The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

:facepalm::wall::bdh:

I think the MTV Movie Awards is far more your speed... :o

you know... the ones where you can vote online (multiple times)... and How Kristen Stewart and Megan Fox actually win awards...

Stop acting like a little child. There's nothing comparitive between that and the actual opinion of the majority.

Stop acting like a little child. There's nothing comparitive between that and the actual opinion of the majority.

so you're now assuming everyone who saw avengers, now feels it's there favorite movie of the year? That's a bit Naive... and a dense assumption..

I see plenty of movies a year, and just because i went to see them doesn't mean i was casting a vote on my opinion.

I made that analogy as a specific reply to someone else and it it was tied into what they said. I don't give a rats ass if you understood it but in all seriousness you'd have to be pretty dim to struggle with it the way that you did.

Oh please, it's more clear to you because you made it and it's far from spot on.

:o

hate to break it to you, but the person you were responding to didn't think it made a lick of sense either... :o

Well DUH! My first comment was that I didn't think any of these awards shows should have a best picture category. Appearently you a an a couple of others don't think anyone should have a differing opinion from your own and if they do they must be beaten into submission.

I disagree with you on this subject and have said why but I'm not trying "to beat you into submission". It's just not that deep (similar to the Oscars themselves).

so you're now assuming everyone who saw avengers, now feels it's there favorite movie of the year? That's a bit Naive... and a dense assumption..

I see plenty of movies a year, and just because i went to see them doesn't mean i was casting a vote on my opinion.

No I'm assuming that most people who saw it liked that film more than any of the oscar nominees since most of them didn't bother to see any of the nominees. And it's not actually an assumption since the box office proives it.

The only dense assumption was yours.

No I'm assuming that most people who saw it liked that film more than any of the oscar nominees since most of them didn't bother to see any of the nominees. And it's not actually an assumption since the box office proives it.

The only dense assumption was yours.

actually it is an assumption.

Most People these days only go to theaters for big spectacles/highly anticipated films, they're willing to shell out big money for. Most people these days wait for DVD/Blu-Ray/OnDemand to see anything.

I waited to see Argo on DVD and loved it., it was a far better film than Avengers as a whole. And that's coming from a huge fan of the avengers and marvel in general. Argo was just a much better crafted film in all aspects. The Avengers is a completely seperate form of excitement.

but whatever.. your opinion on the subject, is just your opinion. And not the majorities...

actually it is an assumption.

Most People these days only go to theaters for big spectacles/highly anticipated films, they're willing to shell out big money for.

Yeah the ones that they are sure they're going to like.

I guess AFI's list of movies is irrelevant and should be retooled to only include the top 100 highest grossing films as well

Well, the Academy of Bakers and Pie-filling Sciences says cherry is the best. But more people bought rhubarb, so...

I did not see all the nominees but some of them. I did see Argo, Lincoln, Silver Linings and Zero Dark thirty. All well done and well crafted films in many aspects but to me Avengers was the movie of the year for me. I have loved the comics since I was a kid and this film lived up to and exceeded its hype in all aspects. Does that make me stupid for some reason?

wait.. so people only go to movies they know they're only going to love? :huh: You as a "film maker" can honestly tell me every movie you saw in a theater you liked????

Nobody knows if they're going to love it but you see the previews and often you know the actors or directors so you have an idea of the film before you go. As a film maker I've watched a lot of things in film festivals that I wished I hadn't but no I've never seen any thing in a regular theatre that I didn't like, especially not in recent times like you sugested where people are very selective of what they go and see. Some things didn't live up to expectations but they were still good.

Nobody knows if they're going to love it but you see the previews and often you know the actors or directors so you have an idea of the film before you go. As a film maker I've watched a lot of things in film festivals that I wished I hadn't but no I've never seen any thing in a regular theatre that I didn't like, especially not in recent times like you sugested where people are very selective of what they go and see. Some things didn't live up to expectations but they were still good.

yes, but to some people Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises also didn't live up to there expectations.. but just because they made the most money.. doesn't mean they were reviewed the best.

you'd have a more compelling argument if you said "Best Picture should be decided by Rotten Tomatoes"

Last edited:
Pumpkin is best for fall and winter but for the rest of the year I can't choose between either key lime or apple.

eww key lime?

I'd buy hundreds of Pumpkin pies, if that means my pie wins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"