• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Way Home "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" - Tobey Maguire Returns As RaimiVerse Spider-Man

After 19 years it still holds up and boy does Spidey take a brutal beating, yet he keeps going not just to save MJ. But to save that entire train of people because it’s his responsibility.

One of the greatest scenes in the history of cimena, imo.... From the beginning at the top of the clock tower, to the kids giving him his mask back and the passengers telling him "It's ok." The whole thing... just un-freakin-believable

It's good that it's a spider-verse movie because the music from the two previous movies was very poor.
Both Elfman and Zimmer have created many great themes.

I love this one from TASM2. Pure horror.

I honestly think the TASM2 soundtrack -- all of it -- is one of the greatest film score soundtracks ever made . . And I'm not joking. lol

This is coming from someone who's had a film score obsession since they were like 4yrs old, is a musician/music lover, and watched and appreciated a countless number of movies, including every best picture winner

But the TASM2 OST from Zimmer and his Mag. 6 was next level incredible imo. Loveee every thing about it

-- I also really loved James Horner's work on TASM1. Was so mad when I heard it wasn't going to be used for the 2nd, but leave it up to HZ to somehow assuage and erase those indignations ha. Idk how he does it

Guessing who sent them to Spider-Fan wanted to pass them off as real, as opposed to the legit Tobey and Andrew set pics.

-- I also really loved James Horner's work on TASM1. Was so mad when I heard it wasn't going to be used for the 2nd, but leave it up to HZ to somehow assuage and erase those indignations ha. Idk how he does it

Horner didn't return for TASM2 because the movie was "just dreadful."

After 19 years it still holds up and boy does Spidey take a brutal beating, yet he keeps going not just to save MJ. But to save that entire train of people because it’s his responsibility.

I wish this was available in 4K!

Not a single marvel fight scene has come close to this epicness in my opinion. The tension, and edge of your seat action up until the train finally stops, and then the emotional elfman theme kicking in as Peter is carried across the train is just unmatched.

Last edited:
Not a single marvel fight scene has come close to this epicness in my opinion. The tension, and edger of your seat action up until the train finally stops, and then the emotional elfman theme kicking in as Peter is carried across the train is just unmatched.

Maybe there will be in Dr Strange 2 since Raimi is directing.

Not a single marvel fight scene has come close to this epicness in my opinion. The tension, and edge of your seat action up until the train finally stops, and then the emotional elfman theme kicking in as Peter is carried across the train is just unmatched.
Cap vs the Winter Soldier does it for me in terms of tension, and again in Endgame with Thanos vs Thor Iron Man and Cap

Hmm I would put Dr strange vs Thanos up there and WS vs Steve in the streets. Cap vs Thanos in Endgame gave me goosebumps.

Those are good ones too. but for me the train takes the cake haha.

also I still think the abandoned building fight between Spidey and Goblin in S-M1 is super underrated.
oh yo, now THAT scene. I've been going down the wormhole of Spider-Man videos on YouTube, and there was one that was going over this, and how brutal it was. Now that's one thing I will say, a lot of comic book movies don't have fight scenes that are as raw and brutal as that one.

we gotta have something like that again in NwH. it's time to kill the light hearted tone of these Spidey films.

it's time to kill the light hearted tone of these Spidey films.
Well... I feel that's a very hyperbolic suggestion. Lightheartedness has always been a part of Spider-Man, you can't just snuff that piece of his DNA out. You need to have that balance with the light and dark stuff.

Having to deal with consequences from his own actions though? That I agree with.

Well... I feel that's a very hyperbolic suggestion. Lightheartedness has always been a part of Spider-Man, you can't just snuff that piece of his DNA out. You need to have that balance with the light and dark stuff.

Having to deal with consequences from his own actions though? That I agree with.
okay I went a bit too hyperbolic there, but I was just getting in my feelings about that fight scene. that was a brutal scene and there was nothing lighthearted about it. I meant to say I want to see something like that within NwH, not necessarily that the whole film's tone should shift

So when do we get a HQ leak of Tobey on set, a la Garfield, Fox and Dafoe?

Def October but maybe Marvel will drop the ball in November. As again this is the most hyped film in their current playlist along with Love & Thunder and MoM

Apparently Spider-Fan hinted in a now-deleted Instagram message that Tobey pics are coming soon. Here's hoping that's the case. The Internet will cry of joy.
Yup, I'm gonna be in tears. Apparently it might be tomorrow.

Feeling mixed about it. Ultimately would prefer to see it how it was intended but I know I'm going to look anyway and probably cry all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"