Which DC Universe Animated Movie is YOUR Favorite?

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
Tell us which was your favorite from the DC Universe Animated Movie franchise so far...

Listed in Order of Release:
Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: New Frontier
Batman: Gotham Knight
Wonder Woman

Last edited:
New Frontier.

I've enjoyed all of them that I've seen (havent seen WW), but New Frontier was just perfect on every level. Exactly what I expect from DC animation. I liked Doomsday, but it was incredibly flawed. The design for Superman was awful. And, even though it was repeatedly referenced as an adaptation of The Death of Superman, it was really nothing like that story. And Gotham Knight was good, but could've been a helluva lot better. The animation and voice acting was fantastic, but the story could've bridged the gap between BB and TDK much better.

Justice League: The New Frontier
WW

After watching all four movies back to back with friends, definitely...
Wonder Woman is #1
Justice League: The New Frontier is #2
Batman: Gotham Knight #3 (mostly because of 'Deadshot' and 'In Darkness Dwells'
Superman: Doomsday is #4

Wonder Woman
New Frontier

New Frontier
WW
S/D
GK

Wondie without a doubt. Just disliked the fact that they did not explain the invisible technology and the fact that she could not fly.

She didn't have any powers that the other Amazon's didn't. Then again, if they showed her with powers, the contest would lack intrigue, as how could they compete with a godly powered Diana?

Last edited:
Wonder Woman easily.

I'd say New Frontier but it was too condensed and edited to be as fully appreciated as the graphic novel.

WW had more balls and violence than either of her male counterparts' films did thus far. :word:

I really thought Superman: Doomsday would have fit into the Timm-verse.

Wonder Woman easily.

I'd say New Frontier but it was too condensed and edited to be as fully appreciated as the graphic novel.

WW had more balls and violence than either of her male counterparts' films did thus far. :word:

I never read the NF gn so maybe that's why i rank it #1.

I never read the NF gn so maybe that's why i rank it #1.
New Frontier is a great read that didn't have its awesomeness conveyed deservedly so in the animated adaptation. That film was great but so much was missing from it to make it perfect.
WW stood on her own as a story and character -fleshing and I did not expect it to be so kickass but it is.

It is, but I'm a HUGE WW fan, so i have some issues with that dvd as well. I might pick up the NF trade today.

I haven't had the chance to see "Wonder Woman" yet, so my choice would be "New Frontier."

I haven't had the chance to see "Wonder Woman" yet, so my choice would be "New Frontier."
You just might change your mind after you do; IMO, clearly the best of the DCAU vehicles thus far.
Only Green Lantern: First Flight has a chance to change my mind now...

Wonder Woman is the best of the four released to date. I have high hopes for Green Lantern: First Flight, too.

Yeah I've heard good things about "WW" and I was very impressed with the cast when I saw the preview featurette...

Wait, wasn't a Teen Titans movie supposed to be coming up? 'The Judas Contract' or something...:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"