An extremely blunt droid,
d26183d6a75280ccf51242b5bd3139afb7cb4274.gifv

real Star Wars sibling energy,
0b25dd8fbe6586ea874f8c94a82e7defd21832e5.gifv

and pure terror.
f48597b2ec1d5eb0e54b460cefb428f67c474bde.gifv

Now, Episode 3 of, Only Qui-Gon Died...

9261d786a8133f738ff0b9da3d038a810d547b75.gifv

Very excited but I'm fading fast. Might have to wait till tomorrow to see it.

Liked this episode, outside of the very dumb space walk/battle. But man, the pacing on this show is whack. Not Boba bad, but not far off. The plotting on this show is bad and leading to not much happens episode to episode.

There are a lot of scenes on this show that are just riffs on OT stuff. After years of making animated content, Filoni's first three episodes is just riffs for way too much of the time. Hell, he even stole from JJ for this one.

124.gif

Thought it was hilarious that Ahsoka had a costume made jump suit based on her Rebels. Didn't hate it (looked fake, but most armor on these shows do), but who made it for her? :hehe:

Really, really, really liked the Hera stuff. Mom Mothma felt so wooden compared to her Andor appearances, but MEW was great. Loved seeing Jacen, even if they human washed him.

This was certainly an episode of a show. Sabine wore a cool looking helmet, and a nice outfit to go a long with it so... at least it had that going for it? Might have also had the most embarrassingly bad dogfight in the series. This show is kind of shameless with how badly it's ripping off other better Star Wars, and also somehow outdid George with the obvious WW2 influence.

For an 8 episode show, things need to start happening.

Rosario Dawson physicality might be the worst I've seen in Star Wars, and I've sene 80 year old dudes as Sith Lords. She moves like an 100 year old person with spinal stenosis. The way she moved around that cockpit "at speed" was... she knows this is a physical character, right? She's playing the lead in an action show?

MEW as Hera feels like the most natural casting choice here. I like Bordizzo as Sabine too, but Hera feels the most like I'm picking up with that characer I know. The space fight wasn't as cool as it probably seemed in concept, the dogfight in particular being flat. I liked the training stuff. Overall, I mean.... it was an episode. I was left with the question of "that's it?" It felt very lightweight.

This is what's been irritating me about the Star Wars shows (save for Andor). They have eight episodes that are 30-45 minutes each (at best), and they allow themselves to meander about with filler content and scenes that run way too long. This episode was effectively one giant chase scene that wasn't even all that engaging to watch. Come on.

I suppose we will get to the meat of the story in episode 6, and then they'll blow through the last 2 episodes to set up S2 and that will be it. Sounds swell. You almost have to prefer movies at this point. At least they force discipline and urgency of storytelling.

Don't mistake me. There are things in here that I am liking (the characters mainly), but let's keep the story moving please.

Last edited:
Damn I really thought this episode was gonna end with them somehow following that thing to the other galaxy. Not really looking forward to a "cat and mouse in the forest" episode. Those kinds of eps are fine when you've got 15-22 episodes to work with, but dammit Filoni, we've only got 8 here! Get moving! :argh:

On the one hand, I liked some of the visuals in this episode a lot. But on the other, that dogfight fell mostly flat. So mixed bag in the directing department.

I'm finding what I'm really liking in this show are the quieter, character-centric moments. Like the training in the beginning. So far, the action scenes are what I find most lacking. Even though there are cool moments sprinkled into those action scenes here and there, there's not enough to warrant their length.

I like how they're building up the importance of Thrawn before introducing him, because there's a huge portion of the audience who has no idea who that is. Hopefully he delivers when they finally get to him.

Marrok is definitely someone we know, right? That just feels like a reveal waiting to happen.

Glad to see im not the only one feeling kinda off about this one.

Like I could here Dave narrating the episode in my head, it oozes soo much of his specific SW style.

I like Sabine and Hera but Rosario is just kinda flat at the moment. Like im not digging this mysterious aloof vibe from her. But we're seeing it starting to crack...and im sure once Anakin decides to Ghost in her shell will break.

Still not sure which side of the fence I fall onto in regards to Sabine learning the Force. I like the idea concept of someone who isn't inherently Force Sensitive learning how to use...but im not sure Sabine is the right choice for that story. BUT they're not half assing the story so Im not complaining.

I do think something needs to REALLY jumpstart things next issue. Or its going to be a BLOATED back half of the season.

I enjoyed the episode especially the second half and the training stuff at the beginning was pretty cool, but IMO Hera is easily the biggest standout in this show so far especially after this episode.

I guess it just goes to show you how talented MEW as an actress even under all that make-up and prosthetics but man it really does feel like she's bringing the most personality and energy to this show.

Outside of Ray Stevenson's character she's like the only other character in this show that I actually find pretty interesting to watch and I'm not even all familiar with her character.

Hopefully, things pick-up in the next episode though.

This is what's been irritating me about the Star Wars shows (save for Andor). They have eight episodes that are 30-45 minutes each (at best), and they allow themselves to meander about with filler content and scenes that run way too long. This episode was effectively one giant chase scene that wasn't even all that engaging to watch. Come on.

I suppose we will get to the meat of the story in episode 6, and then they'll blow through the last 2 episodes to set up S2 and that will be it. Sounds swell. You almost have to prefer movies at this point. At least they force discipline and urgency of storytelling.

Don't mistake me. There are things in here I am liking (the characters mainly). But let's keep the story moving please.

I think the issue with the pacing is that this is a more serialized story than Mando. You can get away with slightly meandering one and done episodes. I really was enjoying the slower, more character focused moments of the first two episodes. I think we needed a little bit more time with Ahsoka and Sabine getting back into the swing of things, or even just more Huyang telling Sabine how much of a ****ty Jedi she is. Hell, more Baylen and Shin (no Filoni, I am not indulging your wolf fetish).

Jacen made the jump to live-action pretty well. It was also cool to see the Purgill, and this episode does have the last bit of context clues people who didn't watch Rebels kinda needed. Didn't mind the spacewalk at all. The episode was a bit slower than I was hoping for though.

Sabine's direction has taken some getting used to, but the execution was really good here. Glad they didn't try to instantly turn her into a Jedi. Enjoyed seeing the teamwork between her and Ahsoka as well. Didn't work out until she stopped trying to train her. Overall, this was really a slower episode of Rebels.

Edit: Oh and those Huyang training blade things were really awesome. Loved that.

Last edited:
I like that the explanation of the force is back to how it was in the Original Trilogy. I liked seeing what kind of looked like hologram tatami mats being cut. The show continues with the samurai theme. Ahsoka seems better when she is fully CGI, I guess because it is basically just the animated version made real. The movement of the CG version is better.

The show seems to really make a point to show Sabine struggle with the training, and flat out say she is one of the worst in the last episodes. So they really want to avoid any Rey comparisons. I just like seeing all the Jedi training.

I don't know why but the force explanation from the OT seemed to me to open up the force to everyone. The explanation from the prequels just brought up too many questions. Like can someone acquire more midichlorians from blood transfusions and then become powerful. The OT version is just simple, you train and you can become stronger.

Overall I liked the episode, was cool to see the space whales. Seeing the shot of the Fleet just reminded me of scenes from the clone wars when we would hear Tom Kane narrate.

Once again, this show is a disappointment. 30 Minutes and nothing really happened. A pure waste of time. This is not about giving the scene "breathing room", this is about having enough viewership minutes for D+. There was nothing engaging , not even in the scene with Ahsoka floating around in space. I'm just glad "for now" that Sabine isn't a know-it-all-brat, and there were small sign of her what her actual character should be like in this episode - based on Rebels of course. When I say small, I mean really small. It's incredible sad, that even with Sabine training and Jacen showing up, there's not even a hint of Kanan. It's like he never existed, Sabine doesn't even mention once, that she had actual lightsaber training, with the bloody Dark Saber! Ugh, it's like Filoni is literally forgetting his own previous show. Purrgils showing up is another thing. I can understand if, Grogu doesn't know what he's seeing while in Mando's ship, but Sabine?

In the finale of rebels this is what is said about the Whales before transporting Thrawn and Ezra into Hyperspace...

Hera: When they glow like that...

Sabine: They're about to jump into Hyperspace!

Hera: Ezra get out of there right now!

With that in mind, Sabine should be ecstatic, that she knows these creatures! It's one step closer to Ezra! Ahsoka should be in this journey for Thrawn and Sabine for Ezra, However, what could have been a compelling scene, is undercut with a useless dogfight into nothingness with a floating Ahsoka. Overall, three episodes in, and nothing amazing has happened, and I grow weary of the fact, that we'll see Thrawn only at the end. It feels more and more, like this show, should have been done in animation.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it mostly, but felt the ending was abrupt and agree its being drawn out too long

also agree that the dogfight was really flat and boring

So which Senator is going to be an Empire sympathizer?

Hmm, yeah not a whole lot’s happening and it feels like a build up to when other characters arrive on the scene. I’m still enjoying seeing the Rebels characters in live action for now, but they need to turn the engines on from next episode.

To me this was an episode that I could have held off on watching until next week since it was short filler. I didn't really have too many issues with it.

Rosario Dawson physicality might be the worst I've seen in Star Wars, and I've sene 80 year old dudes as Sith Lords. She moves like an 100 year old person with spinal stenosis. The way she moved around that cockpit "at speed" was... she knows this is a physical character, right? She's playing the lead in an action show?
Heavy is the head that wears the tails. :o Seriously, how much does that thing weigh if it's limiting her movement?

Heavy is the head that wears the tails. :o Seriously, how much does that thing weigh if it's limiting her movement?

Its a combination of her outfit and the headdress. It limits what you can do with Rosario, and even stunt people. It makes it extremely awkward to do the acrobatic moves we are used to from animated Ahsoka.

I think if we were getting a less serialized story, the length of the episode would not have been as much of an issue. It can work with Mando, if you give us a complete little episodic adventure. That isn't happening here. A few more character moments would have been really helpful. Still enjoying the series and the episode, but I think complete freedom on episode runtimes is creating some issues.

It has been a banner year for workout clothes in sci-fi. I encourage the trend to continue.

Good to get continued confirmation of Sabine's lack of Force sensitivity. I do enjoy Huyang continuing to call Sabine a **** Jedi. Fun call back to the masters of her master, though. Sabine with the cup was cute, probably a common occurence in the Star Wars galaxy.

Did not expect Huyang to go Greivious mode.

Good to see they made... decisions in bringing Jacen to live action. Though, uhhh, letting Chopper babysit him may not be the best decision Hera.

Ahh, Senator Xiono. Apparently been a jerk for a long time. And gotta remember, his son isn't born yet. Also, don't get to excited about what you would hope be the eventual fate of the senator from Hosnian Prime. Still, happy to see Resistance acknowledged. Would love to see Colossus Station show up., even if it is much too early for the Aces to show up.

The big problem with the space battle was it was far too stationary. We have kind of moved beyond the relatively stable ship with a gunner type starship battle. Ahsoka doing the space walk was very, very Filoni from the TCW, though. Even if it didn't look amazing. Star Wars continues to insist on depicting space as this flat black with dots of light. It just looks like a screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"