• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

When someone says: Thats not Superman, Batman, Granny Goodness (insert name here)..

What they seem to mean is that is not how I would like that character portrayed... I get it. I always wanted a Batman who draped his cape over costume as in comics and BTAS. But that doesnt mean any representation of Batman who doesnt look like the one I prefer isnt Batman.

There is room for reinterpretation, reimagining etc, if you don't like it. That's cool. No one is forcing you to enjoy it or watch it. But no one should ever pretend their preferences are the definitive take on something.

Or rather that someone else's take on something is somehow less worthy or wrong. That's what I see a lot of those folks who just do not like Snyder doing constantly. With WW, Batman and of course Superman.

The Snyderverse isnt aiming to be or shouldnt be everyone's definitive variation of these characters. For God's sake, I love the Nolan Movies, but that Batman is so un-Batman like at times.

i do agree but there are exceptions, like Godzilla 1998. i have to say there's nothing Godzilla about that movie lol

I actually thought the ZS Goodness looked pretty cool

Granny-Goodness.jpg

Nobody said Snyder can’t do a different take on Granny Goodness, only that she doesn’t look very much like Granny Goodness which is plain to see! You can like his take on the character while acknowledging it only vaguely looks like Granny Goodness, just say you like it and leave it at that

If you are wondering why RT has already tagged Godzilla vs. Kong 'Certified Fresh' but ZSJL has not, reminder: RT is owned by Fandango, and Fandango is owned by...
View attachment 44770

Ah yes the old "Conspiracy" BS. Just stop.

It has to be a conspiracy, it can't be because one was a streaming release and one was a theatrical. Nah that is too obvious for the SnyderQs.

Off. The. RESERVATION!

They could have leaned more into the traditional take by making her bulkier and giving her bigger hair, this is clearly a deliberate deviation from Kirby's design.
But I don't her look is so iconic that it's blasphemy to change it. Snyder's Granny isn't super close to the comic, but it isn't too far off either.
In terms of comic accurate designs for the New Gods in ZSJL I'd say they go:
Darkseid
Granny Goodness
Desaad
Steppenwolf

From what I could see I liked the GG look. Maybe she could have been a bit stouter but she is also standing next to Darkseid so she is going to look smaller than she is.

If you are wondering why RT has already tagged Godzilla vs. Kong 'Certified Fresh' but ZSJL has not, reminder: RT is owned by Fandango, and Fandango is owned by...
View attachment 44770
Yeah, I see lot of people bring this up but WB is minority stake holder, majority of ownership lies with NBC Universal, I am aware of petty politics that's going on but this seems like a reach.

According to a new listing from Production List from less than 2 months ago, the series is scheduled to begin filming in LA in 10 days.

...But I don't think it involves John Stewart.

Yeah, the HBO Max series has Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz and Bree Jarta (new character) as the leads.

I believe they are keeping JS (and hopefully Hal) for movies.

Nobody said Snyder can’t do a different take on Granny Goodness, only that she doesn’t look very much like Granny Goodness which is plain to see! You can like his take on the character while acknowledging it only vaguely looks like Granny Goodness, just say you like it and leave it at that

You're argument works both ways. I instantly recognized her as GG when I saw her in the trailer.

If Fisher fails as actor then its because he is just Medicore...its bonkers to blame WB for literally everything now.
He may not get a role at WB again, but claiming Fishers acting career is in danger because of WB is completely deluded.

And again, WB had to do something...because Snyder failed at the box office and critical front when he had the two most famous comic book characters and argueably two of the easiest to get right.

Not sure if people forgot this part or dont grasp how big Superman and Batman are in the world.
But third world countries know those guys, and in 2021 Aquaman...the guy people made fun off for years, was a bigger success than Snyders take on Batman and Superman.

WB had to do something, they couldnt risk having the justice league be a failure.
That their decision ended up doing exactly that, possibly even worse than what Snyders JL would have been, is ironic...but they had to do something.
Dude, he said one sentence about Ray and you went on a Anti Snyder tirade lol

Doing a GL movie with Hal and John and not have it connected to a GL Corps series would be a mistake.

would be great if the Hal/John movies connected to the HBO MAX show, but I don't anticipate that at all.

Granny Goodness first appearance - Mister Miracle Vol1, #2 June 1971 by Jack Kirby:
1m8cohe.jpg

IIRC, Granny Goodness was always initially drawn as being more of a middle-aged, powerfully built warrior who happened to have a mane of white hair.

New Gods were supposedly immortal & ageless, much like Wonder Woman, a demigod who stopped aging at around 25-30. She was supposedly modelled after Phyllis Diller:
image-original.jpg

120821013222-leading-women-phyllis-diller-gags-2-of-10-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Her appearance as an ugly, old woman in the comics only came later.

It doesn't matter eitherway. Considering we won't see her again in theaters for a long time probably.

Ah yes the old "Conspiracy" BS. Just stop.

It has to be a conspiracy, it can't be because one was a streaming release and one was a theatrical. Nah that is too obvious for the SnyderQs.

Off. The. RESERVATION!
Yes, I am trying to stir the pot for the crazed SnyderQs out there :hehe:
tenor.gif

Finally got to rewatch this, I've been watching it in half hour increments over the past week and damn, this movie is everything. I want more. At first, I thought I was satisfied with it ending here and dont me wrong, if this is the end, this is a Hell of a high note to go out on but....I cant lie, I want more from this world, from this Justice League, whether its from Zack or someone else. I'm not ready to let go of this cast yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"