The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 153

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pumped for BvS... but there is still that little, tiny part of my heart that wishes it was Bale in this movie. :csad:

He's at the right age for it and his Batman could have fit into the whole world weariness angle perfectly.

Actually, Bruce dancing with Diana seems to claim heritage to this:

latest

JL_MaidofHonor.jpg

Affleck: “I love the fact that there was this Thomas Crowne Affair, Bond-y sexy scene that they wrote about two people who are pretending to be two different people who each know the secrets of the other person,” says Ben Affleck.

Two people sharing a dance, who each know the other's secret identity. Going to be an interesting dynamic. In Returns, Bruce and Selina only discovered each other's identities as a result of the dance itself. In TDKR, Selina was unaware that Bruce was Batman.

I'm pumped for BvS... but there is still that little, tiny part of my heart that wishes it was Bale in this movie. :csad:

He's at the right age for it and his Batman could have fit into the whole world weariness angle perfectly.
Me too :csad:

But it usually only lasts about 30 seconds until i realize that MOS was average in comparison to the trilogy and even if some of these movies featuring Batman are awesome, chances are some of the others will suck. I embrace quality over quantity, with franchises and tv shows, so a huge part of me is glad that it's Affleck.

That's actually a pretty cool observation Shape. It's cool that it's consistently been a different dynamic each time we've had scenes like that.

I never wanted Bale for this but it does seem redundant that they're doing the Dark Knight Returns inspired incarnation after Nolan just did his own spin on that story.

The biggest thing holding me back from being excited about the movie is that Zach Snyder is directing it. Just not a fan of his. There are several other reasons on top of that, though. And it sucks because I really would like to be jazzed about it and on paper I absolutely should be. It's what I've always wanted to see in a DC movie and it's heavily inspired by one of my favorite works ever. But there are just too many caveats for me to think the movie will be good. But hey, having lowered expectations at least means I won't be disappointed.

I'm basically in the same place as you guys. I'm excited because of the characters, most of the actors, most of the suits, the DCCU etc. Not excited because of MoS's huge problems, the tone going forward, some of the creatives etc.

West: Dancing with Meriwether
Keaton: Dancing with Pfeiffer
Bale: Dancing with Hathaway
Affleck: Dancing with Gadot

It's a Batman tradition.

B89: Dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight

I wonder how Affleck will approach Bats, whether he'll be icy cool as Keaton or be as emotive as Bale?

West: Dancing with Meriwether
Keaton: Dancing with Pfeiffer
Bale: Dancing with Hathaway
Affleck: Dancing with Gadot

It's a Batman tradition.

Don't forget little Bruce and Selina.

wk206d.jpg

Although technically we need Affleck to dance with his Selina to keep the tradition alive.

I would’ve loved to see Bale reprise his role, but I guess it would be better to try another so it doesn’t get tiring.

Bale reprising his role in this film is, and always has been, a bad idea.

In other words: Joker wins everything and Batman kills him immediately after. Meh.

In other words: Joker wins everything and Batman kills him immediately after. Meh.

As opposed to "Joker wins everything and Batman puts him in a padded cell, then quits being a superhero for eight years?"

Btw I finished Arkham Knight... I just need to get the riddler trophies to get to the final stage. I must say I really loved it.

Btw I finished Arkham Knight... I just need to get the riddler trophies to get to the final stage. I must say I really loved it.

How do you think it holds up compared to the other games? I liked it, but I have to say I still think I prefer City and Origins.

I still think AA is my favorite. For me, it goes:

AA
AC
AK
AO

They're all good games, I just wasn't a huge fan of AK. It was a fun play through, though.

AK is the weakest of the games IMO. The over abundance of Batmobile turns it into a driving game predominantly, and a tedious one at that. That hurts the replay value. The side missions are boring and unimaginative, with Professor Pyg's being the only exception. There's no boss fights, unless you count boring tanks battles. Rocksteady really lost a lot of steam on this one.

AO
AC
AA
AK

:hehe:

Anything is better than Batman killing the Joker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"