The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone feel depressed? There was all this buildup for this film, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. In fact, I don't think they could have done a better job. It's like the end of an era.

Does anyone feel depressed? There was all this buildup for this film, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. In fact, I don't think they could have done a better job. It's like the end of an era.
I have that feeling as well. There's really no more news to look forward to from the cast and crew and the TV spots will be disappearing once the weekend passes. About the only thing we'll hear now will be how well it's doing at the box office.

I have that feeling as well. There's really no more news to look forward to from the cast and crew and the TV spots will be disappearing once the weekend passes. About the only thing we'll hear now will be how well it's doing at the box office.

That's the beauty of the MCU!! Now, IM3 news will start ramping up, then Thor 2 news, then by the time IM3 comes out it'll be Cap 2 news!

It's the neverending cycle of MCU news!! It's glorious!!

:word:

That's the beauty of the MCU!! Now, IM3 news will start ramping up, then Thor 2 news, then by the time IM3 comes out it'll be Cap 2 news!

It's the neverending cycle of MCU news!! It's glorious!!

:word:
Agreed. I prefer to think of this as the beginning of a new era. :yay:

Shortly after Cap is out..Time for Avengers 2 news,For now I can't wait for DVD/Blu-ray news and about special features/deleted scenes and all that stuff!!

That may hit next week but not now for me. Today was too perfect not to savor. Watching it again a few more times this weekend will add joy and pad the box office. If we can take the box office record that would just be one great cherry on top!!!!

In the credits I also saw Mova LLC, the company that did that one photorealistic mocap that was on Youtube.

Weta did the effects for TA? Wow, I had no idea. That just makes this movie even cooler to me. :woot:

Weta did the effects for TA? Wow, I had no idea. That just makes this movie even cooler to me. :woot:
Marvel basically got the best of the best for effects, which really showed.

I went to the 10:50am showing and it was almost a full house, actually I think some people may have been turned away because they thought it was filled when there were some empty seats scattered around. The audience cheered at all the best action scenes and some funny one liners. Thor's "He's Adopted" line and Hulk's smackdown of Odin elicited the biggest laughs, but just about every major scene got some applause or cheers. Unfortunately there was no standing ovation at the end and most people cleared out before the 2nd bonus scene.

I'll be going to the 11:50am show on Sat and I hope the crowd will be more enthusiastic this time. Will post report afterward.

THOSE PICS HAVE SOME SPOILERS!

MY MAIN CONCERN IS HOW THE FOLLOWING SOLO SEQUELS ARE GOING TO FOLLOW AVENGERS. WE ALL KNOW THAT IN THE COMICS THE HEROES HAVE THEIR OWN SOLO ADVENTURES BUT IM AFRAID THE GA ARE GOING TO KEEP ASKING "WHY'S HE FIGHTING THAT GUY ON HIS OWN? WHERES THOR/CAP/IRON MAN ETC?"

-DOOM :doom:

THOSE PICS HAVE SOME SPOILERS!

MY MAIN CONCERN IS HOW THE FOLLOWING SOLO SEQUELS ARE GOING TO FOLLOW AVENGERS. WE ALL KNOW THAT IN THE COMICS THE HEROES HAVE THEIR OWN SOLO ADVENTURES BUT IM AFRAID THE GA ARE GOING TO KEEP ASKING "WHY'S HE FIGHTING THAT GUY ON HIS OWN? WHERES THOR/CAP/IRON MAN ETC?"

I don't think it will be a problem, but we'll know next year when both IM3 and Thor 2 come out.

Gonna be seeing it tomorrow afternoon finally. Some of us gotta work!

Way excited. Gonna see it in 2D first and then 3D later for free whenever it clears up at my brother's theater.

Because they aren't ****ing idiots, and they can put 2 and 2 together enough to realize 'solo film = other dudes are busy' like 10-year olds have been doing for 50 years.

So I just finished watching Iron Man 2 as part of my lead-up to seeing The Avengers on Tuesday. While I do feel that IM1 is the better movie, I find IM2 to be more "fun" at times, if that makes any sense. It could be because I'm a huge War Machine fanboy and I get all giddy every time I watch the battle scene towards the end. :oldrazz:

Tomorrow night: The Incredible Hulk!

I went to the 10:50am showing and it was almost a full house, actually I think some people may have been turned away because they thought it was filled when there were some empty seats scattered around. The audience cheered at all the best action scenes and some funny one liners. Thor's "He's Adopted" line and Hulk's smackdown of Odin elicited the biggest laughs, but just about every major scene got some applause or cheers. Unfortunately there was no standing ovation at the end and most people cleared out before the 2nd bonus scene.

I'll be going to the 11:50am show on Sat and I hope the crowd will be more enthusiastic this time. Will post report afterward.

Don't you mean [BLACKOUT]Hulk's smack down of Loki?[/BLACKOUT]

Because Odin would wipe the floor with all of the Avengers at the same time, including Thor and Hulk.

Last edited:
Spoiler tags for people who haven't seen it yet, guys.

Spoiler tags for people who haven't seen it yet, guys.

Wassup Wolvie I've seen the film and I was very impressed with Thor, so what was the thing you said I wanted to see again?

Just got back from my third viewing.... saw it in 3D... and 2d again... still love when iron man uses captain americas shield during the battle... awesome

http://youtu.be/qsONSCKOCrw
^ the audience was definitely different

Because they aren't ****ing idiots, and they can put 2 and 2 together enough to realize 'solo film = other dudes are busy' like 10-year olds have been doing for 50 years.
WHAT THE **** IS YOUR PROBLEM?

MY POST WASN'T HOSTILE IN ANY WAY, YET YOU REPLY TO IT IN SUCH A RUDE WAY

BigThor said:
Wassup Wolvie I've seen the film and I was very impressed with Thor, so what was the thing you said I wanted to see again?

I thought you'd like seeing Thor
Take down two leviathans with one epic lightning storm, in the end battle

Also, for everyone who's seen it, who else thinks Whedon could TOTALLY nail the Pyms if they were introduced in the next movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"