Uncharted

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to the last thread but here’s a new one.

Some casting news: Antonio Banderas has joined the film in an undisclosed role.

Guess this is really happening.

Not sure what happened to the last thread but here’s a new one.

Some casting news: Antonio Banderas has joined the film in an undisclosed role.

Guess this is really happening.

Yes, Ruben Fleischer is officially directing and Tom Holland is going to Berlin to start soon, by the end of the month.

So it's happening?

giphy.gif

What little interest I had in this film is now gone with Ruben Fleischer directing. I've never liked a single one of his movies and I doubt young Nathan Drake is going to be the one that changes my mind. What a waste of Antonio Banderas. Oh well.

There's so many lengthly cutscenes in the games that a movie seems rather redundant.

Thought I was going crazy with the previous thread disappearing and it was just me, glad to see it wasn't.

I am a fan of Fleischer love the Zombieland movies and enjoyed the hell out of Venom so him directing an Uncharted movie any other time would get me excited as hell. But with the storyline they are going for, and at least 2 of the main cast being utterly unsuited to their roles, I just won't be getting excited for this at all.

I just really don't get why do this. I don't get Tom Holland claiming he's a big fan of the game and doing this. This just seems really stupid.

This was the easiest lay up for a VG adaptation and they're already fumbling the ball. It could turn out good, but this just doesn't read as interesting to me.

Also is this going to be a period piece? In the 70s or 80s with Nathan Drake growing up

I just really don't get why do this. I don't get Tom Holland claiming he's a big fan of the game and doing this. This just seems really stupid.

This was the easiest lay up for a VG adaptation and they're already fumbling the ball. It could turn out good, but this just doesn't read as interesting to me.

Also is this going to be a period piece? In the 70s or 80s with Nathan Drake growing up

Totally agree but especially with your middle paragraph. The game is pretty much a movie anyway, just make it as such. No one is interested in Drake's origin story.

Is someone deleted/editing posts?

Maybe I'm going crazy but it seems like I've posted in this new thread more than once and my posts are either deleted or edited

I never understood the mindset behind a film like this.

"You know that popular new media property? Let's get the rights to that! Now let's change everything about it!"

Then they wonder why it flops. I understand that changes need to be made to adaptations, but too often the changes are so substantial that it fundamentally doesn't even resemble the same property and takes away what was appealing about it in the first place.

Suddenly, that DoR version doesn't sound bad. I remember only reading the first 10 pages or so, gotta give it another read. Eh.

xRsiB78.png

Yeah, I'll probably give it a read after I finish Aronofsky's Year One. It can't be worse than what Fleischer's doing. I don't have a lot of faith in the writer's behind Transformers 5 & MiB: International.

Yeah, I'll probably give it a read after I finish Aronofsky's Year One. It can't be worse than what Fleischer's doing. I don't have a lot of faith in the writer's behind Transformers 5 & MiB: International.

Well, this new take on the material had long be decided before Fleischer came on board.

I never understood the mindset behind a film like this.

"You know that popular new media property? Let's get the rights to that! Now let's change everything about it!"

Then they wonder why it flops. I understand that changes need to be made to adaptations, but too often the changes are so substantial that it fundamentally doesn't even resemble the same property and takes away what was appealing about it in the first place.
That's why people like you will never run studio or work in Hollywood. Because they would actually be succesful. Look at my signature.

Just fancasting for the sake of it...

Nathan Drake - Dan Stevens

Elena Fisher - Rosamund Pike (or Rhea Seehorn)

Chloe Frazer - Janina Gavankar

Victor Sullivan - Bruce Campbell (or Don Johnson)

Nadine Ross - Lashana Lynch

Harry Flynn - Tom Hiddleston

Rafe Adler - Jake Gyllenhaal

Katherine Marlowe - Helen Mirren

Zoran Lazarevic - Vinnie Jones

Holland looks like young Drake, but... I don't want young Drake. I just re-beat 1-3 and a just started 4 for the first time. I love this franchise and Marky Mark as Sully is just idiotic.

The problem is that he looks like young teenaged Drake that you see for like a couple chapters of Uncharted 3. And Tom Holland is 23.

During the charity fundraiser pop quiz he hosted for some fans on Instagram a few days ago, Tom Holland told them he’ll be back in Berlin to resume Uncharted on July 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"