Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This rumor come from ManaByte. He also said test audiences hated Deadpool 2. He's a big FAKE NEWSER and Fox-hater.

Don't believe him he has no clue what he is talking about.
Uh....he was right about all the plot points to which Fox went after him for: the early death of Vanessa, the deaths of the x-force, death of Juggernaut, including the baby hitler scene that was included in the super duper cut screened at SDCC but was cut from the movie because test audience were uncomfortable. So, I wouldn't call that fake. Deadpool 2 did OK.....after reshoots. Not by much and still slightly under the first Deadpool.

Last edited:
It's so funny that the source for this is coming from a person in these forums. I recall this same individual saying this about Dark Phoenix back toward the end of April this year:
A friend told me that Dark Phoenix is actually pretty good which is one of the main reasons it will probably be released.
This person seem to be all over the board. His/her "sources" seem to be coming from everywhere with conflicting information. I don't buy it. Now this person is famous because someone from reddit picked it up and well....you know how those rumors spread all over the net.

Last edited:
Uh....he was right about all the plot points to which Fox went after him for: the early death of Vanessa, the deaths of the x-force, death of Juggernaut, including the baby hitler scene that was included in the super duper cut screened at SDCC but was cut from the movie because test audience were uncomfortable. So, I wouldn't call that fake. Deadpool 2 did OK.....after reshoots. Not by much and still slightly under the first Deadpool.

Stolen from Reddit users. He’s a wannabe. Don’t give him any attention. The man has problems

there are people working at Fox reading and sharing info on these boards.
Thats all I can tell. And to each its own.

after all, this is the longest and one of the most important sh sites/boards, so its pretty normal some from the studio/crew come here from time to time (or more often than we think)

unfortunately the silence of the fox and the lack of information about all this
only feeds rumors to earn clicks

then they should release something great soon if they want to change the word.

but Fox is not that smart controlling their fanbase/audience, so they wont do anything until september, as planned probably. Poor selfs lol. They just dont give a damm anymore

This person doesn't seem to be sure of their own info:
I honestly don't know what to think about this, as my friend wouldn't purposely lie to me, but there's always the possibility that they may have been lied to. I guess we shall see...
I can't say definitively whether or not any of the other Fox X-films will be released, as I have been hearing a lot of conflicting things from my Fox friends.
With all the reshoots they've done Im sure they've changed up some things. So the final product could feasibly be less horrible.
Dark Phoenix hasn't even started their reshoots yet.

The version of Dark Phoenix I saw still needed a good bit of work from a visual standpoint. But that was months ago, & I believe they've been working on it since then, so I'm inclined to think there's probably a good chance that a fairly complete cut of Dark Phoenix exists, but I could be wrong.
This person claims to have seen a "cut" of the movie, but it obviously couldn't have been before the end of April (where at that time this individual was merely "told" by a friend it was good). Yet the movie had already been test screened over a couple of months several times prior. So, this person claims to have seen a cut by June...on a laptop...with a great amount of unfinished effects? That whole time-span after the movie completed shooting in Oct? With almost a year for post production? Doesn't sound plausible.

But I guess if Disney has been....through "back channel communications"....."unofficially controlling" decisions at Fox for months now (some deals with characters as far back as a year) as this person claims, we should supposedly hear an announcement regarding the status of the movie sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:
That's not how it works. If Disney is getting Fox's properties and upcoming releases, they also get their debt. Fox (probably) spent $100+ million on Dark Phoenix. That debt will belong to Disney.

As much as I want Kinberg's directorial debut to be canned, that's just never going to happen. The internet needs to stop feeding this bs narrative for clicks just cause they know some people want to hear it.
And this, along with other complications, is why New Mutants and Dark Phoenix will be released regardless of what happens now.

it's a rumor without logic
According to that, Disney is already controlling everything for a few months, the movie is horrible, and everything will be canceled.

so what is the logic of taking the movie trailer to some events like the cineeurope and an event in colombia that happened a few weeks ago? and still release the reshoots that should start in a few days? all of this cost / debt will go to Disney when they officially take over.
if they are in control, and this will be canceled, you have no reason to spend more dollars on it.
would totally believe this rumor
if we had news that the reshoots were canceled, and that nothing else is happening.
but for now it seems to be something from the same class that said deadpool 2 would be a disaster.

Last edited:
Yeah I, remember the good old days back when rumors were way better constructed and made a lot more sense. :p

Has there even been a major blockbuster that was cancelled just like that?
Most cancelled movies haven't even began filming

These scoopers are all BS, they need help, obsessing in a smear campaign to get the film cancelled. Get a job!

If I'm not mistaken
hears only a movie that was canceled after it was filmed, it was a Chinese movie that cost a lot of money, and it was canceled due to interminable problem, but that is already many years.
if this happens it will be practically the first time in a big franchise.

These scoopers are all BS, they need help, obsessing in a smear campaign to get the film cancelled. Get a job!

I think that the day after tomorrow, this will become something weekly and more intense
while the fox does not do something, or say something, this movie will continue to be riddled with negative rumors.

Apparently some of you dont realize that the source of these articles comes from this same board, on the New Mutants section.

This is not baseless, the source has already explained all of this on here for months

The source is full of ****.

Anyway back to actual topic discussion, with the Skrulls almost certainly being removed I wonder what will happen to the alien race. I hope they dont go down to calling them some generic space alien species. Best scenario would be ShiaR but not sure enough time to reshoot their entire design.

I don't normally trust CBM but this adds up.... this film in particular is due out in only 6 and a half months.. no promotion at SDCC, no new info, it's off the current schedule, reshoots still need to happen, no teaser trailer, only a really shoddy barely promoted teaser poster that to my knowledge wasn't even passed around to theaters.

to me this screams clear as day that either it's getting further delayed or FOX doesn't want to waste more money promoting it and the studio/shareholders don't want to invest further into it, it's getting to the point when the merger does happen... the people who may originally be making money off of it no longer will profit off of it.

I would like to see both films though, so wouldn't object to a streaming or direct to DVD take on it.. but i'll admit. This is a MAJOR story to tackle and super important to the X-men mythos. I'd much rather Marvel Studios handle it.. and actually throw in the Shi'ar and Hellfire Club potentially rather than forcefully throw in "Skrulls and Mrs Sinister"

it would be an utter shame to have this story not get told with the reboot.. and that has about zero chance of happening if this film gets out. They wont want to repeat it.

I don't normally trust CBM but this adds up.... this film in particular is due out in only 6 and a half months.. no promotion at SDCC, no new info, it's off the current schedule, reshoots still need to happen, no teaser trailer

Just like Logan marketing...

its very very rare, but id argue this is a very unique circumstance, so anything really could happen.

they have to weigh alot .. if this film gets out they can't do that story again in the MCU. it would be it's 3rd time up to bat.. and i don't see that happening for a VERY VERY long time. So Disney could easily say "well lets get it to streaming and direct to DVD so we can make SOME of the money back, but lets cut our losses and invest in our future. And we'd like to tell this story in the MCU."

Just like Logan marketing...

true, that did have a 5 month turn around.. and i'd buy that for New Mutants. Logan was a much smaller film, not a "big summer blockbuster esque film" like Dark Phoenix is suppose to be however. you'd think they'd want the hype.. especially when it's fairly obvious this franchise needs that.

Apocalypse also had about a 6 month turn around.. and id argue that was one of the many reasons the film was hurt. had they released a trailer earlier with more finished designs and ways to settle alot of the "ivan ooze" talk.. the film may have done a little better. you'd think they'd learn from that.

Last edited:
I think that they might cancel just the release on theaters and have the movies released straight to dvd and online like amazon.

Maybe they don't want to have to spend more money on visual effects and reshoots since they feel like the movie isn't great.

Pay attention to this, Fox won't admit anything. To my knowledge they never said anything official about the cancellation of Fantastic Four 2 and Gambit.

If Dark Phoenix and New Mutants sucks, then it's better that is getting canceled than we have to see a terrible movie like Fantastic Four 2015.

Logan was a much smaller film, not a "big summer blockbuster esque film" like Dark Phoenix is suppose to be however.

Well..

Logan budget: $127 million
Dark Phoenix budget: $150 million

Not much bigger than Logan.

Apparently some of you dont realize that the source of these articles comes from this same board, on the New Mutants section.

This is not baseless, the source has already explained all of this on here for months
We know who it is (some of the web articles mention the user name) and this person has given conflicting information. Just because it's someone on this board doesn't mean this person's claim is not baseless. Anyone can claim to be whoever they want on these boards because they're anonymous. The shareholder's vote tomorrow is about whether the companies should merge, not when the merger takes effect. That still isn't expected to happen until late 2019, if the vote is in favor of merging. Disney will have no say on Fox properties until then. The discussion of the Merger has nothing to do with what's happening with the films nor is it based on the movies. The suggestion that Disney would be so heavily involved to the point of seeing, reviewing, and deciding outcomes of Fox films is dubious. Neither Kevin feige nor folks at Fox are privy to the details of the merger. The first discussion of talks for the merger involved chairman and CEOs of these studios to discuss stock, regulatory and tax implications. By October of last year, Disney and Fox had struck a confidentiality agreement which mostly involved lawyers and bankers. This whole rumor by said individual is framed like the merger center around the movies. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
I just wanna know who's gonna be the first brave soul from the Dark Phoenix cast to speak out about the film's status on Twitter.

Alexandra Shipp, I know it's on the tip of your tongue.

Well..

Logan budget: $127 million
Dark Phoenix budget: $150 million

Not much bigger than Logan.

still... the x-men brand has always been larger than the logan brand. that's also super depressing.. with X-men being an Ensemble film it really shouldn't be anywhere near the same budget as logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"