Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episode 8 Spoiler Thread

This season really just sputtered at the end. Felt like 2/3s of a longer season without the finale.

Also just to be clear, I was all in by like episode 5.

Hit the nail on the head. The finale didn’t feel like a finale other than Ahsoka getting a final battle with Morgan. We should have gotten SOME resolution with whatever Baylan is up to. Instead, we just got him staring at a mountain in the distance.

Anyway, side note here… I’m not sure how I feel about Star Wars going full on fantasy with witches and magic and all that. I know that it’s always been a fantasy sci-fi series but (at least in live action) it just had the Force as being the source of supernatural abilities. I know that Rebels and maybe some of the other animated shows incorporated additional fantasy elements and they are canon, but I also feel like you can get away with some stuff in animation that just feels out of place in live action. As someone who didn’t watch Rebels, I was a bit confused when the three witches showed up and started doing all kinds of Hocus Pocus stuff. I had to ask a friend whether they were using the Force or some other power because that all seemed to kinda come out of left field. I have to think that there are other more casual SW fans who felt the same way.

Hit the nail on the head. The finale didn’t feel like a finale other than Ahsoka getting a final battle with Morgan. We should have gotten SOME resolution with whatever Baylan is up to. Instead, we just got him staring at a mountain in the distance.

Anyway, side note here… I’m not sure how I feel about Star Wars going full on fantasy with witches and magic and all that. I know that it’s always been a fantasy sci-fi series but (at least in live action) it just had the Force as being the source of supernatural abilities. I know that Rebels and maybe some of the other animated shows incorporated additional fantasy elements and they are canon, but I also feel like you can get away with some stuff in animation that just feels out of place in live action. As someone who didn’t watch Rebels, I was a bit confused when the three witches showed up and started doing all kinds of Hocus Pocus stuff. I had to ask a friend whether they were using the Force or some other power because that all seemed to kinda come out of left field. I have to think that there are other more casual SW fans who felt the same way.
I think it's more of a Clone Wars thing, than Rebels.
But yes, I hate it too. It has nothing to do with Star Wars (to me).

I think it's more of a Clone Wars thing, than Rebels.
But yes, I hate it too. It has nothing to do with Star Wars (to me).

I’m not even sure if I hate it, I just find it kind of odd when it’s thrown in like that with little to no explanation. No disrespect to the fans who have watched all of Clone Wars and Rebels, but I would wager than the majority of people watching Ahsoka haven’t seen all of those shows and so at the very least, it would be a good idea to provide some insight into what other powers exist in Star Wars besides the Force. Or if magic is some aspect of the Force, then that needs to be more clearly defined.

Ever since Mortis, I have all been about making the Force weird again. I mean, we just got Palpatine force lightning a whole fleet in live action, we going super weird.

LOL, fair point. But TROS just kinda felt like Abrams just pulling ideas out of his ass to try and course correct. So while it is canon, I just try to forget it exists.

I mean Last Jedi introduced Force teleportation transporting actual matter across the galaxy.

Seems the Force can do literally whatever you want it to do whenever you need it ;)

Maxie big da Force.

Yeah, but I'd still say there's a difference between that, and witches doing green magic, making zombies and stuff. I mean, if people like it, that's fair, it just has nothing to do with Star Wars to me.

I really enjoyed this series, but it definitely felt like they needed another 2-3 episodes to flesh things out. The ending in particular felt really rushed....

I also wasn't a fan of Sabine using the force and then basically mastering it in the span of minutes. I felt like she was so much more interesting as a Jedi who wasn't able to tap into the Force, but was using her Mando skills to help keep her on par (or close to) with those who are more powerful.

I really enjoyed this series, but it definitely felt like they needed another 2-3 episodes to flesh things out. The ending in particular felt really rushed....

I also wasn't a fan of Sabine using the force and then basically mastering it in the span of minutes. I felt like she was so much more interesting as a Jedi who wasn't able to tap into the Force, but was using her Mando skills to help keep her on par (or close to) with those who are more powerful.
Did she master it?

I feel like pushing and pulling are base level Jedi stuff. Ahsoka being able to read the scene of Sabine giving the orb is mastery level.

Did she master it?

I feel like pushing and pulling are base level Jedi stuff. Ahsoka being able to read the scene of Sabine giving the orb is mastery level.
I mean, she went from having zero force ability to pulling a lightsaber to force pushing someone a significant distance. And all of this happens so quickly. It feels so contradictory to everything that came in the episodes before regarding her connection to the force. It felt convenient, not earned.

I mean, she had been trained. Hell, I imagine she even listened in on Ezra and Kanan. Being trained and accessing the Force are different things. As evidence by the various times she tried to used but couldn't, she seems to understand the basics.

I mean, she had been trained. Hell, I imagine she even listened in on Ezra and Kanan. Being trained and accessing the Force are different things. As evidence by the various times she tried to used but couldn't, she seems to understand the basics.
Yep. She's had far more training than Luke got pre-Dagobah and look what he was able to pull off. I thought they did a great job at showing her developing skills. It's the personal stuff that they dropped the ball on. Like... 8 episodes of alluding to her and Ahsoka falling out only for what went down to be revealed via Huyang exposition and now they're all good despite never talking about it?

I mean, she went from having zero force ability to pulling a lightsaber to force pushing someone a significant distance. And all of this happens so quickly. It feels so contradictory to everything that came in the episodes before regarding her connection to the force. It felt convenient, not earned.
Night Mother 1: "The ship is departing too quickly. Our brainwashed spy won't make it aboard."
Night Mother 2: "And now he's about to do something dumb that will ruin our plan."
Night Mother 3: "Let's give him a boost and let everyone believe Sabine did it."

Star Wars has a tradition of the villains tricking the heroes (the Falcon's escape in IV, the assault on the Death Star in VI, the Emperor's plan for Rey in IX). It's a campy tradition, but it's supposed to be. I could see there being more of that, especially when Thrawn is involved.

I mean that feels like standard Star Wars lore.

“Use the force Luke” to a guy who has never piloted an X-Wing but is about to run a trench and blast a port without a targeting system in the middle of a fire fight,

It’s about some level of trusting in the force in a moment of need. That you let go of what you can’t do and just do it. Sabine‘s friends needed her more than she needed to rise to being a Jedi Knight or finishing her trining and she trusted in the force.

I'm not going to get into the weeds about Force powers. Force powers are weird, and the Force can really do anything you need it to do.

My real problem was the lack of Zeb and Zeb NEVER showing up this season. To have Zeb appear in Mandalorian S3 and NOT this show was bad. This is Zeb's family we are talking about. Also, he literally works for the New Republic. How would he not show up to help Hera?

Does anyone who has watched Rebels have a say on this? It feels weird to me. They had all these minor characters from Rebels show up, and pretty much everyone EXCEPT Zeb, who has already appeared in live action. It's like they were practically setting up Zeb to be in this season.

I mean, they had 2 show up in the premiere, one didn't have really any role in the scene, and the other, well is Clancy Brown. Xiono is actually not a Rebels character. He actually had more screen time here than in Resistance.

I'm not particularly concerned about Zeb not showing up. I'm now sure how you would fit him in without it being just for fanservice. I mean, some of the Hera stuff was already like that.

I mean, they had 2 show up in the premiere, one didn't have really any role in the scene, and the other, well is Clancy Brown. Xiono is actually not a Rebels character. He actually had more screen time here than in Resistance.

I'm not particularly concerned about Zeb not showing up. I'm now sure how you would fit him in without it being just for fanservice. I mean, some of the Hera stuff was already like that.
Bro, the whole show is fan service. :funny:

Yeah, I get the criticisms about the finale being underwhelming. I found it the same but overall I really enjoyed this show.

Personally, I don't find witches and zombie storm trooper that out of whack in a universe that has a mystical force with a connection to all living things. I would absolutely watch a 2nd season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"