so ferociously to save face. A genuine newbie wouldn't care because they're new and don't know anyone here.

Wow, besides a mathematician, you´re also a psychologist. You know exactly what people would do under what circumstances, and you accept no exceptions. In your mind there´s only room for unconditional truths. You´re brilliant, my friend. You have all figured out. I wonder why such a brilliant man spends so much time arguing with people in a site like this. You should be focusing on saving the world or something.

Last edited:
Last post on this as your same tired unconvincing proxies spiel is just boring now, not to mention off topic; two persons with the same IP is the same person here. The only reason you're still here making your nonsense argument is because yours doesn't match with any former banned users. If it did you would be gone now, and nobody would be worrying about the ridiculous notion that they may have banned some poor unfortunate with the same proxies. That goes for any message board I have ever seen. There would be some kind of outcry about it on the Net.

Fact.

I've been here over 10 years. You get to know the ins and outs and message board behavior. Genuine new members couldn't give a toss what anyone thinks about them because they don't know anyone here. Members who have a long standing membership with many, many posts have built up a status and familiarity with the other members here. It's an on-line community where you build up a rapport. Ask anyone here. We all know each other. Travesty, Batlobster, Shauner etc. So when a long standing member is outed for some serious stupidity, like you've been, they will either humbly admit to it or ferociously deny it to save face. You did the latter, and did it really poorly, too.

All you've done is just solidify what we already knew as fact with your straw clutching proxies argument. It has already been proven you are the same person the moment your IP matched two members. I know this is not a common occurrence because if it was the administrators here wouldn't use it to ban former banned members who sneak back in under new names, because they could cry the same BS you're doing here.

You were caught with your pants down, you've been outed. End of story.

Last edited:
Shauner, what you just described isn't a boxset mentality.

A boxset mentality is when you lump all films together to the point you can't separate them mentally from one another, and the way you view one film drastically influences the way you view the others. It means if most of the films in a set are good (in your opinion), the bad ones are also automatically good or rank higher than they should. Or vice versa.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Rises "hater" for a second. Say you were unhappy with the film, for whatever reason. Would you have still praised it nust because it was a Nolan Batman film and you liked the other 2? Would you have turned on the other 2 because the third put you off?

If you know you wouldn't have done any of the either, then you don't have a boxset mentality (or at least not in the negative connotation). You may still see it as a three-act story, you may not be able to rank one higher than the other, but you're unbiased enough to still acknowledge they were three separate projects.

But some people can't do that and their issues with one project "bleed" into the other one, not just with the Nolan films. It's for the same reason some fans praise IM2 and Thor TDW as great films just because they loved The Avengers, despite them not being as good.
OK, i see what you're saying now.

I've been here over 10 years. You get to know the ins and outs and message board behavior. Genuine new members couldn't give a toss what anyone thinks about them because they don't know anyone here. Members who have a long standing membership with many, many posts have built up a status and familiarity with the other members here. It's an on-line community where you build up a rapport. Ask anyone here. We all know each other. Travesty, Batlobster, Shauner etc. So when a long standing member is outed for some serious stupidity, like you've been, they will either humbly admit to it or ferociously deny it to save face. You did the latter, and did it really poorly, too.

So, you´ve been here for 10 years, and just because you´re used to a certain type of behaviour you want to completely discard the possiblity that something a little different than what you´re used to can happen. In your mind, only the usual can happen. Sounds like a stupid argument to me, from someone who can only see in one direction.

Everything you say represents just a poor theory based on stupid generalizations. Are you telling me you´ve watched the behaviour of every single new member for over 10 years in order to know if they ever engage or not in heated discussions? Sounds like a lot of work to me. You seem a little obsessed with all this.

BTW, try to accuse an handful of new members of being someone else, and lets see if some of them won´t actually defend themselves.

And i love how you keep talking about facts, completely ignoring that the only fact here is that you´re wrong. You can say whatever you want, you can ignore every single one of my arguments and keep insisting that i was "caught", and you will still be wrong. It is as simple as that.

You´re wrong for not understanding that thousands and thousands of people can use the same exact ip, and you´re wrong for thinking your personal experience gives you the power to dictate what can and what cannot happen.

Your logic is so stupid that it´s almost like saying that, because i was never mugged, i will never be mugged for the rest of my lifetime. It´s just dumb and funny at the same time. Simple logic from a simple mind.

^ Hahaha don't worry we've all dropped it now. He's been publicly outed with Admin proof. No more needs to be said on it.

Last edited:
So, you´ve been here for 10 years, and just because you´re used to a certain type of behaviour you want to completely discard the possiblity that something a little different than what you´re used to can happen. In your mind, only the usual can happen. Sounds like a stupid argument to me, from someone who can only see in one direction.

Everything you say represents just a poor theory based on stupid generalizations. Are you telling me you´ve watched the behaviour of every single new member for over 10 years in order to know if they ever engage or not in heated discussions? Sounds like a lot of work to me. You seem a little obsessed with all this.

BTW, try to accuse an handful of new members of being someone else, and lets see if some of them won´t actually defend themselves.

And i love how you keep talking about facts, completely ignoring that the only fact here is that you´re wrong. You can say whatever you want, you can ignore every single one of my arguments and keep insisting that i was "caught", and you will still be wrong. It is as simple as that.

You´re wrong for not understanding that thousands and thousands of people can use the same exact ip, and you´re wrong for thinking your personal experience gives you the power to dictate what can and what cannot happen.

Your logic is so stupid that it´s almost like saying that, because i was never mugged, i will never be mugged for the rest of my lifetime. It´s just dumb and funny at the same time. Simple logic from a simple mind.
Nobody cares anymore. We know what's what. Donezo.

Nobody cares anymore. We know what's what. Donezo.

I certainly wasn´t the one bringing up the subject, and i´m certainly not the only one talking about it. If you don´t care, don´t comment on it. Ignore it. And you really don´t know much. You think you do, but that´s a completely different thing.

I certainly wasn´t the one bringing up the subject, and i´m certainly not the only one talking about it. If you don´t care, don´t comment on it. Ignore it. And you really don´t know much. You think you do, but that´s a completely different thing.

It's okay Bruce/Kal/Beast. We forgive you.

I forgive you too for your ignorance. It´s probably not your fault.

Thanks. I really can't help it. It's a disease.

On the other hand, I'm sorry your Bale-bashing was interrupted by a truth bomb about the multiple accounts you have here at the Hype. Maybe in a few months when we've forgotten about this whole ordeal, you can return to randomly bash Bale's Batman again to "stir the pot" as you obviously had hoped to do this time.

I think I speak for all of us here by wishing you the best of luck with your multiple accounts, and I, for one, am already looking forward to the day when you choose to create yet another one to expand your collection of identities even further.

Thanks. I really can't help it. It's a disease.

On the other hand, I'm sorry your Bale-bashing was interrupted by a truth bomb about the multiple accounts you have here at the Hype. Maybe in a few months when we've forgotten about this whole ordeal, you can return to randomly bash Bale's Batman again to "stir the pot" as you obviously had hoped to do this time.

I think I speak for all of us here by wishing you the best of luck with your multiple accounts, and I, for one, am already looking forward to the day when you choose to create yet another one to expand your collection of identities even further.

I didn´t bash Bale. I said i didn´t think he was the best Batman because his voice was horrible. Is that allowed? Can i dislike something? Or anytime someone has a not so popular opinion it means he is "trolling"? You guys don´t seem to deal very well with contrary opinions.

Oh, and i thought you didn´t care. Why are you still talking about it?

my final mask is done!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members