Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episode 4 Spoiler Thread

As mentioned last week, I wasn't expecting much from this episode given the "chase in a forest" setup that the previous episode seemed to be setting up, but surprisingly, this was my favorite one thus far.

I feel like I still know nothing about Baylon and Shin and what they're about, but I just realized this episode that I don't care - they're enjoyable villains to watch and that's all I need from them at present.

Kinda glad Marrok turned out to be nothing. None of those reveal theories sounded good to me.

The ending was cool, until WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE THAT?!?!?! :scream:
Yeah, I dug it. Actual character work goes so far!

I wasn't feeling Baylan too much until this week. He got a chance to do something different then look at green screen, and he took full advantage. His scene with Sabine was probably my favorite bit of non-Hera acting on the show so far.

I am interested that Marrok seemed to bleed the green smoke of Dathomir. Perhaps he returns because he belongs to the witch.

And yep. :funny:

Yeah, I dug it. Actual character work goes so far!

I wasn't feeling Baylan too much, until this week. He got a chance to do something different then look at green screen, and he took full advantage. His scene with Sabine was probably my favorite bit of non-Hera acting on the show so far.

I am interested that Marrok seemed to bleed the green smoke of Dathomir. Perhaps he returns because he belongs to the witch.

And yep. :funny:
Yeah just to be clear, when I called Marrok "nothing" I just meant, he's no one we know. The green mist definitely gave me the vibe that he's some sort of supernatural Nightsister creation. Maybe a reanimated corpse of an Inquisitor or something. Definitely intriguing and I'm sure we'll learn more, but I'm just glad he's not Ezra or Starkiller or anyone else I kept hearing being bandied about lol.

I don't get it - it's not like Hayden even looks that old IRL. De-aging him should not be nearly the substantial undertaking that de-aging, say, senior citizens would be. So why does it look like they had to rebuild him from scratch?! :huh:

Yeah just to be clear, when I called Marrok "nothing" I just meant, he's no one we know. The green mist definitely gave me the vibe that he's some sort of supernatural Nightsister creation. Maybe a reanimated corpse of an Inquisitor or something. Definitely intriguing and I'm sure we'll learn more, but I'm just glad he's not Ezra or Starkiller or anyone else I kept hearing being bandied about lol.

I don't get it - it's not like Hayden even looks that old IRL. De-aging him should not be nearly the substantial undertaking that de-aging, say, senior citizens would be. So why does it look like they had to rebuild him from scratch?! :huh:
You're tempting fate...

:o

My honest opinion is they want this all to look "uniform" as they go forward because they are planning on using these actors in the future with limited pay to them and their estates. It's their automation.

You're tempting fate...

:o

My honest opinion is they want this all to look "uniform" as they go forward because they are planning on using these actors in the future with limited pay to them and their estates. It's their automation.

That man would never be caught dead with a spinny lightsaber. He has too much style. He literally had one and broke the spinny bit on it. Why? Because he has some common ****ing sense.

That man would never be caught dead with a spinny lightsaber. He has too much style. He literally had one and broke the spinny bit on it. Why? Because he has some common ****ing sense.
True...

Do you know how upset I am now that he wasn't on Obi-Wan so we have to fudge why he doesn't know he's alive on Rebels just like the Obi-Wan/Vader stuff? :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I was just gonna say Marrok's too short, but also this! :funny:

Well that might be the most depressing thing I've read today. And certainly plausible enough.

True...

Do you know how upset I am now that he wasn't on Obi-Wan so we have to fudge why he doesn't know where he's alive on Rebels just like the Obi-Wan/Vader stuff? :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:
Absolutely would have preferred Obi-Wan running into crime boss Maul, ending with him thinking Vader got Obi-Wan and being all sad while Vader pummels him until he bails at the end of Twilight of the Apprentice to whatever we got :o

Well that was a decent episode, I guess but I kinda of expected it with the way the last episode ended.

And of course, we got memberberries.

Also, was that Rinzler guy important? it seemed too easy to kill him off.

PT elegance with OT brutality, those lightsaber fights were glorious…

GHOST

That trippy hyperspace jump //

World BETWEEN Worlds

****ing Anakin, baby.

SNIPS

…tremendous.
what-minion-what.gif

Also add one more wrinkle that needs to be explained about the Purge of Mandalore.

I wish they had saved some of that deaging Hayden money and finished the lightsabers.

The ending was cool, until WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE THAT?!?!?! :scream:
I’m hoping it’s psychological, such as his two aspects are fighting for control, and we’re seeing a blend of healthy, vital Anakin and pasty, scarred Vader. Timeframes overlap in that place, so something something plot point something. I’d really like to see that sequel trilogy Force ghost concept art of Anakin/Vader make its way to the screen.

Awesome episode

I really like Baylon. Dude doesn’t come off as a straight evil villain but just a guy doing whatever it takes to reach his goal. You can definitely tell he’s walking a line between Jedi & Sith

Damn shame that Marrok ended up being nobody but I am interested to see just WTF he was

And that last scene seeing Anakin & Ahsoka reunited in live action! Talk about ending an episode leaving us wanting more

So, it seems like the rumors about Marrok were true. Figured he'd just be a silent henchman tbh. That suits me just fine. :D

The World Between Worlds looks absolutely amazing. Very clever adaptation. I might be in the minority, but I thought Anakin here looks better than in Obi-Wan. Guess we'll see how he fares next episode.

Calculating the coordinates was a bit 'Chevron Six, encoded', but I loved the fights it resulted in. Having Sabine go with the bad guys is also a great choice.

Baylan was the MVP here.

Was cool to the see the world between worlds in live action. So I wonder if this is another Anakin from another time who pulled Ahsoka through the portal. Or is it just her force guide, maybe the owl chose an Anakin form or something. If it is another Anakin from a different time, I hope they don't try to make it seem like he learns his fate. Then still goes through with it. His original fall and then eventual redemption is fine the way it is.

I think I prefer Sabine as a Mando rather than with a lightsaber. Anyway was an interesting episode. And the fight with Marrok and Ahsoka was very samurai, one and done slash. I expect Marrok to be remade and brought back though.

The pacing of the show continues to be its weakest aspect, and it's only further aggravated by the fact that none of the characters (or actors, rather) bring any sort of energy to the proceedings. Even the characters that have been a spotlight for me (Sabine, Baylan, Shin, Huyang) are very reserved in their nature. So what you're left with is a story moving along at a snail's pace with characters that seem to just be sleepwalking their way through. Just a very low-energy show all around. The only one who's really brought any sort of genuine personality has been Hera, but her appearances are too few and far between to help matters much.

Also, I hereby dub thee Mannequin Skywalker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"