Reaction score
Last week on the Mandalorian:

Second chances,
8188f7dbeba652f8a9cf3806156f7f7c80535587.gifv

respectful staring,
541f65cef3bbe72f6707058c0afdfa0e931a6786.gifv

and an ungrateful squatter.
c0c465ada74e4c3a922288cff855f651352a878c.gifv

And now time for episode 7 of Thrawn, Wrath of the Force...

eba71660e3f1441470f90e99191975846e48d200.gifv

8171b47cd566f0a754758764e510f6c7cc123851.gifv

I respect the respectful staring. :cwink: (watched it on loop a fair few times :D )

Thrawn and Ezra to pick up the baton and properly get this show on the road.

The 7th episode was filler. Amazing.

- Still like Sabine.

- Dig hippie Ezra. Actor isn't great, but the vibe is right. Though I think it's absolutely hilarious that all he needed was the Force and then he picked up a blaster.

- Dawson is the worst actor in Star Wars history.

- All the hype for Thrawn's troopers and they're just generic Stormies in battle.

- Worst lightsaber fights in Star Wars? Yes.

I didn’t expect to see Ezra fighting with just the Force. Together with Sabine with blaster and saber, I could get used to that. :cool:

You know that dream you have sometimes where you try to run, but you can't make any forward progress because it feels like you're stuck in molasses? That's what the title of this episode is referring to.

You know that dream you have sometimes where you try to run, but you can't make any forward progress because it feels like you're stuck in molasses? That's what the title of this episode is referring to.
It's so weird how this show refuses to progress in any meaningful way. You could watch episodes 1, 4, and 6, and not missed any plot development. The show is a few bits of plot and character work, strung together by 50/50 action scenes, in terms of whether they should exist.

I genuinely don't know what else more to say about this series. Every episode so far as pretty much been the same thing over and over. Just a boring slog of crap. It's trying so hard to be this cool, deep, and grand story but has no sense of urgency to do anything with its story. Filoni is content to just keep floating with filler because he knows this is going to either have a second season or will be followed up by the movie. 45 minute penultimate episode and we've achieved what? A reunion? Okay, sure.

There really is no saving Dawson at this point. Can anyone tell me what she does well? Her acting is as monotones as a factory job. She can't move in the costume so her choreography looks slower than Sir Alec Guinness ever did. The character is by far the worst in the series despite being the namesake. There's just nothing there to grasp on to.

Thank god for Sabine though. It's just a damn shame she has to be wasted in this. The only positive take away from this series is I've fallen in love with Bordizzo. She's just

tumblr_mgvgqvY63z1qhansmo2_400.gif

Last edited:
Thrawn is still wack. And my point from last week still remains. He located Ahsoka in a debris field with magic but Ezra escaped him for how long?

This episode lost momentum. They definitely needed to show Baylan’s move.

it would be cool if Shin becomes Ahsoka’s apprentice.

I genuinely don't know what else more to say about this series. Every episode so far as pretty much been the same thing over and over. Just a boring slog of crap. It's trying so hard to be this cool, deep, and grand story but has no sense of urgency to do anything with its story. Filoni is content to just keep floating with filler because he knows this is going to either have a second season or will be followed up by the movie. 45 minute penultimate episode and we've achieved what? A reunion? Okay, sure.

There really is no saving Dawson at this point. What can anyone tell me what she does well? Her acting is as monotones as a factory job. She can't move in the costume so her choreography looks slower than Sir Alec Guinness ever did. The character is by far the worst in the series despite being the namesake. There's just nothing there to grasp on to.

Thank god for Sabine though. It's just a damn shame she has to be wasted in this. The only positive take away from this series is I've fallen in love with Bordizzo. She's just

tumblr_mgvgqvY63z1qhansmo2_400.gif
Natasha and MEW have made this whole endeavor worth it. Well them and getting to see Mikkelsen as Mads in live action.

Last edited:
Thrawn is still wack. And my point from last week still remains. He located Ahsoka in a debris field with magic but Ezra escaped him for how long?

This episode lost momentum. They definitely needed to show Baylan’s move.

it would be cool if Shin becomes Ahsoka’s apprentice.
Shin would be better off with Ezra as a master.

The 7th episode was filler. Amazing.

- Still like Sabine.

- Dig hippie Ezra. Actor isn't great, but the vibe is right. Though I think it's absolutely hilarious that all he needed was the Force and then he picked up a blaster.

- Dawson is the worst actor in Star Wars history.

- All the hype for Thrawn's troopers and they're just generic Stormies in battle.

- Worst lightsaber fights in Star Wars? Yes.
Muab'Aladdin forgot his Crysknife in his pod.

It's a fair point, because the witches found Ahsoka the second she reached out to Sabine, but they couldn't find Ezra when he was supposedly training in the Force the entire time?

It just feels like the show doesn't have any reasonable backstory for what happened during their exile, so their attitude is "shh, don't worry about it. It doesn't matter". Which is fair enough, but it should at least be internally consistent.

It's a fair point, because the witches found Ahsoka the second she reached out to Sabine, but they couldn't find Ezra when he was supposedly training in the Force the entire time?

It just feels like the show doesn't have any reasonable backstory for what happened during their exile, so their attitude is "shh, don't worry about it. It doesn't matter". Which is fair enough, but it should at least be internally consistent.
All the fan theories about Ezra make more sense then what actually happened to him. Unless the idea was that Ezra was bait.

All the fan theories about Ezra make more sense then what actually happened to him. Unless the idea was that Ezra was bait.

We can add it to the list of loose threads still left dangling, which will all surely be resolved in the 140 minute long finale.

Or a season two that airs in 2026.

Shin would be better off with Ezra as a master.
Ezra doesn’t know her.

Ahsoka and Baylan have a similar outlook on Jedi and why they left. So it would make more sense for Shin to gravitate towards her. Plus Ashoka’s new outlook on life fits better.

Really this episode should have been Thrawn’s departure vs the choice of going after Sabine. Paralleling the choice at Seatos that Ahsoka was disappointed in Sabine making.

Ezra doesn’t know her.

Ahsoka and Baylan have a similar outlook on Jedi and why they left. So it would make more sense for Shin to gravitate towards her. Plus Ashoka’s new outlook on life fits better.

Really this episode should have been Thrawn’s departure vs the choice of going after Sabine. Paralleling the choice at Seatos that Ahsoka was disappointed in Sabine making.
Neither does Ahsoka.

Coming up with a backstory requires actual work and world building which we don't do here. We just sit around and wait for the next thing to happen.

Ezra did not have a slingshot. Terrible episode. 0/10 Disgrace Filloni.

Frankly, the pacing isn't surprising me. You have to remember how the CW was paced once they moved into 3-4 episode arcs. Which sometimes worked. And sometimes, you got 4 episodes with Jar Jar for some reason. The problem is coming from him trying to make the arcs a smaller part of a bigger arc. Which, you kind of got in Clone Wars. But its clear it is having issues when you try to make that bigger arc your show. I mean, when its obvious by episode 3 that this has a 2 season plan, you may need to rethink how you are making TV.

EDIT: Also, STOP TRYING TO HAVE PEOPLE RUN ON VOLUME.

But she does know Baylan. And has seen him in action and how he manipulates.

So her “I can help you” makes more sense from her.
And Ezra knows Ahsoka. None of that is knowing Shin. Also, how well does she know Baylan? Because when they met, it was as if it was the first time.

Ahsoka has an apprentice. Unless she's going to upgrade to Luke or Ezra herself.

I am a little bummed that the Night Troopers turned out to be just regular dudes who have a flair for red accents. An undead magic army had a neat hook to it.
Aren’t Night sister zombies just resurrected people?

So they would still be bad shots right?:basicgrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"