Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

For the show? It's probably entirely independent. I don't think the television side will have a series in July ;)

Well...tell us how you really feel Marvel :hehe:

Just watched the first episode of Krypton. They've captured everything I wanted from Inhumans.
Great sets, great CGI, space political intrigue. They even have there own caste system.

For what it's worth, Krypton has been in development for 4 years, and they also had the head start of the MoS concepts and designs.

Inhumans had 8 months!! I still can't get over the arrogance of the studios thinking they could make a show with this kind of an epic scale in 8 freaking months.
I don't think it was arrogance, I think it was active disinterest. I bet nobody at ABC wanted to do it in the first place. Krypton had the benefit of a creative team striving to make it, Inhumans had the unfortunate of a team mandated to do it.

Apparently there's gonna be a "Death of the Inhumans" event this summer:
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-death-inhumans-july-2018/

Is it a sign?

Yes because Death of Superman, Death of Captain America, Death of Batman, and Death of Wolverine all stuck.

Apparently there's gonna be a "Death of the Inhumans" event this summer:
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-death-inhumans-july-2018/

Is it a sign?

Smh, I'm assuming there being ironic but either way, it's a bit of a sh1++y gesture.

The Inhumans deserve a place in Marvel. A small place far away fro the core heroes maybe, but they still serve a purpose.

I've always liked there non Earth based stories anyway. Give them there own space Game of thrones stories back on the moon or something.

This series had so much potential to be something amazing, but they screwed it up every step of the way. My 2 biggest complaints were the IMAX release & putting it on after Once Upon a Time instead of Agents of Shield. Also, they should’ve had some tie ins with AoS instead of doing their own thing on Hawaii.

It should've been a movie like originally planned.

It should've been a movie like originally planned.

Oh yes. But it'd have been a huge flop which would have placed it as "the red haired stepchild" of the MCU.

I really think they intentionally sank this for whatever reason.

Oh yes. But it'd have been a huge flop which would have placed it as "the red haired stepchild" of the MCU.

I really think they intentionally sank this for whatever reason.

Why would it have been a huge flop?

It wouldn't have been a flop, it just wouldn't have been made. It's frankly far more difficult to make as a movie than a TV show (and the TV show had a lot of hurdles to overcome). I think Feige would have kept punting as long as he could get away with it.

Marvel TV has an inconsistent track record and working on too many shows. Also, you can't really do much with a TV budget. Even with limited eight episodes, theycouldn't do much and resorted to balding Medusa. A literal wtf.

This series had so much potential to be something amazing, but they screwed it up every step of the way. My 2 biggest complaints were the IMAX release & putting it on after Once Upon a Time instead of Agents of Shield. Also, they should’ve had some tie ins with AoS instead of doing their own thing on Hawaii.

You think that ABC would have learned about that mini-series strategy after Agent Carter.

They just tried to be too cheap. They probably could not get an IMAX capable terrigenisis cocoon in on a short budget so the easiest visual tie in was dropped. But then the Hawaiian Inhuman mentions it to Black bolt in jail :loco: Would have been so hard to put a human mercenary in a Watchdog mask? It worked for Killmonger later

Marvel TV has an inconsistent track record and working on too many shows. Also, you can't really do much with a TV budget. Even with limited eight episodes, theycouldn't do much and resorted to balding Medusa. A literal wtf.

Supposedly they were suppose to have a really large budget for a network tv series. But it never showed on the tv series.

Kinda like on the Netflix series, they have a respectable budget of like 3-3.5 million an episode, but it's eaten so much by filming in New York.

I don't think the budget was ever announced. I had high hopes are first because there was a claim that it would boost the Hawaiian economy by $80 Million, which I read to mean their budget would be 80 Million.

I don't think the budget was ever announced. I had high hopes are first because there was a claim that it would boost the Hawaiian economy by $80 Million, which I read to mean their budget would be 80 Million.

Maybe that's what got me confused initially. Hard to imagine they pocked 80 million from that.

That's an estimate of the boost to the economy which is different from a budget. Sure it includes payments for permits, people being hired. But it also calculates things like cast and crew using Hawaiian services, businesses, restaurants, etc. And things like the show increasing tourism and encouraging other productions to film in Hawaii. It's more about the footprint the show was (optimistically) leave on Hawaii

Exactly, I had misread it and gotten very excited that this show might have $10 million per episode. I don't know how much it cost and I suspect it was more expensive than it looked given that they built sets from scratch and filmed in Hawaii with IMAX cameras, but there's absolutely no way that's what the budget was.

What was even the point of filming with IMAX cameras? It looked like cheap garbage.

What was even the point of filming with IMAX cameras? It looked like cheap garbage.
I think that IMAX theatres themselves wanted some unique content so it was an experiment for them to invest in. So all their money went into the forest hunt for the new Inhuman and everything else went cheaper than the rest of CBTV.

Because IMAX was paying them to shoot with IMAX so they could air it in an IMAX theater on Labor Day weekend. This show would not have been made without IMAX giving them money.

Even with the most expensive budget in the world, Scott Buck would somehow have still managed to make it look like cheap garbage. He simply lacks any imagination.

In an alternate world, I would be interested to see his take on Avengers: Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"