Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was extensive reshoots wouldn't it be delayed by more than 2 and a half months tho? U cant reshoot the whole movie in that time. I think its because of how lucrative Febuary has become after Black Panther and November was really crowded. I dont think there as much competition in february tho.

It comes out 1 week after the release of The Lego Movie 2 and Silver & Black.

I'm thinking the success of Black Panther in February might have something to do with this. Sucks that we probably won't get a teaser until Fall now.

oh damn. I'm sooooo disappointed. I was really looking forward to see this movie in November and now it is a year away. looks like the test screenings haven't been very successful.

From 3 announced X-Men movies in a year to only Deadpool 2 - a movie franchise I really do not care about. lol
They've been negative? I've only seen good word of mouth thus far.

While I stand with what I say about wanting this movie to be good even more than ever now, I also maintain that IF something is wrong with this movie then the answer is simple: KINBERG.

It is possible, though, that the Disney deal is affecting this by way of Fox executives who have a lot to gain from the movies while they're still Fox employees. Other than that, I can't see why the deal would cause a massive reshuffling, especially because Kinberg is already a Disney employee. He did mention before that getting the VFX right was a big priority of his. This is three months back, not a year and a half like New Mutants, there could've been a delay and that might be the cause.

I think the longer they hold off on releasing a teaser or a trailer, the better. Considering the director of this is not the most-loved, he should put out the best footage he can so he can shut his naysayers up.

So there can be no more excuses from his fans if it does suck.

Also there’s still eight months to go. Plenty of time to build up hype.

Oh. So should I buy lotto tickets now?

While I stand with what I say about wanting this movie to be good even more than ever now, I also maintain that IF something is wrong with this movie then the answer is simple: KINBERG.

:p

Last edited:
I'm thinking the success of Black Panther in February might have something to do with this. Sucks that we probably won't get a teaser until Fall now.

Doubt it. They didn't do that earlier with the New Mutants. Aside from competition, they aren't that confident to release it in November.

Literally, at this point, pushing those dates again and again, I will be completelly fine if they don't make it to the big screen and be added to the Disney streaming service in a couple of years.

Or they could just release it to DVD now and just call it a day. Instead spending more money for the delays and reshoots.

This sucks. I was so much looking forward to watch Dark Phoenix as soon as possible, now have the wait almost 1 year. 3 more months of negativity and Kinberg roasting on this board though...ugh

Well you can thank Fox for that. And since when Fox delayed two of their Marvel films who were both done with filming? Clearly, this hasn't been a smooth sailing for them.

Dark Phoenix Part 1: February 2019
Dark Phoenix Part 2: November 2019

Like Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions.

I really don't see them shooting another Marvel movie this year. No point now. The Disney deal is getting close with every month.
I really believe and expect New Mutant to be released on Disney streaming service. Because by August 2019, the deal will clearly be approved.

Lmao. They couldn't even release three Marvel films in 2018 which they were planning to do. And there would be one more for 2019. And as if pulling a Matrix2/3 would be beneficial. Revolutions underperformed!

This sucks. I was so much looking forward to watch Dark Phoenix as soon as possible, now have the wait almost 1 year. 3 more months of negativity and Kinberg roasting on this board though...ugh

You really think the negativity will end after the movie comes out?

Lmao. They couldn't even release three Marvel films in 2018 which they were planning to do. And there would be one more for 2019. And as if pulling a Matrix2/3 would be beneficial. Revolutions underperformed!

mmmh, what about trying to make any argument in this forum without using the term "underperforming"? :cwink:

Goodbye X-Men franchise.
It was beautiful while it last.
Im not even angry, but the X-Men deserved better than this. Cant imagine how Boone must feel right now, Fox always find a way.
Bye fox

November 2nd is a day after my birthday and I was REALLY looking forward to that. I'm kinda pissed now lol.

Funny enough my birthday is one day after the new release date.

Can't lie I'm confused to say the least.

Well, if there is one thing the X-Boards needed, it was more reason for some posters to be negative, the next year should be fun :oldrazz:

What? No not at all. You’ll be lucky if this movie comes out

This comment makes no sense. The only thing I can think is the test screenings had die hard fans that were pissed about the omission of the Shi'Ar and they gave them enough hell to reshoot Chastain back to Lilandra. But I'm grasping at straws obviously.

This comment makes no sense. The only thing I can think is the test screenings had die hard fans that were pissed about the omission of the Shi'Ar and they gave them enough hell to reshoot Chastain back to Lilandra. But I'm grasping at straws obviously.

there must be something seriously wrong with this movie if they decide to push it back several months. The studio executives will know what a pushback means for boxoffice results and public awareness. That's such a nightmare for this entire franchise...

But quality control is not the real reason...these mainstream studios release the biggest garbage every year without squinting. I am really wondering what could be reasoning behind this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"