No Way Home "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" - Tobey Maguire Returns As RaimiVerse Spider-Man

So what's the likelihood of Maguire Spidey getting his mask and costume damaged or him taking off his mask for the final battle?
The same as Tom and Andrew having their masks ripped off... around 99% :hehe:

So what's the likelihood of Maguire Spidey getting his mask and costume damaged or him taking off his mask for the final battle?

If it was a Raimi film, 95% likelihood. Since it’s an MCU film, odds are much slimmer.

Remember guys, Maguire has a verified Twitter account:

E9icBgWVgAMn-fD

Though it probably won’t happen, I wouldn’t be surprised if he posts for the very first time in several years to post the second No Way Home trailer which he most likely will be in.
That he hasn't used since promoting The Great Gatsby in 2013, so unless he logs back in and lets everyone know he's back in a tweet following the second trailer, best to keep expectations low on him posting anything anytime soon.

That he hasn't used since promoting The Great Gatsby in 2013, so unless he logs back in and lets everyone know he's back in a tweet following the second trailer, best to keep expectations low on him posting anything anytime soon.
I think Sony/Disney want him and told him to completely stay off the grid about all of this. If there is even a hint of him, that would arguably be the biggest spoiler in the movie. With Molina, Garfield, Foxx, etc. the other legacy characters (some of which are confirmed), they have been doing promos for their other upcoming projects and of course the question of Spidey came up in which they had to be evasive.

Tobey on the other hand, I guess he doesn't have much other projects in the works which makes it easier for Sony/Disney and him to keep it all silent.

My prediction is that Garfield will have more screentime than Maguire, given that he's probably less expensive and more eager to return to the role, whereas Maguire was/is semi-retired from acting and probably only agreed to do it if Raimi had some involvement. Plus Maguire's return is the single most hyped element of this film, so saving him for a little later would make sense.

I predict the opposite. Maguire is the V.I.P. in this trio. The audience is waaaaaaay more hyped to see him back than Garfield so they won't be skimping on using him. If they could afford to get him back then they'll use him to the max.

People don't want to settle for rice pudding when they can have Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.

I predict the opposite. Maguire is the V.I.P. in this trio. The audience is waaaaaaay more hyped to see him back than Garfield so they won't be skimping on using him. If they could afford to get him back then they'll use him to the max.

People don't want to settle for rice pudding when they can have Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.

True. I'm just saying that Maguire has a history of playing hardball with studios regarding pay. The reason he was almost out of SM2 wasn't because of his back, it was because he demanded more money to come back than they were willing to give, hence having Jake Gyllenhaal on retainer to replace him. That's probably what brought him back to his senses. That said, he's probably mellowed out a bit by now, and maybe he has a ton of screentime.

Garfield and Maguire will probably get about equal screen time.

I'm so perplexed by people who want them to show Andrew in the second trailer, but save Tobey for the movie.

It's like what? You either show both of them in the marketing or not at all.

Agreed. make no mistake, he is the main draw of this movie, hence why the most iconic villain of that trilogy was the stinger for the ending of the trailer. He absolutely needs to be in the next trailer, fi you ask me. Way more than Andrew does.

To be fair...

Given the numbers the trailer is drawing, I think people know what (and who) to expect in the film.

Unpopular opinion but I think they should hold off revealing the other Spider-Men in the trailers. I think the Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailers are a good model...give enough to let people know the OG cast is in it without blowing whole thing. Showing Ock is pretty big in and of itself.

You're still going to have annoying folks saying "just because the villains are back doesn't mean the Spider-Men are coming back, remember Wandavision and stop setting yourselves up for disappointment" until the movie comes out though.

Even having them just in the stinger in the second trailer alone would be enough. Confirms they're in the movie, but doesn't spoil anything else about their appearances.

I can understand if they wish to stagger the reveal for both iterations of Spider-man by having Garfield in the 2nd and Maguire in the 3rd if that's representative of what acts in the movie they debut. Ideally you don't wish to reveal all the best moments in the trailers and there's more risk of that if a character you want to tease debuts late in the movie.

Ehhhhhhh, still seems like a confusing and pointless strategy to me. If they show one, people are going to automatically start wondering if the other is in or not. Might as well keep them hidden until the movie's release if both of them aren't featured in the second trailer rather than going that route.

I heard Garfield appears in the second act and Maguire appears in the third act.

You're still going to have annoying folks saying "just because the villains are back doesn't mean the Spider-Men are coming back, remember Wandavision and stop setting yourselves up for disappointment" until the movie comes out though.

Even having them just in the stinger in the second trailer alone would be enough. Confirms they're in the movie, but doesn't spoil anything else about their appearances.

Also the fact is that bringing back the Raimi and Webb villains would really make no sense without their respective Spider-Men returning alongside them. Plus it was a part of that leak that is lining up very well with what we've seen so far.

Last edited:
I re-watched Spider-Man 2 last night. Some things just jumped out at me more so than usual after having recently watched Holland's movies. For example the glorious train sequence. From the moment he confronts Doc Ock on the clock tower to stopping the speeding train......I am sitting there thinking there's no enhanced suit, no A.I. walking Peter through anything during this, no high tech glasses, no Nick Fury, no Iron Man, no help at all. Just grit, heart, will, and his own strength to take on Ock and save the train passengers.

I love Tom Holland’s Spider Man but I hope he gets here someday. Another thing when you are watching the Raimi movies, Peter never ever loses sight of why he's doing what he does. Uncle Ben's influence is always there. Those movies never let you forget the impact his death had on Peter. TASM movies completely lost sight of it with the whole boring sub plot of Peter's parents. As for Holland its vaguely hinted but never properly referenced in his movies.

I'm not trying to start a whole who's Spider-Man is better debate. It just hits home when watching Raimi's movies how many of the right notes he hit, especially when you have the later versions to compare to.

I hope they find a way to incorporate Danny Elfman’s epic theme from Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"