Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news to my ears. Hopefully they both keep getting delayed into oblivion.

This is good news to my ears. Hopefully they both keep getting delayed into oblivion.

giphy.gif

wasnt expecting that comment from you lol.
poor young X-Men :(

Whelp, I've tried to stay positive, but this ain't good. This ain't good at all. Damn. I really do like having more than just the one size fits all style of the MCU, but when the competitors always seem to be two steps forward, one step back, it is hard to continue making that fight.

At least Deadpool 2 should be good, right?

Yes, there is real damage when a movie gets pushed back and its public perception, its not a good look and creates bad word of mouth in the online community. Studios know this. So I highly doubt Fox execs are perfectly happy with this move, not only for Xmen but new mutants too. This will have a bad impact on both movies, lets not fool ourself.

Its bad PR. It really shows how Fox is behind in these things. Seriously both films were done in principal photography and they moved for a later date. And for the New Mutants, delayed twice??? That's really bad! And since when they delayed a X-Men team film especially a film that was supposed to be done in principal photography and they already had more time in post prod compare to the likes of X3/First Class? This franchise is ending in a more sour note and they have no one to blame but their incompetence. These delays only magnify people's bad perception about the current state of the series. Also, Gambit, X-23, Multiple Man, Kitty Pryde, Deadpool 3, X-Force, Doom, Silver Surfer, Exiles are in the works.... Good luck to them if they could release half of those in the neXt five years.

He's not even a X-Man. Didn't Fox just buy the rights from Lionsgate?

Although it is only 3 months, it is a bucket of cold water in many people
Anyway, I hope that if it's to be a canceled project or just a normal date change, that they come to the public soon and say quickly, I do not think it's legal to keep people in an eternal state of "waiting" without knowing what is really going to happen , it ends up becoming a lack of respect with fans and admirers.

Last edited:
Anyway, I hope that if it's to be a canceled project or just a normal date change, that they come to the public soon and say quickly, I do not think it's legal to keep people in an eternal state of "waiting", it ends up becoming a lack of respect with fans and admirers.

And this is why people would continue to lose confidence with Fox. I'm glad I stopped fully supporting them after Apocalypse. They always find ways to screw things up.

"Could it simply be Fox think Feb would be a good move for box office results since Logan and Deadpool 1 were both released then in recent years?"

You'd think so. Instead it means that Kinberg's a hack, it means that Fox doesn't know what they're doing, it means unconfirmed reshoots, it means losing faith in a film that we barely know anything about, it means speculating about the how the MCU will treat this property better, it means rejoicing at the thought that this film may never come out. It basically means everything except what you've already said.

Thing is if you say you're going to release it in November, you better commit to it. Principal photography wrapped up almost a year away from November 2018 and they have plenty of time for post prod. In my opinion, they have a crap product in their hands. And if they thought February is a good month, they could have realized that in 2016 when Deadpool became successful at the box office. Right now, I think its to salvage the film as it won't get slaughtered in February compare to November. But February would still have the Lego Movie and Silver & Black.

Last edited:
Unfortunately fox has become master at creating negative marketing over the x-men franchise
not to understand, as apocalypse was released normally even with so many errors being seen, and DP being delayed with many people speaking well, there is something very wrong about it all
I as a fan of x-men I will keep on waiting, but logic my animation with the film went down a step.
It's impossible to stay positive in something that I do not know if it's really going to be seen

yeah, because February is the only month X-Men can make money.
its not like Wonder Woman and Thor were huge hits in November or something :funny:

They'll probably just keep pushing them back until the deal is done. Then Disney will be like, lol no and reboot.

There's no competition in September 2018. In my opinion, just save your coins Fox. You have crappy products and it would be rebooted anyway once Disney gets the rights neXt year. No need to drag this in 2019. Just get it over with this year!

9 Thor: Ragnarok BV $854.0
10 Wonder Woman WB $821.8

Fox would be on cloud number 9 if Dark phoenix made those numbers :funny:

uff, I'm depressed seeing all this joy and schadenfreude here...

They backed themselves into a corner having the series focus solely on Wolverine. There's little interest (outside of comic book readers) in anyone else in this main series
And its because the Movie Fan Generation have never had a reason to. They know Magneto and Professor X are respective leaders of different sides of a coin and other than that nothing much.

Storm has a hair fetish and zaps some lightning, Cyclops mopes around declaring his love for Jean, Jean has voices in her head and sometimes bursts into flames and Beast has been around since the 60s and doesn't do much of note.

Whereas Logan we know his history (albeit ridiculous), how he became an X-Man, meeting the guy who created his skeleton, him jumping into the past to change the future, his ultimate death. The others could only dream of such screentime. That's why First Class wasn't huge at the box, why Apocalypse is considered a flop (despite making half a billion) & why DOFP should've been the end of the main series.

its not joy, its the only mechanism I have left to not feel frustrated or depressed close to suicide with this franchise :funny:

Anyway, I hope that if it's to be a canceled project or just a normal date change, that they come to the public soon and say quickly, I do not think it's legal to keep people in an eternal state of "waiting" without knowing what is really going to happen , it ends up becoming a lack of respect with fans and admirers.

Why would it not be legal? You're not paying FOX anything to follow the film. The X-Men film rights are their property. They can do with it what they please. Nothing illegal about it.

Dude, seriously. I'm confused if this board is even for the people who want to see the movie, or if it's for the people that seek out boards for films that they claim to have no interest in. Very odd.

They backed themselves into a corner having the series focus solely on Wolverine. There's little interest (outside of comic book readers) in anyone else in this main series
And its because the Movie Fan Generation have never had a reason to. They know Magneto and Professor X are respective leaders of different sides of a coin and other than that nothing much.

Storm has a hair fetish and zaps some lightning, Cyclops mopes around declaring his love for Jean, Jean has voices in her head and sometimes bursts into flames and Beast has been around since the 60s and doesn't do much of note.

Whereas Logan we know his history (albeit ridiculous), how he became an X-Man, meeting the guy who created his skeleton, him jumping into the past to change the future, his ultimate death. The others could only dream of such screentime. That's why First Class wasn't huge at the box, why Apocalypse is considered a flop (despite making half a billion) & why DOFP should've been the end of the main series.

giphy.gif

well said. Fox is the only one responsible for this lack of interest in the main movies. They never put the X-men where they deserved. they started well with X1-X2, but it all went down after that (with some positives in the middle, but it was and never was going to be enough)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"