Which DC Universe Animated Movie is YOUR Favorite?

Wait, wasn't a Teen Titans movie supposed to be coming up? 'The Judas Contract' or something...:huh:
That's on indefinite hold since it scored poorly in Warners/DC market research. The next release, after Green Lantern: First Flight, is going to be Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

New Frontier (so far), altho the book was 10 times better, I really liked the movie. :D

If Timm is producing this, I really hope that Conroy reprises his role as the voice of Batman and Tim Daly as Superman. I like George Newbern as Supes but for nostalgia's sake, Daly would be the way to go. :word:

I haven't seen the WW one yet, but from the one's I have seen "Justice League: The New Frontier" is easily my favorite.

If Timm is producing this, I really hope that Conroy reprises his role as the voice of Batman and Tim Daly as Superman. I like George Newbern as Supes but for nostalgia's sake, Daly would be the way to go. :word:
Agreed

You know Conroy will be back for a Final Superman/Batman Team up.

I'll be picking up the WW dvd shortly. But so far that i've seen, it'll go to the New Frontier, it just nailed everything it should've. Hal Jordan was awesome in it.

Wonder Woman, easily. It wasn't a retread made due to commercial pressure (Superman: Doomsday), an attempt to adapt a long and complex ensemble comic (New Frontier), or a scattered anthology with inconsistent art and writing (Gotham Knight). Just talented writers and artists working together to make a great movie.

The setpiece action scenes were terrific. The writing was clever and often surprising. The characters seemed real and human, and even the relationship between supporting characters such as Artemis and Alexa was portrayed in a touching way.

The WB take notes. THIS is how you can make Wonder Woman look cool on the big screen.

Wonder Woman, easily. It wasn't a retread made due to commercial pressure (Superman: Doomsday), an attempt to adapt a long and complex ensemble comic (New Frontier), or a scattered anthology with inconsistent art and writing (Gotham Knight). Just talented writers and artists working together to make a great movie.

The setpiece action scenes were terrific. The writing was clever and often surprising. The characters seemed real and human, and even the relationship between supporting characters such as Artemis and Alexa was portrayed in a touching way.

The WB take notes. THIS is how you can make Wonder Woman look cool on the big screen.
Funny thing for me is, WW on JLU never really struck me as an interesting character at all when it was just her in the spolight but in this dtv venture, I have to hand it to Timm & Co.. This movie stands above the rest.:word:

Neither the dvd, or JLU got her completely right yet.

Neither the dvd, or JLU got her completely right yet.

I don't think any medium for storytelling will ever get her origin perfect, with the exception of the source material..the comic book!!

This however is a really great re-telling. Bruce and company did not intend for this to be an exact copy of her origin story (Marston's 1941 or Perez's 1987 re-boot). I find this movie yet another re-boot and a great way to introduce non-Wonder Woman fans to her universe.

In terms of her characterization, it's a really good start but in no way a complete picture of who Wonder Woman is. This 74 minute film should not be compared to her entire 68 year history in comics. She is a highly complex character and would need several films to truly encapsulate her many facets.

Nonetheless, this is my FAVORITE DC animated movie thus far!! Waiting patiently for Green Lantern: First Flight and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies! I wonder what will come after that?

JL New Frontier, no comparison. Oh how I hope they make Kingdom Come and then Golden Age as a prequel to New Frontier.

Many DC fans were waiting to see Green Lantern: First Flight before making on decision on which animated film (thus far) was there favorite.

Well, it's out...For those of you who didn't vote yet, what do you guys think of it compared to the others?

I liked First Flight, but I think I still prefer New Frontier and Wonder Woman over it. I didn't care much for Superman: Doomsday, and I absolutely hated Gotham Knight, so I guess I'd rank First Flight third on the list above. I just think New Frontier and Wonder Woman were better organized films, and First Flight seemed very chaotic at times. Though, I think the voice casting in First Flight was one of, if not the best of all the DC Animated films.

As for the poll above, my choice is Mask of the Phantasm, if that counts.

Last edited:
I bought GL: FF and it was good...just not Wonder Woman good. I still can't put my finger on why it didn't trump WW for me; perhaps after a couple more viewings, I'll figure it out. The film had a great villian but it was missing that "punch" I guess.

I still rank WW as the no.1 DTV out there with GL:FF running neck and neck with New Frontier for second.

Wonder Woman by far for me. It did a great job and the humor was at perfect times and was perfectly executed. If I had to rank them so far..

1. Wonder Woman
2. Green Lantern: First Flight
3. Justice League: The New Frontier
4. Batman: Gotham Knight
5. Superman: Doomsday

I chose JL:the new frontier, because ultimately the only thing more fun for me than watching a cartoon with any of these charcters is watching a cartoon with all of them. That, and I really enjoyed the slight political overtones in the story.

Interesting that Superman Doomsday, the top seller so far (granted it's been available the longest) doesn't have a vote yet...I think the high sales for that one just shows how desperate the world is to see a modern Superman movie where he actually gets a decent fight scene.

Note:My pick was chosen having viewed all the films released before July 2009. I haven't seen GL first flight yet due to financial reasons (not lack of interest). Also I have high hopes that in three months Superman/Batman public enemies will make me want to change my vote.

Last edited:
The poll shoud be wiped once Batman/Supes comes out since there aren't anymore movies scheduled any time soon.

1. Green Lantern
2. Wonder Woman
3. New Frontier
4. Doomsday
5. Gotham Knight

I have a feeling that Public Enemies is gonna top tham all.

I agree with your list Jake, and as much I love GL:FF I do believe like you Jake that Public Enemies will top all of them.

Wonder Woman!
th_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"