Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

l liked the underwater scenes in the first one. It looked like there was no surface at all they were so deep in the ocean. The visuals looked good. I liked the armor, and architecture of the underwater civilizations. That is all I am expecting this time as well. So that is the bar for me. I don't really care about the story for this particular hero. I just like the spectacle of this world, especially in a huge imax version. It just reminds me of the old documentaries they used to show when IMAX first was a thing, like ring of fire and such. Just a visual treat.

This looks like a ton of fun! Lots of cool visuals and action like the first one. The early test screenings were saying this movie was "boring" and maybe the trailer is being misleading but this looks packed to the brim with beautiful action.

"I'm a husband and a father" but no scenes of the wife/baby momma until a blink and youhi miss it shot of her...what a mess

Basically they made it seem like all Mera was good for was giving Arrhur a kid and then being totally absent. Not a good look

"I'm a husband and a father" but no scenes of the wife/baby momma until a blink and youhi miss it shot of her...what a mess

Basically they made it seem like all Mera was good for was giving Arrhur a kid and then being totally absent. Not a good look

I don't know why we're criticizing WB for keeping Heard hidden. She is very much a polarizing figure these days and after The Flash, they are no doubt thankful they can keep Mera's presence to a minimum in the marketing materials.

All that being said, I think this looks good and I'm convinced it'll have a very healthy box office run.

I don't know why we're criticizing WB for keeping Heard hidden. She is very much a polarizing figure these days and after The Flash, they are no doubt thankful they can keep Mera's presence to a minimum in the marketing materials.

All that being said, I think this looks good and I'm convinced it'll have a very healthy box office run.

Because they still cut a trailer together that opened them up to it.

If you show her once, might as well show her twice in a family bonding scene about a guy talking about his wife and kid.

I'm slowly realizing I've become so desensitized to those big action set pieces... It's all one big computer blob for me. It's just so boring.
The only thing I did like are the small glimpses of Wan's horror roots, much like in the first one.

Its all about style to me. Ive become desensitized to cgi battles too unless theres a unique LOOK to it and Wan seems to have a dynamic sense of style to his action that I'm really grooving to.

Because they still cut a trailer together that opened them up to it.

If you show her once, might as well show her twice in a family bonding scene about a guy talking about his wife and kid.

Eh... she won't be coming back, so I don't care what they do with her or her character in marketing materials.

I'm here for Momoa and Kidman, mostly.

Eh... she won't be coming back, so I don't care what they do with her or her character in marketing materials.

I'm here for Momoa and Kidman, mostly.

None of them will be coming back of this likely flops.

But either way, don't be mad if people scrutinize how they go about advertising the film if you don't care what they do w/her in marketing material.

None of them will be coming back of this likely flops.

But either way, don't be mad if people scrutinize how they go about advertising the film if you don't care what they do w/her in marketing material.

I'm never mad. I just think it's strange that people are acting shocked about this. Heard was never going to feature prominently in the marketing of this film.

It very much sounds like a film about Fathers/Brothers anyway.

Solid trailer. Black Manta looks menacing. Reminds me of Kilmonger from Black Panther. I wonder how dark this movie is going to be. Manta has done some bad things to Aquaman in the comics.

Too bad about Mera to me next to Wonder Woman, she is the best on screen female movie hero. Mera’s powers are incredible. I don’t think WB wants another Ezra Miller PR disaster. This movie has a chance to do well at the box office over the Holidays.

The trailer was better than I was expecting. Hopefully I’ll be able to enjoy this one as much as the first, despite all the production issues we’ve been hearing about.

The trailer was better than I was expecting. Hopefully I’ll be able to enjoy this one as much as the first, despite all the production issues we’ve been hearing about.
People seem to be afraid to like this movie because of the last 3 DC disasters. I think Wan/Mamoa combination is going to carry it.

Solid trailer. Black Manta looks menacing. Reminds me of Kilmonger from Black Panther. I wonder how dark this movie is going to be. Manta has done some bad things to Aquaman in the comics.

Too bad about Mera to me next to Wonder Woman, she is the best on screen female movie hero. Mera’s powers are incredible. I don’t think WB wants another Ezra Miller PR disaster. This movie has a chance to do well at the box office over the Holidays.
I’m expecting a solid performance from Yahya. Hopefully he can take Manta to deeper and darker places in this one. He should get some big roles going forward too.

People seem to be afraid to like this movie because of the last 3 DC disasters. I think Wan/Mamoa combination is going to carry it.
For me my worry was if Wan wasn’t allowed to do what he wanted, but hopefully there is enough of his best on show here. Momoa will be fun to watch either way.

After multiple flops they had to cut the budget somewhere. The realized that keep buying new bed sheets was an unnecessary expense :yawn:

I’m expecting a solid performance from Yahya. Hopefully he can take Manta to deeper and darker places in this one. He should get some big roles going forward too.

His acting skills are always a Wonder, Man.

Black Manta was one of my favorite things about the first movie so seeing more of that character can only be a HUGE plus IMO and I can't wait to see what Yahya brings to the table here.

I really do love the look of that character and how Wan handled his action sequences. Say what you will about that first movie, but it had some of the best action out of any comic-book/superhero film.

I also love that we are getting more Nicole Kidman and Patrick Wilson.

I'm never mad. I just think it's strange that people are acting shocked about this. Heard was never going to feature prominently in the marketing of this film.

It very much sounds like a film about Fathers/Brothers anyway.

People have pointed out the apparent. He talks about being a husband and father. We don't see him being a husband or with his wife/son.

Dont want to show that in the trailer? Dont use that voiceover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"