The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 152

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is modulated. That's not Affleck's natural voice.

muxy75.gif

Just kidding, Travesty. You certainly have a point.

Bale's sounded very natural to me. Like he was growling himself. Even if there was a scene where he wasn't, it always felt like it came from his body, his throat, his rage. Affleck sounds more robotic and unnatural, and i like it. Maybe he himself is more controlled when he's saying it. He's not straining his voice because he doesn't have to. It's making his voice sound deep and demonic.

So i agree with Travesty. But it's the same tone as Bale to me. It's a growl but there's two different ways to go about executing it. Maybe Snyder listened to Kevin Smith after all.

Bale's sounded very natural to me. Like he was growling himself. Even if there was a scene where he wasn't, it always felt like it came from his body, his throat, his rage. Affleck sounds more robotic and unnatural, and i like it. Maybe he himself is more controlled when he's saying it. He's not straining his voice because he doesn't have to. It's making his voice sound deep and demonic.

So i agree with Travesty. But it's the same tone as Bale to me. It's a growl but there's two different ways to go about executing it. Maybe Snyder listened to Kevin Smith after all.

:up:

We have to make a solemn vow to keep a discussion in these forums, even when BVS comes out next year. At least here there isn't much trolling. :oldrazz:

When we have discussions like this, and they're civil, i'd rather be here than anywhere else on the hype.

Actually, you felt the need to make commentary on my need to make " a relatively pissy comment about someone who made a pissy comment about a not-so-positive comment that was shared."

Anybody that actually pays attention to my posts knows that I don't express negativity towards someone JUST for being positive or gushing. That kind of silly assumption/misinterpretation should be left to the BvS forum.

Either you've got an incredible memory, or you must have taken the time to dig up those posts.

Aren't you the guy who said to The Joker "After being on the Hype as long as you have, I would have thought that kind of crap wouldn't bother you anymore"?

Yes, I am, and it was in reference to the fanboy cycle of people rejecting or bashing older versions of characters when new versions arise -- which we are all used to. Quite different than acknowledging or commenting on the systematic negativity (or repetitive commentary) by individual posters (who I've interacted with for years) about specific subjects.

Just saw the 30 second bvs trailer leak and the star wars trailer. I'm really excited about the new star wars films. I never really cared for the last 3 (I grew up with the original trilogy) and knowing its going in a new direction is pretty refreshing. Kinda reminds me of how I felt when Batman Begins was coming out for obvious reasons.

As for the trailer leak, I felt pretty indifferent. I had a lot of enthusiasm for Man of Steel and felt that the final trailer leading up to the film seemed to highlight all the right notes of the character. Too bad they weren't able to translate that into a full length film. Knowing how Mos turned out, I have reserved feelings for BvS even if the full trailer turns out well. Fool me once....

It's really impossible to tell about voice modulation at this point, based on the quality of the video. I'm not sure we'd easily be able to recognize or pinpoint any actors voice in the same scenario.

Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me, being a huge Batman fan and I can't feel even a smidge of excitement for a new movie with Batman in it. I remember feeling more interest in Batman and Robin back in '97 than I do for Batman vs Superman.

I just saw this leaked footage everyone's talking about, because I just had to hear if Batman's voice sounds robotic (it does), because wouldn't it be a hoot to have another round of Bat voice complaining. Too robotic instead of too growly this time.

Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me, being a huge Batman fan and I can't feel even a smidge of excitement for a new movie with Batman in it. I remember feeling more interest in Batman and Robin back in '97 than I do for Batman vs Superman.

Not criticizing you, but that boggles my mind. I don't know what it would take for me to not be remotely excited or interested in a movie with Batman in it.

Maybe if he was being played by Justin Beiber? I'd probably wait for DVD for that.

I'm a huge Batman fan, and I'm not excited either. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, especially if you weren't impressed with MOS.

Yes, I am, and it was in reference to the fanboy cycle of people rejecting or bashing older versions of characters when new versions arise -- which we are all used to. Quite different than acknowledging or commenting on the systematic negativity (or repetitive commentary) by individual posters (who I've interacted with for years) about specific subjects.

I don't think its much different at all. I sure wouldn't say "Why would you let this bother you?", when I've got fixations of my own. Seems hypocritical to me.

Last edited:
I don't think its much different at all. I sure as hell wouldn't say "Why do you let this bother you so much?", when I've got fixations of my own. Seems hypocritical to me.

I just wanted back to look at that interaction, and yeah, it is quite different than whatever you're trying to insinuate I'm doing here. I downplayed the impact the the "fanboy cycle" (which is a sub-societal mentality that has been seen all across the Hype for many years), suggesting we shouldn't let it bother us.

Either way, I'm glad to see that at least you and I both have our fixations.

I just saw this leaked footage everyone's talking about, because I just had to hear if Batman's voice sounds robotic (it does), because wouldn't it be a hoot to have another round of Bat voice complaining. Too robotic instead of too growly this time.

I understand. I feel the same. For me it's a mix of not really having that much confidence in this team, and also satisfaction. After years of Batman films i finally got a series that gave me what i was waiting for. It's Kind of how i react to every Batman cartoon after the 90's series. Basically "cool and good luck"

What's weird about me right now is I'm just not that excited for Avengers 2. I was so amped up when the first one came around, I loved the movie, I've been a fan of most of the MCU movies to an extent, and I have absolute confidence in the creative team going into this one.

But for some reason, I haven't felt nearly the same about this one which is weeks away now. Marvel fatigue, maybe. I don't know.

I just wanted back to look at that interaction, and yeah, it is quite different than whatever you're trying to insinuate I'm doing here.

You downplay things that are ultimately insignificant, only to feel the need to comment on things that are just as, if not more insignificant. I'm just saying I wouldn't give anyone advice I'm not willing to follow myself.

Hey Joker how did you feel about MOS? For me, I was really looking forward to it and really wanted and felt Snyder would succeed. But the end product was just, meh. So I'm not expecting to love or even like BvS. I'm just intrigued on how Affleck plays Bruce/Batman and how good the visuals will be. That's pretty sad, but that's how I feel about Snyder as a whole.

You downplay things that are ultimately insignificant, only to feel the need to comment on things that are just as, if not more insignificant. I'm just saying I wouldn't give anyone advice I'm not willing to follow myself.

Shocked that this conversation is still going on. I'll end it by thanking you for your advice and concern, and I'll also point out that you (who called me a hypocrite) are doing to me exactly what you are criticizing me of doing to others -- commenting on something completely insignificant, and acknowledging a person's posts (mine) that you find to be annoying and unnecessary.

As I said before, I'm glad to see that you and I aren't so different, and that you too like to comment on things that get under you skin.

Shocked that this conversation is still going on. I'll end it by thanking you for your advice and concern

I wouldn't say its concern, but ok. :up:

As I said before, I'm glad to see that you and I aren't so different, and that you too like to comment on things that get under you skin.

As does anyone who posts here.

As does anyone who posts here.

In that case, I might wonder why I'm at fault for commenting on something that might have gotten under mine. Then again, I've already lost interest.

Yeah Joker, I don't think there's anything "wrong" with you. I've said many times that my excitement for this movie isn't quite the same as the excitement I used to have for Batman movies. I think it's a combination of things- being so content (and emotionally spent) with the Nolan trilogy, not being the biggest fan of MoS, and feeling a bit grumpy about Batman having to share his already vast and rich mythology with so many other characters. On top of that, my excitement for Star Wars is overshadowing everything else by far right now and after today's trailer I really don't see that changing.

That said, I'm trying to let my guard down and I'm really hoping this movie has something to offer (beyond eye candy) that really knocks my socks off. At this point I'm pretty excited to check out the trailer and start getting my head around the feel of the movie.

I guess if I could sum up my feelings...TDKT was dinner. DCCU seems like it'll be a decadent dessert. And I'm okay with that, but I'm not sure my level of emotional investment will be the same. We shall see!

I'm also content and spent with the TDKT. My energies are going into Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"