The Amazing Spider-Man What should the story be???

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
My ideas

-Peter should already be Spider-Man (no origin, or just quick flashbacks, or do like Incredible Hulk)
-Gwen is first love, keep her alive until second or third movie.
-Mary Jane can already be there or be talked about in the first and appear in the sequel.
-Dr.Connors is in the first one and becomes Lizard in part two.
-Captain Stacy gets crushed by debris while watching Lizard and Spidey fight on roof or he could just get hit and thrown into a wall by Lizard's tail.
-Norman becomes Goblin in second or third movie and this is when Gwen dies.
-Peter stays in highschool until the second or third film.
-Introduce Eddie Brock early and have Venom in third or fourth film.
-If the black Spiderman does appear then Eddie Brock should become Venom at the very end of the movie to set him up as the villain for the next movie.

I think the first film should end with Connors becoming the Lizard if they're planning for a trilogy. The second film should be Kraven and Lizard, with Spider-Man trying to stop Kraven from killing the Lizard while also trying to cure Connors of his condition.

Also, I would like if Connors has an interest in Peter's life like in the Raimi films and wasn't just a guy Peter respects but has no relationship with.

Last edited:
I think the lizard should be the threat of this new movie. Not only will it appease the build up of connors' character in the Raimi films but it'll also be a nice way and a big enough villain that is slightly different to the villains we've had before to kickstart a more serious approach on this new spidey series.

Spidey should already be established, same as the Goblin (who is working in the shadows).

The Green Goblin is not a character that requires an origin movie. Have him established, and work on Norman.

Just because it's been done well before doesn't mean we should shy away from it.

I wouldn't mind Ock in the first, Lizard and Kraven in the Second and Goblin in the third...if it's to be a trilogy.

Movie One:
Sophomore Year of High School
- Doctor Octopus is main villain.
- Death of Captain Stacey.
- Gwen is love interest, they're not together, but good friends, and he likes her a lot.
- Gwen blames Spider-man for her father's death, when she should blame Ock.
- Develop Connor's/Parker relationship.
- If you want to do origins, have Ock and Peter get their abilities in the same accident (The Ultimate route).
- Gets job at Bugle, introduce Jonah, Robbie, Betty, Brock, Leeds, Foswell.
- Introduce Harry as best friend, and his father.
- Towards end strongly hint at the Lizard, maybe with the beginning of Connor's experiments.
- After hinting at MJ throughout film, have the last scene be the "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot" scene.

Movie Two:

Junior Year of High School
- Spider-man is wanted by the police for the death of Captain George Stacey.
- Peter and Gwen get closer throughout movie but Peter's guilt for not being able to save her father weighs on him, plus the fact that he is the secretly the person she hates kills him.
- MJ is there, but as a flirtation, maybe dates Harry.
- Connor's becomes the Lizard.
- Kraven comes to New York at first to catch the mysterious Lizard but then turns his attention to catching the now wanted Spider-man.
- Pete must preserve his own freedom, save the Doctor, and defeat Kraven, all while clearing his name.
- Junior Prom, goes with Gwen, asks her to be his girlfriend, she says yes.

Movie Three:
Senior Year of High School
- Green Goblin is main villain.
- Peter and MJ become better friends, and we see that she's a real person.
- Mysterious as to who it is, lots of red-herrings (Harry, Brock, Leeds, Flash)
- Ends with bridge confrontation and the death of Gwen.
- Ends in Midtown high, days before Graduation, a few months after the death of Gwen with a conversation between Peter and Mary-Jane and ends with him quiet and her reaching out, grabbing his hand, just being there for him, a sign that everything will be okay.

-R

I don't want 3 years of Spider-Man in high school. I would much rather the first film be high school and the second be him graduating high school and transitioning into college and the third be him in college. If they do a fourth movie, him graduating college.

1st:
Junior Year and at the end, go into Senior Year.
- I like the first movies to be origin movies. It just makes it a much more cohesive experience. His parents deaths can be flash backs but I want to see him become Spider-Man. I don't want him just out and swinging the first minute of the first movie. No hero's story is complete without an origin.
- Doc Ock is the main villain (there is no high school science teacher with the technology to become the Lizard so no Lizard until college.)
- Of course introduce Norman as him and Harry are buds in high school.
- We meet MJ. She is the hot girl that everyone wants. Peter really likes Gwen but he always notices MJ.
- Captain Stacy is killed by Doc Ock in a Spidey fight. They blame Spidey.
- Gwen becomes Spidey's love at the end of the movie.

2nd
- Peter lives up his senior year, is with Gwen, everything is great...except for his dual identity as Spidey. Everyone hates him, even Gwen.
- He then goes to college, works for the Bugle, is in Dr. Connors class.
- We meet Eddie Brock.
- Norman becomes Green Goblin
- Electro or Scorpion is the secondary villain. Maybe even Mysterio.
- Green Goblin kills Gwen.
- Green Goblin is killed...Harry now hates Spider-Man.
- The movie ends with Connors discovering the formula.

3rd
- Peter is still in college and at the Bugle. Brock becomes a big competitor.
- Lizard is the main villain.
- Kraven comes in to kill Lizard.
- MJ and Peter become a love interest.
- I wouldn't even mind a lesser villain like Vulture.
- Movie ends with Brock becoming Venom. As for the symbiote, I much rather they go scientific instead of spacey with this one.

4th if they do it
- Venom
- Green Goblin 2 (Harry)
- End movie with the return of Doc Ock and the formation of the Sinister 6

That is my dream Spidey series in a nut shell. If they get good actors and have a good enough budget...then I would love for it to end up sort of like that.

i dont know how much i like harry goblin and venom, in the same movie, we all saw how that turned out last time. i think it would be interesting to see venom in a 4th movie, but not with harry goblin

I don't want 3 years of Spider-Man in high school. I would much rather the first film be high school and the second be him graduating high school and transitioning into college and the third be him in college. If they do a fourth movie, him graduating college.

I wouldn't mind the first two in high school, the last in college, but I'm not feeling that trilogy/quartet.

Harry and Venom in the same flick has been done and wouldn't give each character justice (they didn't in Spider-man 3).

And Goblin with either, Scorpion, Mysterio, and or Electro in the same film...would just be bad. Sinister Six wouldn't work on screen. Not in a film where where there has been no introduction of the other members. You can't have Ock in movie one, then in movie four introduce 4-5 NEW villains with no explanation of motivation/back story, especially when they look outlandish like Sandman (how does he turn into sand?), Vulture (where did this old man get the tech to fly?), Rhino (really?), Kraven (why is the Russian obsessed with Africa?), Chameleon (how can this guy mimic anyone?), etc.

There also has to be a slow progression/buildup to Mary Jane. She has to become his love but he has to genuinely love Gwen first. MJ can't be someone he lusts for while he's with Gwen. He can think she's hot, even be a friend of hers, but he can't take her seriously as a person until he sees how much she is hurt by the loss of Gwen.

-R

The Sinister Six should appear in a sixth film and the members should be introduced during the course of the series so they have a reason to band together. They couldn't beat Spider-Man on their own the first time they fought him early into the series so they decide to put aside their egos to defeat the man who defeated them all. They can even make one or two of the members be guys beaten in a film's opening scene if they're a little short.

It would be hard to pull of the Six, but it would be an epic final film.

I think the first film should end with Connors becoming the Lizard if they're planning for a trilogy. The second film should be Kraven and Lizard, with Spider-Man trying to stop Kraven from killing the Lizard while also trying to cure Connors of his condition.

Also, I would like if Connors has an interest in Peter's life like in the Raimi films and wasn't just a guy Peter respects but has no relationship with.

This is my idea as well. I want Electro to be in movie #1. Maybe toward the end of the movie, Electro causes a blackout of New York. Connors could be working while this happens and turns to the Lizard. They could have a gap between both movies by telling people that Dr. Connors/Lizard went to Florida where is wife was at the time.

Maybe at the start of movie #2, it shows Peter in Flordia investigating reports of the Lizard. He then finds out that he's back in New York causing havok. Kraven then makes his appearance.

Last edited:
The Amazing Spiderman Outline
Film 1 origin-Show death of unlce Ben at beginning of movie shown Aunt May and Peter struggling to get by, Peter working for school paper and at university lab for Dr. Kurt Connors.
On a trip to a local hospital students are observing cancer patients receive treatment/ a genetically altered spider in a case of of the students was studying in the school lab had escaped and found its way into the enclosure where an elderly woman is receiving said treatment to help fight the cancer spider makes its way its blasted with the treatment when the woman is receiving it. Peter taking pictures for school paper is in the same room after it has cleared out and said spider bites him.
Cancer patient meets Peter gives him the line “ You must find the good that can come out of all things”.
Cancer patient elderly woman –radioactive spider
Wilson Fisk-major weapons dealer-handicap-Wilson Fisk is an overweight man VERY over weight because of this he is stuck in a wheelchair to get around, he is a underground crime lord however and with his assistant Alistar Smyth deal weapons on the Black Market and have hired hit men and assassins to take care of his dirty work they are the Enforcers. Alistar Smyth has developed a high powered flight sled of sorts a small one man attack sled but have been unable to find a way for a man to pilot the sled at its highest capacity for speed
Alister Smyth-Fisk’s mad robotics scientist
Harry Osborn-Oscorp Chemicals has developed a serum that would enable a man to have abnormal strength but has gruesome side effects Fisk wants this formula to help him walk again and Smythe sees this as the answer to the problem for manning the Glider weapon. Smythe gets formula and is able to take away the side effects for Fisk.
Peter is in high school
Osbourne steals glider weapon from Smyth after his initial transformation into Green Goblin.
Peter changes into Spiderman, to stop terrorist dubbed Green Goblin by the Daily Bugle
Spiderman defeats Green Goblin
Harry blames Spiderman for humiliation and imprisonment of his father
Cliffhanger: Kingpin’s transformation

Film 2
Spiderman recognized as a hero for stopping Goblin.
Kingpin thinks Spiderman wants weapons for his own use, considers him competition
Alistar Smyth seeks alternative energy to power more of his robotic army
Kingpin finances Doc OCk energy experiment Doc Ock needs Smyth’s robotics to develop robotic arms to assist an developing an alternative fuel for sale on black market after Kingpin attempts to cut Doc Ock out Doc Ock takes control of the robotic arms to unleash revenge
Doc Ock transformation
Introduce Chameleon. Kingpin needs him to infiltrate police and get information on any special weapons project and gather police Intel on Spiderman
Smyth’s robots steal US Army cloaking technology
Intro Jean DeWolfe Police Lt. turned Kingpin mistress
Fisk hires Brock Upon the emergence of Spiderman Kingpin hires his own investigative reporter to spread false stories about Spiderman
Spiderman defeats Doc Ock only to learn of the existence of the Kingpin and his weapons dealing
Spiderman defeated by Kingpin and Enforcers
Peter gets job at Bugle to help him and Aunt May keep their home; his is tempted to resort to using his powers to steal but instead decides to sell pictures of Spiderman
Cliffhanger: Harry tricked into injecting himself with Goblin serum by his father who wants him to take revenge on Spider-Man and Kingpin, discovers Goblin Glider and weapons

Film 3
Mary Jane and Peter romance begins
Intro of symbiote a space shuttle manned by JJ Jameson’s son crash lands on the landing strip/ Spiderman arrives to save the survivors before it explodes/ Harry shows up to extract revenge now armed with the goblin glider and fueled with the remaining goblin serum/ Kingpin and Smythe have learned that the shuttle contains a special weapons project and send the Enforcers to steal the weapon
Green Goblin 2 vs Spiderman vs Enforcers
Peter discovers suit has ability to shape shift meaning he no longer has to change clothing, it also gives him unlimited webbing and increases his super powers
Suit taking over
Peter working in lab with Dr. Hardey on cure for Harry
Enforcers attack Oscorp and are defeated by Black suited Spiderman
Spiderslayer intro-Smythe has developed the robotic spiderslayer suit, as Kingpin is now out to destroy Spiderman
Harry confronts Kingpin to settle score for his father and bring down Kingpin before he can take over Oscorp. Kingpin actually lured Harry to him to test the Spiderslayer before engaging spiderman.
Harry is over matched and Killed.
Black suited Spiderman defeats Kingpin
Intro Dr. Hardey-Dr. Hardy develops serum to alter to change Kingpin back to his state before his transformation.
Brock downward spiral starts, as Kingpin has turned his back on him and Spiderman violently attacks Brock because of false stories his spread
Wilson Fisk now handicapped again
Cliffhanger: Chameleon Posing as Capt. Stacy

Film 4
Chameleon uses his influence as Capt. Stacy to frame Spiderman
Public turning against Spidey/ Police turn against Black Spiderman
Flint Marko and Smyth , escape prison & kidnap Dr. Hardy
Spiderman losing control
Peter uses lab to discover weakness in black suit, and that the living organism is actually a symbiote trying to bond with him
Fisk and Smyth force Dr.Hardy to recreate Kingpin formula and Sandman
Spiderman turns violent disregarding the safety of the public Spiderman violently destroys Fisk tower and is responsible for the injuries of many innocent citizens
Kingpin kills Dr. Hardy to prevent him from changing him back to Fisk
Spiderman defeats (Sandman, Chameleon,)
Intro Black Cat/Felicia Hardy she steals Kingpin Formula-Felicia learning of her father’s demise at the hands of the Kingpin Felicia injects herself with Kingpin formula
Smyth saves Chameleon tech becomes new Chameleon
Fisk’s building destroyed / Fisk sent to Prison
Cliffhanger: Spiderman separates from symbiote/Brock change to Venom , Brock kidnaps Mary Jane

Film 5
Spiderman vs. Venom huge Epic battle in Amusement Park Spiderman is defeated
Venom escapes
Intro Kraven the Hunter (Ultimate)-Unknown to the public is that Venom is not Spiderman and Kraven a reality TV show host vows to catch and destroy Spiderman who is actually Venom
Venom kills Kraven
Spiderman and Black Cat defeat Venom-Felcia goes to Spiderman out of her attraction and together they set a trap for Venom.
Smythe disguised with Chameleon tech gets access to government labs
Brock sent to prison
Spiderman semi-retires
Mary Jane and Peter marry
Doc Conners using a sample of the symbiote creates a toxin that grows back his arm/ remaining sample encased in vile in his briefcase appears to be dying from the experiment and turns red like it is bleeding
Cliffhanger: Doc Connors Creates Lizard and (unknowingly) Carnage Vampire Symbiote (ultimate)

Film 6
Crime on rise as Spiderman is still retired
Smythe still in Chameleon uses government lab to create R.H.I.N.O to take spideys place
Rhino armor built to break Kingpin out of maximum security prison
Connors testifies in Court against Cassidy Connors testifies that Cassidy is indeed insane and a melee breaks out in the courtroom during the ruckus Connors briefcase is knocked over and the vile containg the symbiote is picked up by Cassidy / Cassidy finds Carnage sample/ escapes custody
Connors transforms to lizard
Murders in City blamed on Lizard
Black Cat discovers Smyth’s identity
Spiderman and Black cat interferes with RHINO destroying Lizard
defeats Lizard Doc Connors dies from injuries
spiderman VS. Rhino/ armor damaged in defeat
Cliffhanger: Carnage Rules /Carnage kills Black Cat/ Peter goes to Eddie Brock for help

Film 7 Final Film
Spiderman and Venom vs Carnage
Peter gets own Photography company
Spiderman quits
Cliff hanger: Eddie Brock as Venom protector of the innocent takes over/ Mary Jane prego

i dont know how much i like harry goblin and venom, in the same movie, we all saw how that turned out last time. i think it would be interesting to see venom in a 4th movie, but not with harry goblin
Well whatever they do, we will have seen it before in some fashion. I guarantee you that they will do Venom again and they will do Green Goblin 2 again if they go to 4 or 5 movies. I am not a huge fan of Venom so I threw him in the 4th movie to get through my main villains first. He is about the last thing I want to see again.

Trying to be different to seperate yourselves from a wildly successful franchise is not that smart. Sure things need to be different and they can be, but saying we have seen that before is no reason not to do it. By that logic, we saw Venom in teh 3rd film so he shouldn't be in the 3rd film of the new trilogy.

Plus, I don't think this series will go to 6 films to see a Sinister 6 anyways:( That is nearly 2 decades of the same cast. It is very hard to committ 20 years of your life to play the same character if they go one film every 3 years. Every 2 years is still nearly 15 years!

Also...Kingpin is owned by Fox so no Kingpin in Spider-Man unfortunately:(

I've thought about this for a long time. Assuming they wanna go with an origin...

-Norman Osborn is creating his own super-soldier serum, Oz, at OsCorp. One day, while Peter Parker's junior class is visiting on a field trip, Norman sends home all the employers except himelf, Otto Octavius and an electrician, Max Dillon, who's working in the lab on the lighting. Osborn tests the drug on himself but something goes wrong and the gas fills the lab. The ceiling sprinklers come on, elctrocuting Max and Otto. A Spider, injected with the chemical, escapes in the craziness and finds its way to Peter's hand, biting him, just before the building is evacuated.
- Peter lives next door to Mary Jane Watson. He's admired her from afar for years, but she's mainly a mystery to him. When Peter discovers the bite from the spider has given him amazing capibilities, he begins to feel more attracted to his good friend, Gwen Stacy, who's more down to earth. He pursues her throuhout the film.
- Peter becomes an amatuer wrestler with a secret identity, but when the owner of the ring won't pay Peter unless he reveals who he is, Peter takes it out on him by allowing a thug to rob him. The thug later carjacks and kills his Uncle Ben. Out of guilt and a feeling of responsibility, Peter becomes a superhero.
- Otto's metal tentacles he used in the lab were fused to his spine. He uses his new found powers to seek vengeance on Norman Osborn, which brings him into conflict with Spider-Man, who is secretly the best friend of Norman's son. Peter refuses to let Harry lose his father, after just losing his own.
-Ock makes a number of attempts at Osborn's life before recruiting the electrician, Max Dillion, who's gained near uncontrollable electric powers due to the incident at OsCorp.
- Spidey fights them both at Osborn's mansion. He defeats Electro by utilizing the swimming pool. Ock flees. Spidey chases him to the top of a large skyscraper. Peter defeats Ock by trapping his arms between the hands of a giant clock and knocking him out, but not before some debris comes loose and kills Gwen's police captain father, George.
- The film ends a week later, with Gwen coming to Peter's home to tell him losing her father has taught her not to wait to let people know you love them. They kiss. Roll credits.

Now, this probably means I have WAY too much time on my hands, but I gave considerable thought to what a Spider-Man reboot should be like way before one was even announced. I have detailed ideas for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th film as well. If anyone cares, maybe I'll post 'em.

I've thought about this for a long time. Assuming they wanna go with an origin...

-Norman Osborn is creating his own super-soldier serum, Oz, at OsCorp. One day, while Peter Parker's junior class is visiting on a field trip, Norman sends home all the employers except himelf, Otto Octavius and an electrician, Max Dillon, who's working in the lab on the lighting. Osborn tests the drug on himself but something goes wrong and the gas fills the lab. The ceiling sprinklers come on, elctrocuting Max and Otto. A Spider, injected with the chemical, escapes in the craziness and finds its way to Peter's hand, biting him, just before the building is evacuated.
- Peter lives next door to Mary Jane Watson. He's admired her from afar for years, but she's mainly a mystery to him. When Peter discovers the bite from the spider has given him amazing capibilities, he begins to feel more attracted to his good friend, Gwen Stacy, who's more down to earth. He pursues her throuhout the film.
- Peter becomes an amatuer wrestler with a secret identity, but when the owner of the ring won't pay Peter unless he reveals who he is, Peter takes it out on him by allowing a thug to rob him. The thug later carjacks and kills his Uncle Ben. Out of guilt and a feeling of responsibility, Peter becomes a superhero.
- Otto's metal tentacles he used in the lab were fused to his spine. He uses his new found powers to seek vengeance on Norman Osborn, which brings him into conflict with Spider-Man, who is secretly the best friend of Norman's son. Peter refuses to let Harry lose his father, after just losing his own.
-Ock makes a number of attempts at Osborn's life before recruiting the electrician, Max Dillion, who's gained near uncontrollable electric powers due to the incident at OsCorp.
- Spidey fights them both at Osborn's mansion. He defeats Electro by utilizing the swimming pool. Ock flees. Spidey chases him to the top of a large skyscraper. Peter defeats Ock by trapping his arms between the hands of a giant clock and knocking him out, but not before some debris comes loose and kills Gwen's police captain father, George.
- The film ends a week later, with Gwen coming to Peter's home to tell him losing her father has taught her not to wait to let people know you love them. They kiss. Roll credits.

Now, this probably means I have WAY too much time on my hands, but I gave considerable thought to what a Spider-Man reboot should be like way before one was even announced. I have detailed ideas for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th film as well. If anyone cares, maybe I'll post 'em.

If they went with an origin flick-- this would be a pretty cool scenario.

-R

I say have Captain Stacy around for at least one movie to develop him, and THEN kill him off. Both of the Stacys had closer relationships to Peter than just dying.

And maybe they should cut out the MJ/Harry relationship entirely and just have Liz Allen be his love interest.

Brock, well why not just combine the various Brocks and have him be a High School senior (and big jerk/bully) who Peter finds out is a competitor for taking photos when he goes to work at the Bugle?

-Short Origin Story
-Lizard the Main Villian
-Introduce Brock, Otto Oct, Jameson, etc...
-Set up for next film

I say have Captain Stacy around for at least one movie to develop him, and THEN kill him off. Both of the Stacys had closer relationships to Peter than just dying.

And maybe they should cut out the MJ/Harry relationship entirely and just have Liz Allen be his love interest.

Brock, well why not just combine the various Brocks and have him be a High School senior (and big jerk/bully) who Peter finds out is a competitor for taking photos when he goes to work at the Bugle?
Do you mean just have Harry date Liz or cut out Harry's and MJ's relationship with Peter entirely from the movie?

I mean just skip the "Harry and MJ go out" thing entirely and have Liz be his love interest the whole time.

Not sure I like a high school eddie brock. I'd rather see an older brock.

Here's my story idea from the villains thread.

Connors could serve as Peter's father figure in a way, something while (if they don't do an origin) Uncle Ben has been gone and Peter is trying to reconcile with it all. He has flashbacks of his life with Uncle Ben and how much he meant to him. Where Connors is his mentor and father figure.

Connors tragic turn into the Lizard has the potential to show many things and set up things for the course of Peter's life for the franchise. Friends and people close to you can become your enemies and struggling to overcome that, making sarcrifces, something Spider-Man has always been about.

I would make Peter not fully formed yet. He's just become Spider-Man and just because he has powers doesn't mean he will always do the right thing. He can act brash and be over confident (but not too much that shows through his personality) He needs something like that to make him realize what the consequences are at having these powers.

I love Spectacular Spider-Man's Mary Jane, and the rest, that's how

A lot of what Spectacular does, wouldn't work in a movie series. The difference between TV storytelling and movies is too great.

Pete's been doing the Spidey gig for about a year now, & he's still trying to balance school, home & webslinging. Introduce the villain(s)-Electro or maybe Vulture-and let him learn from his encounters with them. His love life takes a serious back seat this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"