Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. It's hard to say if those rumors have any basis or not. Feels kind of ridiculous that entertainment sites are now running the story. This would be the worst possible way to end the X-Men franchise. A bad film would be a lame end, this would be nothing but disrespectful and disgusting. We've had so few news it's hard to just call the rumor fake. It's been silent. Very silent.

I put very little stock in the rumour, but the scale of this Disney take-over is enormous so I could see them eating the wasted $$$ and burying Dark Phoenix for the sake of a far more lucrative version in the future. Doubt it, but we're talking silly Disney money here.

@Cktopl33 Wrong. The Summer 2019 projection was before the DOJ approved the deal 5-6 months before it was expected to. The closing window has shrunk by 6 months so the deal will be complete by December or earlier

I think that they might cancel just the release on theaters and have the movies released straight to dvd and online like amazon.

Maybe they don't want to have to spend more money on visual effects and reshoots since they feel like the movie isn't great.

Pay attention to this, Fox won't admit anything. To my knowledge they never said anything official about the cancellation of Fantastic Four 2 and Gambit.

If Dark Phoenix and New Mutants sucks, then it's better that is getting canceled than we have to see a terrible movie like Fantastic Four 2015.

yeah FOX wont come out about anything other than positive news.. and they definitely remain positive even when the house of cards is falling around them... they were pretty adamantly pro Fan4stic even though everyone (outside of a few people who didn't want to admit it to themselves) knew and saw what a mess it was becoming and would be. The actors won't do anything but have praise either.. so don't expect any answers from them either.

still... the x-men brand has always been larger than the logan brand. that's also super depressing.. with X-men being an Ensemble film it really shouldn't be anywhere near the same budget as logan

Solo cost more than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

Ugh. It's hard to say if those rumors have any basis or not. Feels kind of ridiculous that entertainment sites are now running the story. This would be the worst possible way to end the X-Men franchise. A bad film would be a lame end, this would be nothing but disrespectful and disgusting. We've had so few news it's hard to just call the rumor fake. It's been silent. Very silent.

honestly they should of just stopped when they were semi on top with DOFP. Apocalypse is a fine swan song for me... it'd honestly be really sucky to get a really great final film and know that's it... especially if after all this time they finally got things right

what would be even worse? doing a final film on par (if not worse) than apocalypse.

I just wanna know who's gonna be the first brave soul from the Dark Phoenix cast to speak out about the film's status on Twitter.

Alexandra Shipp, I know it's on the tip of your tongue.

I do not think there's much to say.
probably they also know little about all this
who could say something would be simon, he sure knows everything that is happening, but probably he will not say anything.

Aside from cancelling a movie with this kind of budget, I think it would be even more unprecedented to cancel a movie with this cast. You have 3 multiple Oscar nominees and/or winners. But, like some one mentioned this whole merger is pretty unprecedented so I guess anything is possible.

It's funny because the only way the writer could know it was slugzilla posting that stuff is if they lurked here or has a account.

Wonder how many other writers and stuff lurk here?

@_ChristopherM
Sourcing wild fan speculation/fantasies/wish-lists via random users needs to stop..so many ****ing problems with all this stuff.. Fox isn't going to scrap DARK PHOENIX as much as I wish they would.. they would get sued for blowing two hundred million dollars

@_ChristopherM
HAHAHA All of this bogus. Stop Reddit/4chan and SHH forums.

Manabyte is also debunking these rumors, so to those of you who take him seriously, do you believe him? Lol

https://mcucosmic.com/2018/07/26/no-dark-phoenix-and-new-mutants-were-not-secretly-cancelled/
And he doesn't have great things to say about that individual

The “rumor” claims that Fox secretly cancelled both Dark Phoenix and New Mutants. The problem with this “rumor” is the source is a user named “slugzilla” on the Superhero Hype Forums who has been spreading bogus “insider” information about New Mutants for months on those forums. The person has also emailed his “insider” information to multiple sites in an attempt to get them to run them. What happened today is the guy who runs Comic Book Movie decided to legitimize completely bogus forum gossip for clicks, and then the whole thing spread and went viral. Cosmic Book News even listed the source as the Superhero Hype Forums
There are a lot of reasons why Fox won’t cancel two completed movies. The biggest of which are the lawsuits they’d instantly be hit with. Not only from the financiers of the movie, but also actors who these days will often waive some of their normal fees for points against the box office of the movie. Fox would be hit with contract violation lawsuits immediately.
Fox has shown a Dark Phoenix trailer to exhibitors at CineEurope. Just because fans haven’t seen that trailer it doesn’t mean the movie is secretly cancelled. And once again, Disney is not having any say in what Fox does with their movies until sometime next summer as the merger will not be final until then.

Christopher is just pissed he doesnt have inside info himself, lol.

he doesnt have any source at Fox either, so he cant contrast. He's just a fan with a movie site now.

I do love everyone dragging slugzilla. I have no idea why you people have been humoring him for so many months.

If he is for real though, I promise to buy a blu-ray copy of F4ntastic with my very own money.

Christopher is just pissed he doesnt have inside info himself, lol.

he doesnt have any source at Fox either, so he cant contrast. He's just a fan with a movie site now.

yeah i gotta admit its amusing when people are passing around fairly no name sites with little credibility, or notorious for spotty credibility on both sides.

NYCC will be only 4 months before the release so I doubt they'll wait until then to release the first trailer. If there's no trailer by September, possibly with Predator. Then I'll believe that they may be scrapping it.

Where's Dark Phoenix's budget listed?

The mayor of montreal had it confirmed in august last year

"75 à 80 millions de dollars de cette nouvelle production d'X-Men sur un budget de 150 millions sont investis à Mtl"

NYCC will be only 4 months before the release so I doubt they'll wait until then to release the first trailer. If there's no trailer by September, possibly with Predator. Then I'll believe that they may be scrapping it.

Yes
If we do not have anything during the release of "the predator" and why this movie does not exist anymore, it will be the last chance.

Honestly they could just be waiting to the final moments.

The Apocalypse reveal really embarrassed them I think.

But they have a trailer that they've already shown, so I don't think they're scrapping anything. I think they simply have their set marketing timetable for the general audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"