World Web shooter shop class - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but the problem is that is not in sale but you can create one the scientific have the russian patent My steps are this

1- get melanine ( investigate what it is)
2- get water
3- put it in a bottle
4- add energy

If it don't function try to see in youtube some videos

why glyserine I think that you can use Ww formula and thanks but you don't think that is so costly though thanks

ooh and can you tell me if it's solvent soluble

why glyserine I think that you can use Ww formula and thanks but you don't think that is so costly though thanks

ooh and can you tell me if it's solvent soluble

If I remember right, it only dissolves in water. But it doesn't take much

Is it possible to use pvc pipe lined with some kind of tape (to prevent a solovent from eating away at it)

What's the viscosity of wallcrawlers formula.
No one knows. It involves Nylon 6,10; this is really hard to obtain and can burn the skin. Also, I believe it would cause an unnecessary reaction, making it really viscous. I don't think anyone should or could use this formula. We should stick with something more common, like something silicon or latex based. We could try the PVA or cellulose acetate formulas, but these are hard to synthesize as well, considering we have no proportions for them.
I am done with the shooter. I just need something to put in the pressure to the canisters, and to figure out a lower viscosity formula. I am thinking of using a silicon-based thinner and lubricant.

Holy CRAP! Spot ON brother! That is Exactly how I imagined! Also, two things I did to improve;
1- make the can fit AROUND your wrist, as to have more space for fluid.
2- What if we took three pen heads, put them on a ring around the nozzle, and made it so that it had different hole designs for different web shapes on the pen heads?
Like, a hole, six smaller holes surrounding it, and a hole shaped like a ring over lapping those for a net shaped web, a ring hole pointing inward toward a big hole for a web-bomb(dried web outside, fluid inside. Hits something, on impact it covers the target in web). Maybe just a bunch of holes for a web barrage. And of course, just one hole for a web line for swinging.
Also, I forgot to mention, that Nation-wide Spider-Men alliance idea? That reminds me of Batman Inc.! That be KICK @$5!!!

Thanks bro! So, now are we going to work on this prototype?
I read about new project including motor (just like the amazing spiderman's web shooter...). Sorry if i'm not showing up often here, but i'm out of my country right now :( BTW best regards!

However, for the spinnerette to actually spin, it needs to be mounted to some sort of axis. However, for the fluid to go through the spinnerette, the axis would have to be in the same place as the axis.
There are two solutions to this problem. The first is to make the tube leading up to the spinerette to be coaxial, as in having the axis for the spinnerette within the tube that goes into the spinnerette. The second is the make the tube that leads up to the spinnerete act as the axis as well as the tube. However, this would either mean a complex gear system within the shooter or that the canister needs to be directly in-line with the solenoid and spinnerette.

There is a simpler way to rotate the nozzle without a motor or an axis. Use the flow of the fluid the drive a tiny propeller. The propeller should have no shaft. Instead weld a small rod to the edges of the blades. The other end of the rods should be welded to the circumference of bearing which holds the holes of the spinnerette(nozzle). As the fluid flows, it will spin the propeller in turn spinning the the nozzle which is bounded in the bearing.

BUT this needs to be tested because i too have some suspicion regarding the centrifugal force causing the fluid fly outwards on exit rather than a straight spiral rope. Maybe it depends on how electrostatic the fluid is and maybe the angle tilt of the tubes of the exit holes of the nozzle may counter balance the centrifugal force. I doubt it would work but i myself would like to test this.

No one knows. It involves Nylon 6,10; this is really hard to obtain and can burn the skin. Also, I believe it would cause an unnecessary reaction, making it really viscous. I don't think anyone should or could use this formula. We should stick with something more common, like something silicon or latex based. We could try the PVA or cellulose acetate formulas, but these are hard to synthesize as well, considering we have no proportions for them.
I am done with the shooter. I just need something to put in the pressure to the canisters, and to figure out a lower viscosity formula. I am thinking of using a silicon-based thinner and lubricant.
cool but your webshooter already have a spinneret and a heating system ???

Thanks bro! So, now are we going to work on this prototype?
I read about new project including motor (just like the amazing spiderman's web shooter...). Sorry if i'm not showing up often here, but i'm out of my country right now :( BTW best regards!

I hope I can get started on a prototype, but I'm kinda on a budget... Meaning, I'm broke:( However, I've been digging around and it turns out, yes you can use a motor. I saw this video of a guy that has a PROMETHEUS Flame Thrower(very similar to web shooters), and one version had two buttons behind his knuckles that spun a knob that let in the fuel, or turned it off. We could do a little something like that, plus the batteries would be able to attach to the device.

There is a simpler way to rotate the nozzle without a motor or an axis. Use the flow of the fluid the drive a tiny propeller. The propeller should have no shaft. Instead weld a small rod to the edges of the blades. The other end of the rods should be welded to the circumference of bearing which holds the holes of the spinnerette(nozzle). As the fluid flows, it will spin the propeller in turn spinning the the nozzle which is bounded in the bearing.

BUT this needs to be tested because i too have some suspicion regarding the centrifugal force causing the fluid fly outwards on exit rather than a straight spiral rope. Maybe it depends on how electrostatic the fluid is and maybe the angle tilt of the tubes of the exit holes of the nozzle may counter balance the centrifugal force. I doubt it would work but i myself would like to test this.
Trust me, not a good idea. That was what I did originally, and it did not turn. Propellors are used for pneumatics in air, not semi-viscous gels. It was something I tested, and it did not work... at all. It would still need an axis, though. Nice idea, though. You're on the right track.

I know this might not be exactly like the movie but i think i have a pretty good idea about the web shooter.
You would start off with the strap around your wrist with the trigger like he has in in the movie but the web shooter would shoot a bb like object. The bb would have a thin layer of plastic around it so that when it hits something it breaks. Inside it would be a really sticky substance. and you good use nylon or something that is very strong and tire it to a plastic piece that is strong so the the string has somthing to stick. the would be a rotateing thing on the outside with the sticky bbs that would rotate every time it gets shot then sticks on the to the hard plastic piece that holds the string. the bb would habe to be propelled by a spring because Co2 would break it. the whole web shooter would have to be a little longer down you arm so that it has a strong spring. And you might have to cock the spring back somehow.

Trust me, not a good idea. That was what I did originally, and it did not turn. Propellors are used for pneumatics in air, not semi-viscous gels. It was something I tested, and it did not work... at all. It would still need an axis, though. Nice idea, though. You're on the right track.

Hmm, ya the viscosity would be problematic. Tbh I have no idea of the properties of the formula. It would work with water. What I describe was probably not clear enough but it doesn't require an axis. Kind of like an impeller but the ring around the impeller would be a bearing that turns and turns the impeller with it. You could play around with this idea by extruding the shape of the propeller which may solve the viscosity problem.

Look, I'm telling you guys, we're close! Now, I'm no Einstein, but the spinning problem? What if we put the spinneret inside of the spinning thing? Idk how to explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"