Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, fake news.

latest

Most cast members signed multi-picture deals. You guys know this...

Munn could very well be in Dark Phoenix but the fact that Kinberg told Munn that she "wouldn't have a lot of lines in the first movie" is hardly confirmation.

Fan BingBing, between the release of DOFP and Apocalypse, was so sure she would be part of the follow-up to the former that she said the following:

“I am contracted to appear in the next four X-Men films and it’s going to be really amazing,” she said through her translator. “In 14 years since the X-Men films started, this is the first time an Asian mutant is in the film. So, it’s going to be really interesting.”

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyl...-part-of-the-xmen-movies/#dwdSBP19tmYIOe3M.99

I'm not even gonna touch that second part of the quote where she said she was the first Asian mutant in the franchise :hmr:

Yes, fake news.

Fake news that were apparently confirmed to be NOT fake by multiple sources, including one from Collider or some site with a panel show.

I believe the reedit article, though I also thought that Psylpcke was just not present in the screening reports that reedit user tried to compile from multiple sources.

Anyway, Psylocke won't have a substantial role here. She's a display. So that's not eXactly good news.

If Psylocke is in this film my best guess is she’ll be on Genosha and acting as a right hand to Magneto basically Mystique 2.0

Are you sure she wasn't talking about Apocalypse?

Anyway, its kinda frustrating that they got someone well known to play Psylocke and they don't take advantage by putting her in more films with a prominent role. Its like with Halle and Anna. And yet they cater to Jlaw as if Mystique is the poster girl of the X-Men, heck even their version of Mystique is no longer similar to the comics.

Are you sure she wasn't talking about Apocalypse?

Anyway, its kinda frustrating that they got someone well known to play Psylocke and they don't take advantage by putting her in more films with a prominent role. Its like with Halle and Anna. And yet they cater to Jlaw as if Mystique is the poster girl of the X-Men, heck even their version of Mystique is no longer similar to the comics.
That's the icing on this ugly cake. They're basically putting the focus on a character created for the films at this point.

Speaking of "First Looks" the crowd also loved the first teaser for X-men Origins: Wolverine when it debuted at San Diego. To the tune of $85Mil opening weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xxz997ceI

It's now one of the the most derided movies in the genre.
Goes to show you teasers, promos, first looks and opening weekend numbers don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Kinberg and crew can (and I very much expect them to) come out with a good trailer by loading it up with fan faves--phoenix raptor! "caw" sound! aliens! space! costumes! better-looking sf/x!--considering this has had some of the longest post production schedule. There really is no excuse.

Yup.

It's guaranteed that the marketing is going to be fine, particularly the first few trailers. It pretty much always is on these Fox/Marvel movies - the only exceptions I can think of are FFINO and Apocalypse, but even those early trailers were decently well-received.

Last edited:
Damn, Munn has been mum for quite some time now. She was the one who said this felt like a 2-parter.

Yes, fake news.

I think you’re the one spreading fake news.

Nowhere in that video did she say, or suggest, she is in Dark Phoenix.

If Storm and Nightcrawler are background characters, what hope is there for Psylocke in this upcoming movie? Not much.

I’d like to hope Psylocke is in Dark Phoenix but there are no indications she will be at this point..

Munn already talked about working with Simon Kinberg as the director back in September 2017.

If Storm and Nightcrawler are background characters, what hope is there for Psylocke in this upcoming movie? Not much.

No one ever said Storm and Nightcrawler were background characters.

14:05 min

[YT]13Zj8E8399E[/YT]

What the **** is this pretentious whispering interview, I just skipped to 14 minute mark and I have no patience for listening to whispers wtf.. honestly who listens to this stuff?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/what-movies...o-comic-con-2018-1826925970?rev=1529446455922

We’ve heard it’ll have a panel dedicated to Shane Black’s upcoming film The Predator in Hall H this year. And while Fox has a ton of other in-the-works films that would absolutely fit in at Comic-Con (Alita: Battle Angel, The Darkest Minds, Bad Times at the El Royale, Ad Astra, and others), it’s unlikely any of those will be mentioned there.

The biggest question whenever Fox decides to have a Hall H panel is “Will the X-Men be at Comic-Con?” This year, the smart money says... probably not. Predator will be the main focus and there are simply too many other big movies Fox has to release before the February, June, and August releases of Dark Phoenix, Gambit, and New Mutants, respectively. However, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are done with principal production, so if Fox wanted to make a splash with a big surprise, it absolutely could.

Munn already talked about working with Simon Kinberg as the director back in September 2017.

Let's hope we are surprised then.

No one ever said Storm and Nightcrawler were background characters.

Yes, they did.

DACrowe said: "The "leaks" are actually more like rumors. But they say Jean, Scott, Beast, and Xavier take center stage. All major "A list" X-Men while Storm and Nightcrawler are background players."

That's certainly the impression from those Reddit rumours, which said Storm had no shining moment.

And the person who went on there dismissing all those Reddit rumours said it was not an X-Men movie (hence change in title) but a movie about Jean Grey with the X-Men as background characters.

It's also been said by people involved in these films that Kinberg isn't a fan of Storm or Nightcrawler.

All that adds up to suggesting that Storm and Nightcrawler don't have much of a role, no involvement in the central plot.

Predator is an important franchise but if they reveal nothing about DP at the Mecca of Comic conventions, it makes me wonder how confident they are about the film.

Im expecting the trailer to come out with Predator in September so hopefully I can be proven wrong.

Yes, they did.

DACrowe said: "The "leaks" are actually more like rumors. But they say Jean, Scott, Beast, and Xavier take center stage. All major "A list" X-Men while Storm and Nightcrawler are background players."

Oh well if DACrowe said it then thats that then.

Although i read it too and the wording was more that Cyclops,Xavier and Beast had the bigger roles, with Storm,nightcrawler and Quicksilver given less to do

Now if you wanna see that as Background characters then fine but thats always gonna come down to one person's subtext of the events that occurred.

Although thats not to say you should over think their role to an extremely high degree either.

It's also been said by people involved in these films that Kinberg isn't a fan of Storm or Nightcrawler.

All that adds up to suggesting that Storm and Nightcrawler don't have much of a role, no involvement in the central plot.

It doesn't matter who you are a fan of though in the long run.

You tend to read into things to a much higher degree then what they actually are.

Last edited:
someone who watched the test screening back in december was asked about Olivia's role and the reply was kind of "a joke" of a role, suggesting its non existent.

so guys, take that as you will.

Predator is an important franchise but if they reveal nothing about DP at the Mecca of Comic conventions, it makes me wonder how confident they are about the film.

Im expecting the trailer to come out with Predator in September so hopefully I can be proven wrong.

There could be several reasons:

1) saving money on the marketing budget

2) following the Logan pattern of marketing only starting near release date (I can't remember when the marketing started but I'm sure people said it was at a very late stage)

3) reshoots are extensive and will significantly alter the film so they don't feel able to assemble a trailer at this point

You tend to read into things to a much higher degree then what they actually are.

We don't yet know what they 'actually are.'

I think it's perfectly viable to expect a meaningless role for Storm, given what happened in X:A and the various suggestions and speculations in my reply above.

I also think Alexandra's talk of a Storm movie felt more like a hint that it's gonna be the only chance the character gets developed, but that's just my reading of it.

If they don't do much with Storm in DP, then the character would never merit a spin-off because she's not been given enough exposure. Not that I am screaming for a solo spin-off, I think the best aim would be for each of the X-Men to get some personality and depth like they did in the little scenes of character interaction scattered through X2.

someone who watched the test screening back in december was asked about Olivia's role and the reply was kind of "a joke" of a role, suggesting its non existent.

so guys, take that as you will.
source? Is this on the internet somewhere. I don't remember there being a December test screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"