Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

It's not just you. It's cheap fan-service with little to no value beyond scrapping the barrel of nostalgia. I had a fun time with No Way Home and under the right circumstances I wouldn't object to seeing something similar again, but overall it has happened a lot and mostly poorly. What's done is done, trying to relive past days of glory prove that you have nothing interesting to show in the present and it won't even feel the same now.

I just don't see the point of constantly rehashing things and versions we didn't even like all that much. Maybe some were OK for their time, but I want to move on and get to the new things. New characters and actors.

Listen, I love Hugh Jackman and everything, but I want to see the MCU's version of the X-Men. I don't want all this Multiverse crap.

Even the scene in Marvels didn't get me excited because it was just so confusing and the CG in that post-credit scene looked AWFUL.

After seeing the fan art of Denzel as an older Kang, I'd absolutely love that

(this if anyone hasn't seen it-)
denzel-washington-as-kang-the-conqueror-concept-v0-mlf8n5xfc06c1.jpg

Nobody would care that he looks slightly different if its an older version
Have him show up and obliterate the council of Kangs (All with their helmets so we don't have to see Majors)
And reveal he is the true "Conqueror"

Dunno if he'd be willing, but he'd only have to sign on for like 3 years and two movies, not too big an ask, and Marvel is throwing money at actors these days, for better or worse (in this case better)
That fan art is amazing. :up:

Somehow Thanos returned…

Kang Dynasty should be about the current Avengers (Doctor Strange, Thor, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Spider-Man, Ant-Man & Wasp, She-Hulk & Hulk, Black Panther, and Shang-Chi) trying to stave off an incursion with the Fox X-Men universe (plus Maria Rambeau as Binary), so it’s basically an Avengers vs. X-Men movie. Maybe even rename the movie if there’s a complete pivot from Kang.

Doctor Strange is working with Clea to find a magic solution (maybe Deadpool too), in a side quest to collect both Loki and Scarlet Witch (maybe she’s in hell?) to help reshape time & reality, respectively.

Somehow the Superior Iron Man arrives from Earth-838 (he’s the Iron Man from the Illuminati of Multiverse of Madness) and though he initially is presented as an ally, he reveals himself as the third act villain and reshapes reality in his vision. After Wanda decimated his Earth’s heroes, he was alone to fight off an incursion that consumed his world and failed.

Then, in Avengers: Secret Wars, we find ourselves in a reshaped reality, where Tony Stark is in charge and other familiar, fallen heroes (Chris Evans/Steve Rogers, Scarlett Johansson/Natasha Romanoff, etc.) are placed in positions of power. Like in the comics House of M, the current Avengers are living their dream lives—Peter’s back with Aunt May, Rhodey is no longer paralyzed, etc. Ultimately, the current Avengers have to break free from this Tony Stark-created world and fight against these legacy Avenger facsimiles to truly come together as the new team.

The film would maybe end with Spider-Man reshaping the world, or a newly-formed multiversal Illuminati, paving the way for a slight reboot for the next (mutant?) saga.

Kang Dynasty should be about the current Avengers (Doctor Strange, Thor, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Spider-Man, Ant-Man & Wasp, She-Hulk & Hulk, Black Panther, and Shang-Chi) trying to stave off an incursion with the Fox X-Men universe (plus Maria Rambeau as Binary), so it’s basically an Avengers vs. X-Men movie. Maybe even rename the movie if there’s a complete pivot from Kang.

Doctor Strange is working with Clea to find a magic solution (maybe Deadpool too), in a side quest to collect both Loki and Scarlet Witch (maybe she’s in hell?) to help reshape time & reality, respectively.

Somehow the Superior Iron Man arrives from Earth-838 (he’s the Iron Man from the Illuminati of Multiverse of Madness) and though he initially is presented as an ally, he reveals himself as the third act villain and reshapes reality in his vision. After Wanda decimated his Earth’s heroes, he was alone to fight off an incursion that consumed his world and failed.

Then, in Avengers: Secret Wars, we find ourselves in a reshaped reality, where Tony Stark is in charge and other familiar, fallen heroes (Chris Evans/Steve Rogers, Scarlett Johansson/Natasha Romanoff, etc.) are placed in positions of power. Like in the comics House of M, the current Avengers are living their dream lives—Peter’s back with Aunt May, Rhodey is no longer paralyzed, etc. Ultimately, the current Avengers have to break free from this Tony Stark-created world and fight against these legacy Avenger facsimiles to truly come together as the new team.

The film would maybe end with Spider-Man reshaping the world, or a newly-formed multiversal Illuminati, paving the way for a slight reboot for the next (mutant?) saga.

No thanks. I don't want Iron Man as the villain, especially not of Secret Wars. That's ruining both Iron Man and Secret Wars where the villain should be Dr Doom.

No thanks. I don't want Iron Man as the villain, especially not of Secret Wars. That's ruining both Iron Man and Secret Wars where the villain should be Dr Doom.

I feel like shoehorning in Doom as the big bad would feel so jarring. I think having Tony Stark (be it RDJ or an alternate multiverse casting—Tom Cruise, Timothy Olyphant, etc.) would at least give the audiences something to grab on to. Plus it’s a way to bring back Tony Stark to close out this saga with a bang

Uh, no. For a variety of reasons. If there's a slight chance they don't scrap Kang and recast, probably not the best idea to recast him with a white person.

If they bring RDJ back as a variant, it should be as an Iron Man/Tony Stark variant (Superior Iron Man).

I’d rather MCU simply scrap Kang Dynasty instead of recasting.

I love Colman Domingo and would much prefer he be cast in something more meaningful in the MCU (or even Reeves’ Batman crime saga) rather than stepping into a villain role that general audiences didn’t care for all that much (and a role that’s vacated by a controversial/convicted/fired actor).

Rework Avengers: Kang Dynasty into Avengers: Axis or Avengers: Incursion. Our heroes must band together once more as Avengers when an incursion with Earth X (Fox X-Men Universe) threatens all of reality.

Our Infinity War-esque cliffhanger would have reality rewritten, with familiar OG Avengers appearing. The sequel, Avengers: Secret Wars will involve Peter Parker giving up his idyllic new life to bring together a team of multiversal Avengers to face the Big Bad (ideally, IMO, a Tony Stark variant).

Yeah a million fodder Kangs dying to Avengers isn't compelling enough to the GA so I say drop the variants and move forward with one powerful Kang.

I’d rather MCU simply scrap Kang Dynasty instead of recasting.

I love Colman Domingo and would much prefer he be cast in something more meaningful in the MCU (or even Reeves’ Batman crime saga) rather than stepping into a villain role that general audiences didn’t care for all that much (and a role that’s vacated by a controversial/convicted/fired actor).

Rework Avengers: Kang Dynasty into Avengers: Axis or Avengers: Incursion. Our heroes must band together once more as Avengers when an incursion with Earth X (Fox X-Men Universe) threatens all of reality.

Our Infinity War-esque cliffhanger would have reality rewritten, with familiar OG Avengers appearing. The sequel, Avengers: Secret Wars will involve Peter Parker giving up his idyllic new life to bring together a team of multiversal Avengers to face the Big Bad (ideally, IMO, a Tony Stark variant).

This is the first suggestion in favor of scrapping Kang that I’ve really liked. It doesn’t throw out the multiverse groundwork that’s been laid and pays off the Fox X-Men stuff in a satisfying way.

Wouldn’t mind if Tom Cruise came in as the Stark variant.

If we’re pivoting away from Kang, my first preference would be RDJ back as a Stark variant (I’ve always liked the Cruise idea too), but Mark Ruffalo as Maestro could be fun

Maestro_teaser.jpg

If RDJ were to consider coming back, I feel something like a one and done role as a evil Stark variant might seem appealing to him, especially if it was fully fleshed out and not a quick fan service cameo. Maybe a more serious take on Superior Iron Man, where he learned the wrong lesson from getting kidnapped by The Ten Rings.

Good. I always hated that name. I don’t know why they tried building up Kang so much in our faces. Thanos worked better because he was in the background. Not saying they needed the exact same approach for Kang. But having him constantly killed like Kenny from South Park doesn’t really build him up.

"Marvel was making moves away from Kang reportedly even before Jonathan Majors was fired." Of course they were lol. They've been been pivoting since the moment the allegations first came up.

Marvel really dropped the ball on Kang. How was he supposed to be the next big villain after Thanos if you kept having him show up in all these other projects (Loki, Ant-Man QuantumMania) and getting his ass beat? They didn't do that with Thanos. When Thanos finally showed up in full force as the lead villain in Infinity War, he beat the Avengers. He beat Thor and Hulk's ass in his first scene, and kept obtaining the Infinity Stones throughout the film and no one could stop him. It took Iron Man sacrificing himself in Endgame to stop Thanos once and for all. Marvel showed discipline with Thanos and held him back until they were ready for him to come in and wreck shop. Contrast that with Kang, where Marvel did a 180 and used Kang to prop up other projects like Loki and Ant-Man QuantumMania instead of keeping their eyes on the bigger picture. What a mess.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes did a better job with Kang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"