Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

Sad to hear of Cretton leaving the project. Could have been a big opportunity for him, and also I think he’d have been decent.

I think Majors will be out as Kang and the storyline is getting massively reworked. That's where I think we're at. I don't think guys like Doom or another villain out of the blue is practical at this point. But you can retool where the story is going still
A recast as Kang could still work if they get the right actor right? A new villain at this stage would have to start from scratch and lead to an even longer lead time of the post-Endgame era feeing like it’s a whole bunch of content going nowhere.

Or worse, rushing to Secret Wars with the same roadmap (if Feige doesn't decide to do away with the Multiverse Saga entirely).

I've figured, for awhile , that we won't be seeing these Avengers films until the late 2020s , meaning 2027-2029.

The movie is cashing in on cameos. It counts regardless of tone
I think the tone does matter here, cause if Deadpool spends the whole movie making fun of how ridiculous the multiverse is, and breaking all the multiverse rules that have been established... Then no one is going to take whatever multiverse story comes next seriously

I think the tone does matter here, cause if Deadpool spends the whole movie making fun of how ridiculous the multiverse is, and breaking all the multiverse rules that have been established... Then no one is going to take whatever multiverse story comes next seriously
That's an excuse. The movie is trying to sell itself off the nostalgia of Hugh Jackman Wolverine and the Fox X-Men. It 100000000000% counts.

Last edited:
The movie is, and I don't think I'm slightly wrong in saying this, Deadpool on a roadtrip with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine through multiverse shenanigans. Even if they poke fun and do some subversions, the main appeal of Deadpool 3 is still, as I pointed out in my previous post, the return of Hugh Jackman and potentially more characters from the Fox X-Men.

People wouldn't be excited about it if the point of the movie was just to demean the multiverse trope as a whole, which I don't it will.

You're also making unsubstantied assumptions (and treating them as inevitable facts) about how no one will take what follows after it's over seriously as if Deadpool 3 might not have some important elements, executed well while contrasted with the more comedic moments, that possibly further foreshadow and build up to Secret Wars in an interesting manner.

Regardless if they use them as jokes or not, they're still selling nostalgia for past movies to sell this one. It's using the Multiverse as a way to hype the movie, no matter how you look at it

I'm not saying it isn't using Nostalgia... I'm just saying it's success or not, shouldn't be a proof of concept

I'm not saying it isn't using Nostalgia... I'm just saying it's success or not, shouldn't be a proof of concept
So the movie makes money by exploiting nostalgia and using the multiverse, but its not proof the multiverse can be used to get people interested in the movies.

Your logic falls apart quickly

Movies revolving around the multiverse are not automatically bad. It depends on how the story is written, directed, and executed. If people hated the multiverse trope on instinct, No Way Home, Loki, Everything Everywhere All At Once and the Spider-Verse movies wouldn't have been as well received as they were. Whether you disagree or not, these projects were positively received because they were well told stories first, and that's what matters here.

It only starts to become a problem when it's the only thing being relied on, and on top of that executed in the worst possible way (ex: The Flash).

it's all about context... an this concept working in a Deadpool movie, doesn't necessarily equal to it working in a different context

it works with Deadpool who is already coming from that (Fox) world ... an Deadpool is known for it's fourth-wall breaking theme's

an using the Nostalgia factor multiple times in a row would risk fatigue of the idea

it's all about context... an this concept working in a Deadpool movie, doesn't necessarily equal to it working in a different context

it works with Deadpool who is already coming from that (Fox) world ... an Deadpool is known for it's fourth-wall breaking theme's

an using the Nostalgia factor multiple times in a row would risk fatigue of the idea

All you're changing is the toppings on the cheeseburger and trying to argue it ain't a cheeseburger. If it works in Deadpool 3, then the concept still has legs. It's just a matter of finding what ingredients make the best burger. But you cannot argue its a burger

Last edited:
a burger without cheese isn't a cheeseburger

but, even the best burger I don't want to eat every day

and sometimes what makes a burger the best is that it is something you haven't had in a while or only have a special occasion

Think that's a matter of personal preference and not something that everyone else feels.

If you're that put off by media revolving around the multiverse trope, then you're definitely welcome to that opinion and I even understand it to an extent. That being said, again, multiverse ≠ automatically awful and tiresome for reasons I and Spider-Fan have already explained. And Kevin Feige, most likely, is not going to scrap the entire saga he's been building towards simply because certain fans are sick of anything multiverse related and try cater to those needs. That's not how it works.

a burger without cheese isn't a cheeseburger

but, even the best burger I don't want to eat every day

and sometimes what makes a burger the best is that it is something you haven't had in a while or only have a special occasion

This burger has cheese. And yeah, you may not want to eat one everyday, but that's not the argument. What you personally like or don't doesn't dictate whats popular or not. Deadpool 3 is using the Multiverse and nostalgia as the primary selling point to go see the movie. If indeed that strategy works, it shows audiences wants what was being served. Aka, they wanted this burger. Your argument that it being successful at selling a multiverse movie to audiences has nothing to do with people wanting to see it is a nonsensical argument. ITS THE PRIMARY SELLING POINT AND REASON PEOPLE ARE HYPED TO WATCH THE MOVIE!!!! This is just a straight up fact. Arguing it doesn't count is nonsense.

I aint going to keep arguing this further, so you do you. But your argument is nonsense

Oh. Oh I have many reservations.

I guess the silver lining is they're not planning on scrapping Kang which is reassuring.

So he is now doing both Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars. Sounds like doubling down to me

I'm not a fan of the Loki series, but I hope he will be an improvement from Jeff Loveness.

Honestly it's really not that hard to understand what audiences want from the multiverse. People want to see crossovers between characters they are already invested in, that's why Avengers and No Way Home were so huge. It's not simply about nostalgia, it's about seeing the interaction between disparate characters that we are already invested in from their individual stories. The multiverse just allows these kinds of crossovers to happen in situations where the characters weren't written to be in the same universe from the start. No one actually gives that much of a **** about the multiverse on its own, unless it's used in a really clever and creative way. Without crossovers the multiverse typically just exists to give us random wacky what-if scenarios. Which can be reasonably fun, but not super hype. Crossovers are what's hype. Crossovers between characters that people care about, in a way that actually gives people the kind of character interactions they want to see (IE decent screentime, intersecting and intermingling character arcs, substantial conversations and teamup action sequences, no bull**** cameos and/or random BS deaths).

Just keep doing crossovers the way that's clearly been consistently working up until now.

Well they didn't have the X-Men in play until early 2019 and already had to map out their next films, but I simply would've waited until they had X-Men and Fantastic Four in hand and not do Eternals.

If phase 6 makes a F4 movie they should also do a X-men project

We haven't yet full movies+TV Phase six released but seems it'ld be WonderMan, VisionQuest, ArmorWars, Spiderman4, Thor5, Strange3, ShangShi2, Eternals2 to complete with Blade, Thunderbolt, F4 + A5 + A6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"