Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

Only a rumor but supposedly the reason why people walked out of the screenings was because the movie was comic book accurate with a certain death. Can’t see that happening in a Holiday movie but WB is crazy like that…….
Yeah. Totally agree.

Only a rumor but supposedly the reason why people walked out of the screenings was because the movie was comic book accurate with a certain death. Can’t see that happening in a Holiday movie but WB is crazy like that…….

I refuse to believe this because how do you have scenes of Momoa acting goofy after that plot point?

Ragnarok had Thor and Loki cracking one liners only a few seconds after their father, one of the most important characters in the series in what should have been the most dramatic moment in the films, died. Of course that's not the same case here, but forced comedy is nothing new in comic book movies.

That being said I don't believe they would do something this dark in the DCEU and even more so in an Aquaman movie.

So apparently it's been revealed everyone involved on this movie wanted Amber Heard fired and recast, even James Wan! But the reason WHY she was kept on?

Oh boy.
Warning: I won't blame you if some of you get really angry over the truth:

So more bad pr for the final DCEU film? Tragic.

I still plan to watch this in the cinemas but I can't wait for this entire era of DC films to be over in less than 3 months.

So apparently it's been revealed everyone involved on this movie wanted Amber Heard fired and recast, even James Wan! But the reason WHY she was kept on?

Oh boy.
Warning: I won't blame you if some of you get really angry over the truth:

The drama surrounding the DCEU is glorious haha. But I don't buy the chemistry excuse from WB. They weren't any worse or better on screen together than most movie couples.

The drama surrounding the DCEU is glorious haha. But I don't buy the chemistry excuse from WB. They weren't any worse or better on screen together than most movie couples.
Momoa CARRIED that whole romance subplot on his own.

I'm just pissed Elon Muskrat FORCED WB to keep Heard on for the sequel when it was clear everyone wanted Mera recast.

The annus horribilis continues...

Still think this will have a healthy box office though.

It would be hilarious if they actually went and reshot the fabled Keaton/Affleck scene with Clooney lol, I mean, this movie is set after The Flash, right? Also, it is the final DCEU film anyway, lets have some fun with it .

I think this will be challenging The Marvels as the biggest box office bomb in CBM history.

And that Momoa scream at the end :whoops::whoops::whoops:

I don't think they even bother to proof-check their trailer edits before releasing anymore.

Yep, this looks like a perfectly fine time to me. I don't think I'll watch it at the cinema, but hopefully the DCEU ends on a somewhat positive note.

Last edited:

I think this will be challenging The Marvels as the biggest box office bomb in CBM history.

I don't think they even bother to proof-check their trailer edits before releasing anymore.

Arthur managed to have a child all by himself? Aquamazing

Madame Web will top (bottom?) The Marvels plummet easily.

Looks fine but it also feels like the same thing over and over again. Superhero movies have become generic and stale. It's like that early 2000's peak with Raimi's Spider-Man and Singer's X-Men and then it was all generic crap like Ghost Rider and Elektra. Is like that period all over again. Both Marvel and DC are culprits (The Batman and GOTG Vol. 3 aside). Sony's line up for next year is equally terrible.

I dunno, maybe as a DC fan I'm biased, but I feel like the baseline for DC "bad" is higher than Sony's "bad". The latter sets a particularly high standard for low quality lol.

I dunno, maybe as a DC fan I'm biased, but I feel like the baseline for DC "bad" is higher than Sony's "bad". The latter sets a particularly high standard for low quality lol.
Point taken. Sony's has like a "Yyyyeahh... I don't care" attitude about how bad their live action films are. They are much more mid 2000's quality than DC's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"