Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack or promotion worries me.. a movie like this should be marketed at least a year in advance. You have to create hype waaay early!

Not always. sometimes if you catch people off guard you may get a much greater burst of hype.

Look at Logan for example not may cared or knew about that movie until the first teaser came out and then people started taking notice.

big difference is that general audience seems more interested in Hugh Jackman/Patrick Stewart than in another Charles, Magneto, Mystique & friends movie.

No it is all about execution. If Logan was mediocre no one would care either. If DP comes out with a great trailer it will be better recieved and people will care.

Execution certainly helps. Look at the difference in audience reaction to the first trailer for The Wolverine compared to the first trailer for Logan. Big difference.

Speaking of "First Looks" the crowd also loved the first teaser for X-men Origins: Wolverine when it debuted at San Diego. To the tune of $85Mil opening weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xxz997ceI

It's now one of the the most derided movies in the genre.
Goes to show you teasers, promos, first looks and opening weekend numbers don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Kinberg and crew can (and I very much expect them to) come out with a good trailer by loading it up with fan faves--phoenix raptor! "caw" sound! aliens! space! costumes! better-looking sf/x!--considering this has had some of the longest post production schedule. There really is no excuse.

Last edited:
I'm sure Dark PhoeniX would get cheers as well :o.

In terms of trailers, X3's trailers, X2's names trailers and X4's 2nd trailer are among the best from the franchise.

Speaking of "First Looks" the crowd also loved the first teaser for X-men Origins: Wolverine when it debuted at San Diego. To the tune of $85Mil opening weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xxz997ceI

It's now one of the the most derided movies in the genre.
Goes to show you teasers, promos, first looks and opening weekend numbers don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Kinberg can (and I very much expect him to) come out with a great trailer by loading it up with fan faves--phoenix raptor! "caw" sound! aliens! space! costumes! better-looking sf/x!--considering this has had some of the longest post production schedule. There really is no excuse.

I understand what you’re saying but surely we should give each thing a chance when we first see it. X3 looked fantastic in the trailers but it was a bad film, same with origins. Dofp and first class were both good and had decent trailers.

I get your hesitation with Kinberg, I have it too. But if a trailer looks good I’m gonna take it that way than still think it’s bad. I may not change your mind but tryyyyyy and see the good side! :oldrazz:

I understand what you’re saying but surely we should give each thing a chance when we first see it. X3 looked fantastic in the trailers but it was a bad film, same with origins. Dofp and first class were both good and had decent trailers.

I get your hesitation with Kinberg, I have it too. But if a trailer looks good I’m gonna take it that way than still think it’s bad. I may not change your mind but tryyyyyy and see the good side! :oldrazz:

I am anticipating the trailer. And seeing the Phoenix on screen. :yay:

Well that's obvious.

You of all people should know just because something is obvious doesn't mean it doesn't need to be said. Most of your post is correcting people who you think are wrong, for things you think are already obvious. :cwink::oldrazz:

Last edited:
Well I for one am still holding out hope for a good film. If it isn't good I'll be the first to admit it.

And by all accounts its better than people thought it would be going by the cineurope reaction :yay:

Last edited:
I am anticipating the trailer. And seeing the Phoenix on screen. :yay:

That should be a given since we already saw the Phoenix visuals in the previous films. I just wonder how the Dark PhoeniX would differ from X3's visual.

she will probably turn black or something smart and grounded from Kinberg.

I mean they've literally released this...

iB5G3B6.jpg

X2 and even Sophie’s turn in Apocalypse looked better, IMO. But that’s just a photoshopped magazine spread submitted by the production to EW, so we’ll see if she’ll look exactly like that (or any better) in the actual movie.

And by all accounts its better than people thought it would be going by the cineurope reaction :yay:

The person (singular) who described it as “better than expected” apparently thought The New Mutants teaser was a Dark Phoenix teaser. So when he said better than expected, he meant better than New Mutants (a teaser he apparently didn’t enjoy).

Here’s the quote:

"The fantastic action thriller Dark Phoenix looks better than expected. At the presentation, this new trailer was shown, getting rid of the excessive gloom of the teaser and clearly positioning the project as a direct continuation of the X-Men."

That said, I also think Dark Phoenix trailer/teaser will be better than expected (considering the little buzz around DP online right now isn’t any better).

But it’s important to state facts and correct the record when it comes to the “better than expected” quote from cineEurope.

Last edited:
Cute that Munn fought for the comic accurate costume, though as it was a horseman uniform it probably shouldn't have been the usual outfit haha.

Also she estimates we only saw 25% of the action she shot for Apocalypse. What happened with that 3rd act?

I truly hope that's not how she actually takes out a comic book from the board+bag and was just just trying to be comedic as part of her explor[ing] ASMR. I really do think she was being comedic but I was cringing while she was handling that comic book. LOL

I truly hope that's not how she actually takes out a comic book from the board+bag and was just just trying to be comedic as part of her explor[ing] ASMR. I really do think she was being comedic but I was cringing while she was handling that comic book. LOL

well pretty sure at least it's not an expensive comic... at least

So she's in the movie. Guess the reddit spoiler is wrong then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"