Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

I think some Snyder fans developed a bit of a siege mentality. For years they were made fun of, told the films they like garbage and things like rotten tomatoes often cited as proof that they were wrong. As is human nature, a lot of them therefore felt some schadenfreude when the weapon that had been used against them was turned on another.

I think some Snyder fans developed a bit of a siege mentality. For years they were made fun of, told the films they like garbage and things like rotten tomatoes often cited as proof that they were wrong. As is human nature, a lot of them therefore felt some schadenfreude when the weapon that had been used against them was turned on another.

I think some MCU fans gained a bit of elitism as well because they went over 20 movies without a rotten score. Personally for me the likes of Doctor Strange and Ant-Man 2 were average at best and got great RT scores, so I don't put much stock in them myself.

But you would hear stuff along the lines of 'pffft Snyder barely has a fresh movie in his filmography and Marvel has over 20.' So of course some Snyder fans will lap it up when the opposite happens.

In many respects, ZSJL is an utterly conventional and traditional superhero narrative. Certainly, compared to MOS (arguably “controversial”) and BvS (an unabashed genre deconstruction), it’s fairly vanilla. Thus, ZSJL’s (relatively) good reviews might be interpreted as a “reward” to Snyder for finally behaving. :word:

I would say it's way less about critics "rewarding" Zack for behaving and way more that following a more conventional narrative structure fixed many of the problems people had with BVS and MOS. The plot is much easier to follow (vs. the criticism of BVS being unnecessarily convoluted or the flashbacks in Man of Steel making the story come off as disjointed), you get a much better grasp on the new characters like Cyborg and Flash and its consequently easier to root for and get invested in them (again, see all the criticism about Superman in the previous movies being distant and hard to care about/relate to) and Steppenwolf lacks most of the quirks and odd acting/directing choices that made so many people pan Eisenberg's Luthor.

I want Snyder to finish his story still, but the ending with the new Batman is genuinely awful

I still dont understand what differentiates Zack from all the other directors. He got 3 films right off the bat which is very rare. Studios go with different directors all the time for sequels and this was nothing different with WB deciding to move on from him (and unfortunately dumping JL as a whole)

Anybody see Zack Snyder's Thanksgiving tweet? It was a picture of his turkey, but in the background there's a copy of the Omnibus of Final Crisis...

If you guys talking about this in another thread, then my bad lol.

Anybody see Zack Snyder's Thanksgiving tweet? It was a picture of his turkey, but in the background there's a copy of the Omnibus of Final Crisis...

Yeah people speculating it means he is working on a new movie but I am not getting my hopes just as I didn't for the Snyder Cut itself.

I liked Rock of Ages way better than Final Crisis, but I need to re-read both. The core story of Final Crisis is good, but it’s too dense, with too many characters that aren’t necessary.

Did they ever release the numbers of how many hours/views were logged into the Snydercut? Maybe it was enough to make WB or whoever reconsider the ZSJL being the final film in his universe.

HBO Max/WB doesn't release viewership numbers. Anything released is through 3rd party companies like Samba. According to Samba, earlier this year, the Suicide Squad was the most viewed DC movie, followed by WW84 and ZSJL.

I don’t think so. It’s hard to gauge the success of the movie, because it’s hard to market a directors cut that is also actually just a completely different movie. It was always going to be an uphill battle. But the critical reception was undeniably good!

Snyder cut his teeth with green screen and 300 was made for pretty cheap. I wonder how cheap it would be if he could focus on just a few Justice League members and do most of the film in the Knightmare Earth, focusing mainly on character moments rather than action. When you have insanely cinematic and awesome shows like Raised by Wolves on HBO, it really makes me want a Justice League show.

Imho, it would be too expensive to bring back expensive stars like Ben, Gal, Henry, and Jason for just a mini-series.

Lol that picture really had his haters typing up essays on twitter of why it didn't mean anything. They're shook

I dont see why Zack even would wanna come back honestly. Go through all that stress and trouble working with a studio thats going to be telling him what to do and giving him studio notes no matter whose in charge.

Imo, Zack and WB are done with each other. WB didnt even wanna release the Snyder but and barely promoted it so I just cannot see it happening.

I agree, crazier things have happened. Would be funny if he just put that in the background to mess with people, but idk... Maybe he did this just to stir up conversation about the continuation of the Snyderverse. Who knows. But he had to know what he was doing putting that in the picture haha.

The timing of all the speculation is funny given the Mangianello thing.

FFeguEEVcAA1XL5

Here we go again... Discovery - WarnerMedia deal might not happen.

Fans probably put a bit too much stock in the implications of the deal in the first place. Like how Kilar went from being the white knight to the pariah once he didn't do any #RestoreTheSnyderverse promotion after ZSJL's release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"