Tyler Hoechlin is Clark Kent/Superman

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
pS502j.jpg

New subforum, new Tyler as Supes thread!​

Random thought, but I kind of hope they can come up with an excuse to use this suit again at some point:

aafc6bd9071c19ff410a2377928591286f9a8f83.png
FB_IMG_1540358696775.jpg

I honestly can't think of a good reason, but damn.

Thor-Its-a-good-look.gif

Random thought, but I kind of hope they can come up with an excuse to use this suit again at some point:

aafc6bd9071c19ff410a2377928591286f9a8f83.png
FB_IMG_1540358696775.jpg

I honestly can't think of a good reason, but damn.

Thor-Its-a-good-look.gif

Seeing Tyler portray a evil overlord version of Superman in "Elseworlds" only solidified my belief that he should have been used as the leader of the Nazis in Earth X.

Agreed. I think I mentioned this back in the Earth-X threads, but I didn't even realize Oliver was supposed to be the actual führer until really late in the game because he just seemed like one of their generals. Plus it didn't make any sense in a "meritocracy" Overgirl described where positions of power were determined by actual abilities/power (like even as they had it, how was SHE not the one in charge?). Definitely should've been Supes, even if he couldn't show up in person. Just having images of him as Overman everywhere would've still been preferable to what they did.

Just another case of Guggenheim favoring Oliver over logic in these crossovers, imo.

Agreed. I think I mentioned this back in the Earth-X threads, but I didn't even realize Oliver was supposed to be the actual führer until really late in the game because he just seemed like one of their generals. Plus it didn't make any sense in a "meritocracy" Overgirl described where positions of power were determined by actual abilities/power (like even as they had it, how was SHE not the one in charge?). Definitely should've been Supes, even if he couldn't show up in person. Just having images of him as Overman everywhere would've still been preferable to what they did.

Just another case of Guggenheim favoring Oliver over logic in these crossovers, imo.

Pretty much. Now with Oliver and Felicity gone, I'm curious to see who MG is going to favor next over everyone else in the next crossover. Definitely won't be Kara based on previous crossovers. My guess is Sara and Barry to a lesser extent.

It's weird though that I found myself more impressed with Tyler's acting/performance when he was portraying Black Superman. I don't know why but previous Superman actors seem to really shine when they're playing a corrupted version of their respective characters.

I'm not sure MG will be running the next crossover since Arrow's done. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Yeah, all Superman actors have seemed to relish playing the evil versions. Melissa did, too (she's played like 3 different "evil versions" now, lol).

Well, let's hope that Tyler's ready to pull out all of the stops when it comes to his performances since his previous appearances didn't really allow him to flex his acting skills. We've only seen glimpses of his personality.

I'm also curious if Tyler has it within himself to actually give an emotional performance. I'm not asking for anything Oscar worthy. But I hope he's a lot better than Welling's earlier years in "Smallville".

And for the love of all things sacred, I hope Tyler bulks up as time passes. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, he was in better shape during his first two appearances as Superman when compared to his recent physique.

Tyler gave a more convincing emotional performance at age 14 in Road to Perdition than Welling ever has, imo. I ain't worried about that. He's already perfect for the role performance-wise to me.

You're right that he slimmed down after his first appearance, though. He did it for another role and then never got the bulk back. I too hope he puts some of it back on. I also hope he grows his hair back out a little like he had it in his first appearance as well:
3-39045_png-superman-tyler-hoechlin-superman.png
f497dafc610d2708e844d754d9e61900--tyler-hoechlin-supergirl.jpg

SeriousLoathsomeAlleycat-size_restricted.gif
tumblr_ov1mfqvqY31w1ow56o1_500.gifv
original.gif

Contrast that with Elseworlds:

beac6586e38b1d75801b19d6bc32754c.jpg

tumblr_pjsl11XMYI1w8zj42o1_500.gifv

The weight loss was substantial enough that you could tell the suit didn't even fit him right anymore. I think part of the reason the black suit looked so much better on him in Elseworlds was that it was made for that event and therefore was fitted to his current body type.

Last edited:
I would like to see Tyler play the Injustice Superman.

Looking forward to seeing some new interviews with Tyler about the character as I don't think we've gotten any proper ones since the show was announced. Here's a couple of the first ones he did about Supes shortly after being cast, at SDCC 2016:

Yes he definitely needs to hit the gym and stop looking so slim. At least get back to his first appearance weight and shape.

I agree, a little more gym and longer hair, the suit I guess in the end the best is always the most classic but I do not want the underpants. I leave some tests that I have been doing over time.. vlcsnap-2018-12-12-19h11m42s231final.jpg superman lois titul.jpg hologram dark letras.jpg super,kjb .jpg super,kjlñmñkljjb.jpg vlcsnap-2016-10-19-01h57m18s678.jpg vlcsnap-2016-10-19-01h57m18s678thgy.jpg supermannew suit firma.jpg newuyhi.jpg

Tyler gave a more convincing emotional performance at age 14 in Road to Perdition than Welling ever has, imo. I ain't worried about that. He's already perfect for the role performance-wise to me.

You're right that he slimmed down after his first appearance, though. He did it for another role and then never got the bulk back. I too hope he puts some of it back on. I also hope he grows his hair back out a little like he had it in his first appearance as well:
3-39045_png-superman-tyler-hoechlin-superman.png
f497dafc610d2708e844d754d9e61900--tyler-hoechlin-supergirl.jpg
It's kind of annoying that both Hoechlin and Cavill can pull off the classic Superman hair curl and all, and they don't take advantage of it in the actual show/movies. I know they won't do it, but I hope they give him the hair curl for this show.

Bulking up and letting his hair grow out would definitely help his Superman look I think. I like him alright as Superman, maybe having his own show they will actually write him a bit better.

I feel like I’m the only one who isn’t obsessed about Tyler bulking up :funny:

One thing I don’t think gets mentioned enough is how much Tyler has gotten to do as Superman. He’s had more to do than the last two movie Supermen. He really got to show his range playing Deegan Superman in Elseworlds.

I feel like I’m the only one who isn’t obsessed about Tyler bulking up :funny:

One thing I don’t think gets mentioned enough is how much Tyler has gotten to do as Superman. He’s had more to do than the last two movie Supermen. He really got to show his range playing Deegan Superman in Elseworlds.

Maybe he should slim down instead. :o

Put it this way, if I was his size I’d be very happy :D

So would most people, but that's because they're only aspiring to be a regular-sized muscle person and not a Superman.

I mean, if we’re gonna get into THAT discussion, Superman doesn’t actually need to be big. He should look naturally fit due to insane metabolism/yellow sun, but that’s all that’s necessary, imo. I just want Tyler to bulk up a bit because right now his own damn suit doesn’t fit him anymore, lol.

While I agree that Superman doesn't need to look like a guy on steroids or a person that spends most of his time in the gym, he shouldn't look like an average sized guy either imho.

If this is what an average guy looks like then I don’t know what I am

B98A8D0A-A56A-4179-8E64-404691F6FCBF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"