Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man!! It’s not a huge delay but I was so looking forward to an X-Men flick this year. Deadpool 2 will have to be it. At least Avengers is soon.

So 16 month reshoot for New Mutants is normal length, but the new director for Bohemian Rhapsody can reshoot Singer’s film entirely “4 times over?”

Got it...
wow dude i already agree with you that new mutants is an anomoly but i dont think DPh is going to be extensively reshot since you need to take in account all the cast member schedules, so thats going to take a lot longer than three months. Especially since the star of the movie is in game of thrones. This is whole slate change not only about DPh.

Cant help but think Disney is somehow involved in these reshuffles.
Yeah, most likely. I bet the deal has something to do with it. If it was just DP that got delayed then I would've thought that somthing was wrong with this movie. But man, EVERY Fox film has a new the release date now....

wow dude i already agree with you that new mutants is an anomoly but i dont think DPh is going to be extensively reshot since you need to take in account all the cast member schedules, so thats going to take a lot longer than three months. Especially since the star of the movie is in game of thrones. This is whole slate change not only about DPh.

IIRC, the announcement to delay New Mutants from April of this year to Feb of next year was announced a mere 3 months (January) before its scheduled release.

Sure Dark Phoenix’s “merely” 3 month delay (from November this year to February the following year) might not seem much, but it’s only March. I hate to state the obvious here, but Kinberg was already afforded a lot of post Production time to begin with.

I imagine all this extended post production time adds to the ballooning budget, and how that number will affect what the studio thinks a good box office number this has to achieve to be seen as a success.

This is the first real negative thats come out about the movie. Everything else had been positive up to now. Dammit

what a mess
This took everyone by surprise.
The question now is, will this movie really be released?

what a mess
This took everyone by surprise.
The question now is, will this movie really be released?

Yes. Can anyone here think of a multimillion dollar blockbuster that's been indefinitely shelved? I know some "fans" would love it if this film never saw the light of day, which is odd to me.

Last edited:
Virtually all fox movies are suffering from changing dates
How strange, does it have to do with Disney?

This got off lightly with 3 months. New Mutants on the other hand, yeesh.

new mutants are with the vibe of being the new "gambit"
It seems we'll never see this.

Well *****. Not good news. Its only 3 extra months, but that close to Captain Marvel? Which also features Skrulls. Disney going to allow that?

Well *****. Not good news. Its only 3 extra months, but that close to Captain Marvel? Which also features Skrulls. Disney going to allow that?

Probably get another push back around November or December

This move is interesting. On the New Mutants front, I am starting to think that is doomed to be straight to streaming/dvd. I mean, delaying it nearly 2 years from when it was to come out originally? That can only mean massive trouble, and I can see the studio cutting their losses and just dumping it on Hulu or whatever Disney streaming ends up being (more likely Hulu).

On the front of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, this is also odd. Comes out pretty close to Captain Marvel. We can maybe chalk it up to rookie director needing more time, but given this and New Mutants saw delays at same time, that raises my eyebrow. Something is happening. I don't think X-Men: DP will be outright shelved (you can't shelve a 100+ mil blockbuster), but I would not write off the possibility of eventual streaming drop. New Mutants I think is basically already there. If this gets delayed a second time, then ruh roh.

Last edited:

the weirdest part of all of this. Its like a big "f*** you' to Marvel.
Fox will lose that battle tho. We all know Captain Marvel will destroy X-Men's boxoffice lol.

Fox probably think having the skrulls "like Captain Marvel!" will help them or something :funny:
Fox is so lost

Although the agreement was not yet closed
nothing prevents Disney along with fox is already working on some things
reminding that x-men DP would be released on the same day as the Nutcracker and the Four Realms ..

Last edited:
Jeremy Conrad

@ManaByte
If the Fox deal closes this year, which is probably will, do you really think Kevin Feige will put up with an X-Men movie (with Skrulls) in theaters one month before Captain Marvel (with MCU Skulls)? Nope.

I’d be surprised if we see Dark Phoenix and New Mutants now.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/978500297944326145

DZRVVwKUQAAHYDz.jpg:large
Qfx6gCk.gif

Wow. Not good! And I seriously doubt Disney has anything to do with it.

Could it simply be Fox think Feb would be a good move for box office results since Logan and Deadpool 1 were both released then in recent years?

it will be really funny when both X-Men and Captain Marvel trailers/spots start arriving and to see the reactions of both fanbases and general viewers to seeing skrulls in both.
Comparisons are odious. We'll see who will get better response....:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"