The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

I quit watching this some time back but heard how they handled Rick's departure.

A cheap cop out move that is unsurprising given how many previous cheap cop out moments the show has had. That they did it again in what sounds like the most ridiculous way possible is why I'm glad I gave up on this show. He is flown away in a chopper like some kind of b-movie villian stunt? So Rick's final stand was more a limp away from the series only to return later.

The spoilers I read pointed out the many places where he could have died in this episode and it been meaningful.

It's called "The Walking Dead" but mostly feature people fighting people instead of trying to survive zombies in a dead world. The zombies only ever feature as background plot devices and occasional distractions when they remember zombies are the entire point of the series.

Anyhow the movie announcement also cheapens what little impact the episode ending was meant to bring.
So much this. Everyone keeps telling me to watch it, but from what everyone tells me, its ppl fighting ppl, which is what turned me off from "zombie" games like The Last of Us. I don't care about ppl fighting ppl and ppl vs ppl drama; I wanna see some zombie killing action. But I do occasionally keep up with plots superficially just to keep up with pop culture and memes. And from how they're handling things with Rick's exit, on the surface, this reeks of how OUAT died towards the end of it's run.
Both shows had the main character who started it all leave (Morrison and Lincoln), both does a time skip to reset things and bring in new characters and groups, which is just rehashing old plots with a new skin, and both show runners claim the time jump reset will set up the franchise for another big multi-season arc that will match the success of seasons past, since they'll be rehashing storylines in new skins. OUAT died shortly after that happened, and I see the same happening to TWD.

So much this. Everyone keeps telling me to watch it, but from what everyone tells me, its ppl fighting ppl, which is what turned me off from "zombie" games like The Last of Us. I don't care about ppl fighting ppl and ppl vs ppl drama; I wanna see some zombie killing action. But I do occasionally keep up with plots superficially just to keep up with pop culture and memes. And from how they're handling things with Rick's exit, on the surface, this reeks of how OUAT died towards the end of it's run.
Both shows had the main character who started it all leave (Morrison and Lincoln), both does a time skip to reset things and bring in new characters and groups, which is just rehashing old plots with a new skin, and both show runners claim the time jump reset will set up the franchise for another big multi-season arc that will match the success of seasons past, since they'll be rehashing storylines in new skins. OUAT died shortly after that happened, and I see the same happening to TWD.
It very much is a OUAT all over again.

The Last of Us has a ton of zombie action. Even when Joel and Ellie get tangled up with cannibals and a paramilitary group there is always zombies to deal with at the same time. Plus it's actually a great story that doesnt overstay its welcome. Unlike this literal **** show.

The title "The Walking Dead" refers to the survivors. They're the point of the series and zombies are a backdrop. Been like that since the pilot.

8TkXb9t.jpg

VmTq9GN.gif

The Last of Us might be the best game ever made and one of my favorite stories, but of course it doesn't overstay it's welcome. It's one game that you can finish in a few days compared to a huge multimedia franchise. :funny:

That still misses the point. They are the last survivors of a zombie apocaplyse and yet the zombie apocaplyse plays second banana to a tired trope of humans are awful and we will kill one another given the chance.

Which as it turns out isn't true anyways. But it's more convienent to just throw people at one another in contrived situations than try to show people survive in a world where zombies are an ever present threat. Replace the zombies with any other end of the world scenario and this series would be indistinguishable. This could practically be Mad Max in America. Instead of zombies they're just cannibals who occasionally get in the way of the "civilized" people fighting each other.

Anybody else having the same issue with AMC where there's these little buzzy intermittent noises going on in the background? It started for me with some of the Fearfest movies and it's continued on with WD. It's not happening for me on any other channel, just AMC. :huh:

I still watch it but i lost interest after season 5 or 6 i think. Didnt like the way Negan was portrayed.
Also after so many years after the start of the zombie attacks people are still using technology. There are no more factories so even small things like light bulbs or batteries should run out. Same goes with fuel. Should be medivel lifestyle.
Then zombies just appear when necessary.
Also now in season 9 its been like 10 years since the start of zombies so shouldnt the amount of zombies drop exponentially since it takes less than a year for a body to decompose. So the biggest zombie wave should have been in first 2 or 3 years when probably most of humans died and turned to zombies. After so many years now human population probably shrank a lot and settled in comunities thus there shouldnt be that much new zombies while the old ones should decompose.

The question of fewer zombies is also one I have as well, what with the rate of decay and you gotta figure the replacement rate must be falling after an initial high in the beginning. How can gigantic herds be shambling around?

Finally caught up on this first half of the season and Talking Dead and I have to say I’m actually enjoying this season. It still doesn’t have that earlier seasons magic but for the most part it’s been good. This season and the past season of FTWD (even though I’m one of the few with Fear S4) have renewed my interest in this franchise and I’m looking forward to the Rick trilogy and the Whispers arc as well as the next season of FTWD. I guess honestly I’ve been watching since the start so I might as well stick with this franchise till the end whenever that is.

I went to Atlanta this weekend for The Days of the Dead Con to see Clive Barker. I went directly to see Clive after getting my lanyard in the long ass prepaid line. When I got in Clive's little room I saw the signature Greg Nicotero hair, he was kneeling text to Clive and I near had a some sort of outer body experience. I've never felt such joy! I didn't take a picture but that image will for every be blazed in my memory. I didn't want to taint the experience by invading it with an inappropriate photo. Not long after their one on one, Greg was pricing Clive art as I stood less than a foot from him. I still never bothered him for a photo. But I made sure I told my son who he was as we stood next to him.

I'm glad that there's proof he was there. :D

Our pal Greg Nicotero stopped by the Cavitycolors booth today! It’s always a pleasure chatting horror with him. He’s currently working on the CREEPSHOW tv series here in Atlanta, and I can safely say it’s gonna be absolutely incredible, with a lot of ATL horror people involved.

Dx3BQxxUYAEvPtH.jpg

Good. And yet still so many talking about 'Oh, the ratings are tanking,' which okay, they're not what they used to be, but again, this show was never in any danger. So there you go.

Agreed. This show is still getting ratings of the average network tv series. It's only shocking as it was among the highest rated shows on tv 3-4 years ago.

Good. And yet still so many talking about 'Oh, the ratings are tanking,' which okay, they're not what they used to be, but again, this show was never in any danger. So there you go.

If anything the show has shown their is a flux with ratings. IMO anyone who said they watched season 2-3 complaining how thing are slow now, were not watching it back then, obviously. It surpassed how long I thought it would last.

'Walking Dead': Danai Gurira to Exit

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gurira, who officially joined the series in season three as iconic katana-wielding badass Michonne, has signed a deal to return for her final season of the zombie drama.

Under her new deal, Gurira will return in a limited capacity — described as only a handful of episodes — that will be interspersed throughout season 10. The actress, playwright and social activist will then likely segue to the three Walking Dead movies that AMC is planning with former leading man Andrew Lincoln.

Will indeed be curious to see if she did reunite with Rick in his films.

And now the wait for a Disney+ Wakanda show.

I'm not surprised. Kinda figured she'd leave when she didn't sign on with Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"