Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

I agree Fox should have got the OG cast back 1 more time after DOFP overperformed.
But Simon Kinberg always wanted his young X-Men vision. And that James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender have always been First Class for him since day 1...

Wow kind of surprised they made these definitely going to try and pick up the wolverine figures

Wow kind of surprised they made these definitely going to try and pick up the wolverine figures

it makes sense. Now that the xmen are a marvel property and not with fox they are going to put out merch from the films.

I'm hoping they do a 2-pack per film. The Wolverine & Mystique one looks like it's for X-men (thank goddess it's Rebecca Mystique, not JLaw), and the Professor X & Magneto is obviously for DOFP.

They need to do a 2-pack for X2, with Nightcrawler. And I'd personally pair him with Storm as their storylines went along nicely. X2 also happened to be Storm's best look.

I'd buy a 3-pack with Famke's Jean, James' Cyclops and Halle's Storm from either X-men or X2.

I don't know who I'd do for TLS. They can do Psylocke & Archangel for Apocalypse.

Last edited:
They couldn't do JLaw Mystique version if they wanted. I remember the drama when they tried to make a figure based on her for DOFP she refused to allow them to use her likeness. Rebecca doesn't mind any additional residuals she can accumulate.

They couldn't do JLaw Mystique version if they wanted. I remember the drama when they tried to make a figure based on her for DOFP she refused to allow them to use her likeness. Rebecca doesn't mind any additional residuals she can accumulate.
Blessing in disguise if I ever saw one. JLaw's Mystique look is inferior Romijn's.
Apocalypse figure would be pretty neat I’d also would like a Deadpool colossus
I hope you're kidding. Even the people who didn't have a problem with that movie, hated the look of Isaac's Apocalypse.

I'm hoping they do a 2-pack per film. The Wolverine & Mystique one looks like it's for X-men (thank goddess it's Rebecca Mystique, not JLaw), and the Professor X & Magneto is obviously for DOFP.

They need to do a 2-pack for X2, with Nightcrawler. And I'd personally pair him with Storm as their storylines went along nicely. X2 also happened to be Storm's best look.

I'd buy a 3-pack with Famke's Jean, James' Cyclops and Halle's Storm from either X-men or X2.

I don't know who I'd do for TLS. They can do Psylocke & Archangel for Apocalypse.
Beast/Colossus/Angel/Dark PhoeniX for tls.

If there was ever a toy that captured JLaw's Mystique that would be it. Between the fake-looking wig and the questionable non-matching RGB blue paint, they nailed the character there. Kudos Diamond Select!

All they really need is a sheer fabric to show us where the prosthetics end and where she was dipped in paint.

The only way it would be more screen accurate if she was blonde though (j/k).

That figure was pretty great, regardless if you liked her Mystique or not. It’s a shame that it was never released.
Very happy that Marvel Legends is doing a line of movie figures. I only hope they release more characters in the future.

The thing with that figure is...why ONLY Mystique? IIRC Diamond Select only revealed that one figure.

I mean, we all know why, right?
Very happy that Marvel Legends is doing a line of movie figures. I only hope they release more characters in the future.
In a media availability after Toy Fair, the Hasbro people revealed they tried to sneak in a Cyclops for this year, so there's hope yet.

Blessing in disguise if I ever saw one. JLaw's Mystique look is inferior Romijn's.

I hope you're kidding. Even the people who didn't have a problem with that movie, hated the look of Isaac's Apocalypse.
It’s a shame how much worse the look they came up with for J Law was. And I can’t imagine the look for the Isaac version of Apocalypse being popular. What a pathetic attempt at recreating an imposing, important X-Men villain.

I think the make-up being bad wasn't the biggest problem. The horrible close-ups, lighting, and color grading was what really killed it. It would've been easy to make the character look MUCH better with this exact make-up. He also looked extra small thanks to how some of the shots were framed.

I agree with Psylockolussus that the Horsemen looked nice though.

It’s a shame how much worse the look they came up with for J Law was.
If, separately, the make-up wasn't bad enough, and the sheer body suit wasn't bad enough, the clashing of the two medium on an actress that wanted the least amount of time on the make-up chair* because she signed on to the franchise before her asking price sky rocketed was what did the character in. It certainly didn't help that the director was probably difficult to work with and was giving in to the big name stars of the film at the same time.

*because she was having allergic reactions to the chemicals?

If, separately, the make-up wasn't bad enough, and the sheer body suit wasn't bad enough, the clashing of the two medium on an actress that wanted the least amount of time on the make-up chair* because she signed on to the franchise before her asking price sky rocketed was what did the character in. It certainly didn't help that the director was probably difficult to work with and was giving in to the big name stars of the film at the same time.

*because she was having allergic reactions to the chemicals?
Yeah, for all those reasons combined we get the worst of J Law, which is unfortunate given how good she can be in other films.

Glass half full? The franchise ending on a whimper made saying good bye to this group of films (I at one-time completely adored) far, far easier. But it really is a shame.

I won't say fanboying over this franchise in the early 2000s was a waste of time. It wasn't. But I'm ready for a more faithful adaptation of my favourite characters.

Glass half full? The franchise ending on a whimper made saying good bye to this group of films (I at one-time completely adored) far, far easier. But it really is a shame.

I won't say fanboying over this franchise in the early 2000s was a waste of time. It wasn't. But I'm ready for a more faithful adaptation of my favourite characters.
As a huge fan of the franchise (it’s honestly my favorite next to Burtons Batman), I have to agree.
It’s time for a fresh take.

I still remember before Days of Future Past came out my brother saying that it's time for the X-men to join up in the MCU and I was still adamantly against it.

I was never that enamoured with DOFP (minority opinion), after finally watching it, but later on still fanboying over X-men: Apocalypse on account of I got a set tour of the studio in Montreal. I also watched a lot of the Deadpool filming locally and I even had the honour of tweeting to the whole world that I saw Colossus on a random bridge set when no one knew Piotr was in the movie. I also met the Domino actress for Part 2 and had my pic taken with her.

Even with all that I, along with others, were accused of being Fox-men haturs simply because we had no faith in Simon Kinberg helming Dark Phoenix and made sure the rest of the world knew our opinions.

It's a shame it had to come to that but loving a franchise means knowing (and fighting for) what's best for it instead of digging your head in the sand and just blindly accepting every decision the studio throws at you.

IMHO the franchise never reached the highs of X2 days (not DOFP, not Deadpool, not Logan) and it's a wonder I stuck with it that long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"