What should Gunn do with Batman?

I think a Batman who can survive explosions to the face and wiping out in a wing suit and then climbing up to the top of the same tower he jumped off ten minutes later will have no problem hanging with the Justice League.

Plus, The Batman wasn’t *so* good that I need them to keep it “grounded.” It was a fun authentic Batman, but it was also a film with like… 6 acts. I love Matt Reeves, but this film was Bloat City. The property would be improved with Gunn’s input. Say what you will about Gunn’s aesthetic/humor, but he knows how to structure a film or series perfectly.

david-bowie-stare.gif

They should do a World's Finest movie first. Let Batman team up with Superman and have that be the baby steps to Justice League.
Maybe. And in this one, instead of clark investigating "the Bat", it would Batman investigating the "flying strong man who saves people"..

Look, at the end of the day, I have no idea what James Gunn will do or not. But I'd hope that if he's making a brand-new DC universe, it'd be one where movies as The Batman that were made with extreme care and attention from everyone involved, can exist. A DC Cinematic Universe that doesn't have the space for films like that is borderline worthless imo.

It's not often that I agree with Jett, but with his latest remark on establishing a separate imprint (one that would conceptually fall under the larger DC Studios umbrella), he's on to something here. If memory serves me right, previous Warner regimes toyed around with the very same idea but ultimately failed to bring it to fruition. Zaslav's current plans notwithstanding, it behooves him to at least explore the option.

I say just wind it in.

I don't see any reason why the Reevesverse should be separate if it's sticking around. It's not "DC Black Label" because its not a radically different approach like Joker or that something like Red Son would be.

It's a popular and comics-accurate Batman. Put it in. Reeves can still control it.

It's not often that I agree with Jett, but with his latest remark on establishing a separate imprint (one that would conceptually fall under the larger DC Studios umbrella), he's on to something here. If memory serves me right, previous Warner regimes toyed around with the very same idea but ultimately failed to bring it to fruition. Zaslav's current plans notwithstanding, it behooves him to at least explore the option.

That idea i have been saying for years.
Like you could have easily done more Snyder stuff if you would have created a seperate universe, the Black Label universe so to speak.
You can put Joker there, Snyders verse, Reeves Batman etc without worrying about any connections and stuff.
Ive been saying for years that treating Snyders universe as the Main Universe is the biggest mistake they did.
This would have turned out so much better if a Batman Murdering people would have been an Black Label or Elseworld universe instead of the Main one.

Like you could do this way for example a Horror Movie with Batman, you could make a Brutal Deathstroke mercenary movie or Bloodsport etc.
You can really go all out without having to worry.

I still don't know how Gunn and Safran untangle this mess and sort all this out when they are still supposed to release Flash and Aquaman next year.

Given Gunn's and Reeves' latest tweets, there's really only two options left:

1) Reboot/recast
2) Don't include Batman in the DCU

I still don't know how Gunn and Safran untangle this mess and sort all this out when they are still supposed to release Flash and Aquaman next year.

Well the 10 year Plan starts 2024 After Aquaman, so its possible they ignore everything and Do a Hard reboot After aquaman, but i guess this comes all down to how the movies perform.

What other Actor would be good for Batman for the New DCEU if its not
Robert Pattinson? should be an Actor in his 20s or 30s who had the charisma to be Batman for many years

Robert Pattinson? should be an Actor in his 20s or 30s who had the charisma to be Batman for many years

Me.
Get ready for a 5'6 hairy man under the cowl! (I'll probably end up looking like an out of shape Wolverine tbh...)

Fabien Frankel (House of the Dragon)

Or

Charlie Vickers (Rings of Power)

Given Gunn's and Reeves' latest tweets, there's really only two options left:

1) Reboot/recast
2) Don't include Batman in the DCU

That is just one option. Because there is absolutely zero chance that WB would ever approve a Batman-less DCU.

Well the 10 year Plan starts 2024 After Aquaman, so its possible they ignore everything and Do a Hard reboot After aquaman, but i guess this comes all down to how the movies perform.

What about Blue Beetle and Shazam 2?

I pretty much assumed that there was going to be a new Batman for the DCU, so Gunn's statement doesn't come as a surprise.

One of many ways, to distinguish the DCU Bruce Wayne persona from Reeve's version, is to make him a 20 something, night on the town, social media, , shallow, playboy.

6d9286a02166f42335b02fa69e09055cd95c7f7b.pnj

main-qimg-2b354d30ea81e85b2357c777ba3db0d8-pjlq

Gunn confirmed on twitter today that Batman is a "big part" of the DCU.

So if he's a "big part" of the DCU then I think that means either we get a new Batman (alongside Pattinson's movies or replaces them), or we get Pattinson's Batman incorporated into the DCU. They can't have it both ways without literally having two different versions of Batman at the same time.

So if he's a "big part" of the DCU then I think that means either we get a new Batman (alongside Pattinson's movies or replaces them), or we get Pattinson's Batman incorporated into the DCU.

The latter was already debunked by Gunn on Twitter. As a few of us have been saying, we're most likely getting a new Batman for the DCU. Reeves' version isn't going anywhere — so, don't worry — but he'll reside in a separate branch under the DC Studios umbrella.

Batman's always had pretty big name/well-respected actors play him, but I feel like he'll get someone like aaron johnson lol

The latter was already debunked by Gunn on Twitter. As a few of us have been saying, we're most likely getting a new Batman for the DCU. Reeves' version isn't going anywhere — so, don't worry — but he'll reside in a separate branch under the DC Studios umbrella.

Keep in mind he "debunked" the tweet that said he hated Henry Cavill right before he gave him the boot as Superman.

Keep in mind he "debunked" the tweet that said he hated Henry Cavill right before he gave him the boot as Superman.

Gunn's decision has nothing to do with hate. He explained his reasoning. People get laid off all the time.

Gunn's decision has nothing to do with hate. He explained his reasoning. People get laid off all the time.

I am going to stand by my opinion that we aren't going to have two different Batman's going at the same time while Gunn is rebooting the DC universe (because outside of not wanting to piss off Matt Reeves, that doesn't make any sense).

So either Pattinson's Batman gets folded into it, or he goes away and is replaced by a new Batman.

I am going to stand by my opinion that we aren't going to have two different Batman's going at the same time while Gunn is rebooting the DC universe (because outside of not wanting to piss off Matt Reeves, that doesn't make any sense).

So either Pattinson's Batman gets folded into it, or he goes away and is replaced by a new Batman.

Fair enough.

I'm not worried about overload. I sorta doubt Gunn has solo movies for this Batman in mind anytime soon, but he'd still be there in JL, doing ridiculously comic book things like building a massive space station, giant t-rex and coin in the cave, with multiple Bat family sidekicks, and a Joker who doesn't look like a walking nightmare, etc.

Thinking about actors Gunn's worked with before, Lee Pace comes to mind. I imagine Bruce will be mid-thirties/forties, old enough to have several sidekicks, a way to differentiate with Reeves, which I doubt will go there in his trilogy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"