Reaction score
Last week on Nothing Really Matters Anymore:

A logical authoritarian,
c7a0118677b2762915e57cf62a24e9e4a4823f80.gifv

a violent hippie,
63c7b630eba43d6e35908aa74981613dede2044b.gifv

and a very calm anarchist.

988ece9e8a10cc4905e6e2d51d55da0c12b52c39.gifv

Now time for Episode 8 of One True Pairing...

7005bfc8b5180865dc86484baf4c7d6d7bf36324.gifv

Ezra making a lightsaber. Automatically the best episode of the show. And it's going to be like Kanan's.

It's blue, and it's basically Kanan's! 10/10!

Though hilarious after he basically said he didn't need a lightsaber last episode.

My major takeaways:

- I like live action Sabine, Ezra, and Hera. The actors "get it". Thrawn is a given.

- Dawson is the worst major character actor in Star Wars history. Which covers a lot of ground.

- Really good music.

- It's weird how much this show depends on you knowing lore form shows with combined over 200 episodes. But even then, nothing meaty.

- This is the worst shot Star Wars project, with the worst stunt work in Star Wars history.

- There was no progress, with well over 4 hours of television.

- Force Ghost Anakin is still a perv.

I don't really know what else to say about this show that I haven't already. Every week was basically insulting me with the same writing issues. No energy, no direction, no reason to be invested. Such a waste of time. You would've thought this was season 4 based on how it's written. The pacing was terrible, and the ending is an unearned cliffhanger.

Natasha Liu Bordizzo could ruin me though, so I guess I'll see you all again in two years once season 2 comes around. She's the only thing of importance I didn't hate. MEW was great in her limited time. Totally underutilized.

That was unsatisfying in a weird way.

Like I liked everything that happened but it wasn‘t earned.

Like if the Noti weren‘t going to fight, why is Team Ahsoka crawling in her much faster space ship to stop Thrawn?

Baylan left Shin for what if she wasn’t going to get back?
So Baylan is after another entry point to the spirit world.. I mean WBW.

why would Thrawn not just awaken the night troopers at the attack scene last episode than wait for Ahsoka to get all the way back to the ship.

Not sure what the point of Force ghost Anakin was. She took a huge L for now. Compared to the OT trilogy or the Last Jedi, Force ghost don’t really show up mid fight unless it’s to help by saying something.

6ddAgvW.gif

Can't remember the last time I watched a season of television that was this stagnant after 8 episodes and it was full of characters with zero personality or interest and cookie-cutter dialogue.

Was this the worst SW show? No. Was it the best? f*** no. I hate to say it, but is Dave Filoni the SW version of Zack Snyder?

I'm really disappointed I didn't like this more. I figured it'd be a stronger written season than this. Bordizzo, MEW, Mikkelsen, and Stevenson all do a good job, but Dawson is a terrible lead. Most of the show is just... nothing happening. There's some interesting setup here, but it all seems like "stick around and maybe in the future we'll do interesting things." There were moments in this episode where I felt like I could glimpse what this show could have been, moments where it felt like things clicked for just a brief few seconds. Unfortunately, that's the most I got.

Can't remember the last time I watched a season of television that was this stagnant after 8 episodes and it was full of characters with zero personality or interest and cookie-cutter dialogue.

Was this the worst SW show? No. Was it the best? f*** no. I hate to say it, but is Dave Filoni the SW version of Zack Snyder?
Snyder doesn’t know how to make likeable human characters. Filoni isn’t that bad.

The force jump was a great scene but it was staged weird. Like there’s no tension. Zombies should be a slam dunk easy to ramp up tension but no. The staging just zaps the energy of the scene.

People hate on the Last Jedi, floating Leia aside, but those scenes had tension.

Well now I expect Sam Witwer to reprise his role after that reveal of the stone monuments. Anyone think the lightsabers looked off? Seemed like they forgot to animate the blades sometimes. At some points it just looked like stunt sabers, or ones you can buy online. The blades didn't have a real emission effect.

Well now I expect Sam Witwer to reprise his role after that reveal of the stone monuments. Anyone think the lightsabers looked off? Seemed like they forgot to animate the blades sometimes. At some points it just looked like stunt sabers, or ones you can buy online. The blades didn't have a real emission effect.
There have been several variations that I’ve noticed over the years. The kind that emit so much light they cut through the dark. Skinny blades, fatter blades, etc.

Well, I loved the show! So all of you guys can
1696391105936.gif

In all seriousness, I have very little experience with Rebels or Clone Wars. I only have a vague familiarity from my sons watching it. But it was just too many episodes for me to get into them.

But I loved this show.

Makes me wonder if having no background or preconceptions actually helps in this case.

It was fun to see the Jedi reenacting how fans go through supermarket doors.

I guess the "O" in the title card represents the star map centred on the pillar, not the ship connected to the ring.

I’m disappointed that Sabine has standard Force powers. I thought she’d be a different type of Jedi.

Ezra gets a new helmet for his collection.

This was the most Star Wars feeling thing for me in quite a while. I enjoyed the spirit of the show for sure. Far from perfect, but I do think it goes deep if you pay attention (absolutely love Eric Voss's analysis of the series), and using the show as a vehicle to expand the Star Wars Universe for the foreseeable future is interesting. I am curious not only where this goes (let's face it, we know where this leads to given the film announcement and the fact that the new trilogy exists), but more so for the next iteration of Star Wars. The show has actually made me excited for a new age of Star Wars and what a new galaxy can open it up to, if that is indeed the plan. Time will tell.

I also get that this show isn't what some wanted, but I can say the same of Andor for myself as I find it the most boring thing I've seen. Not the worst mind you (the cinematography, sets, designs, etc are all EXCELLENT), but I can't get attached to any character on that show, nor did I for Rogue One (which is my least favorite film, and RLM's take on it is exactly how I feel). If you can't sell me on the characters, then I don't care no matter how good or bad the show/film is. I never watched any of the animated content, but was able to appreciate and enjoy the characters in Ahsoka very much. Baylan was definitely my favorite, and the loss of Ray hits harder now.

Again, I'm sad to see the amount of negativity on the boards, but that extends outside of SW for sure here over the last few years and why I've been very inactive. Oh well.

Until some time in the future, regardless of how you feel about this show, may the force be with you.

Not sure what the point of Force ghost Anakin was. She took a huge L for now. Compared to the OT trilogy or the Last Jedi, Force ghost don’t really show up mid fight unless it’s to help by saying something.
Mortis stuff, would be my guess, since Anakin and Ahsoka are both connected to those beings, and with the owl making an appearance.

I am starting to think that this isn't Anakin. You would think Anakin would be hanging around with Luke. You know, his son and the one that helped to redeem him. Not his old padawan. Child ranks higher than padawan.

With that bit about Ezra’s and Kanan’s lightsabers having twin emitters, there has to be an epic confrontation in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"