The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand your point?:oldrazz:
THEY wanted it to be alittle more equal for each Character. Tho I loved the beginning they had in that Young readers version like the Man out of time.

A very long-awaited HD screen:

2mn3whv.jpg

Last edited:
Just rewatched it (and I love it even more, if that's even possible) and I've got 2 questions, one of which is:

How come Loki couldn't brainwash Tony Stark and it made that 'ting' sound?

Just rewatched it (and I love it even more, if that's even possible) and I've got 2 questions, one of which is:

Because The arc-reactor is powered by the same propriety elements as that of The Tesseract (Cosmic cube) therefore Loki was unable to effect Tony .

Because The arc-reactor is powered by the same propriety elements as that of The Tesseract (Cosmic cube) therefore Loki was unable to effect Tony .

Oh yeah I get that bit, but are you saying that Loki's magic wand is powered by the Tesseract?

because the mind gem effects ones heart (as shown in the beginning when loki is taking control of hawkeye) Tony doesn't really have a heart, he has an arc reactor in his chest.

Oh yeah I get that bit, but are you saying that Loki's magic wand is powered by the Tesseract?

The gem is connected to cube. You can clearly see this when Black Widow uses the Sceptre to close the gateway portal.

because the mind gem effects ones heart (as shown in the beginning when loki is taking control of hawkeye) Tony doesn't really have a heart, he has an arc reactor in his chest.

So I assume that Loki's mind gem has the same properties as the Tesseract?

So I assume that Loki's mind gem has the same properties as the Tesseract?

we still know very little about the Tesseract in the grand scheme of things.. but in the comics, the cosmic cube essentially creates whatever your mind can come up with.. so there's probably some sort of nullifying connection between it and the mind gem. Also... Selvig does say that he created a failsafe.. so some how he programmed the tesseract to shut down when in contact with the scepter

I assumed he couldn't brainwash Stark with the stick because with the arc reactor in the way, he couldn't touch his heart with it.

we still know very little about the Tesseract in the grand scheme of things.. but in the comics, the cosmic cube essentially creates whatever your mind can come up with.. so there's probably some sort of nullifying connection between it and the mind gem. Also... Selvig does say that he created a failsafe.. so some how he programmed the tesseract to shut down when in contact with the scepter

ohhhh I see - I can't believe I forgot that Tony's heart was made from the Tesseract :doh: Well, I guess that answers that question - I was just curious.

This leads on to my 2nd question: Why did that Sith guy say to that other new villain dude that "to challenge them is to court death?" Was he just making that helmet dude happy because the Avengers never killed anyone, did they?

ohhhh I see - I can't believe I forgot that Tony's heart was made from the Tesseract :doh: Well, I guess that answers that question - I was just curious.

This leads on to my 2nd question: Why did that Sith guy say to that other new villain dude that "to challenge them is to court death?" Was he just making that helmet dude happy because the Avengers never killed anyone, did they?

... tony's heart ISNT made from the tesseract...

and .. umm other than that incredibly awkward way of wording things... the "helmut" dude is Thanos.. and Thanos represents death (his name means it), and he's in love with death (personified), so he "court's death" its basically just a nod at his character

... tony's heart ISNT made from the tesseract...

OK, now I'm confused :( What was Loki's mind gem nullified by? So what you guys mean is that Tony didn't have a real heart and this is why he didn't get affected, right?

and .. umm other than that incredibly awkward way of wording things... the "helmut" dude is Thanos.. and Thanos represents death (his name means it), and he's in love with death (personified), so he "court's death" its basically just a nod at his character

Yeah that was awkward and terribly overdramatic I was like "chill out, hood guy, nobody got killed. They're not like you murderers":funny: But I had no problem with that scene, I was just curious and now you stated that it's a reference to that main guy, Thanos. So thanks :up: That guy looks crazy and he looks a bit like Darkseid too.

OK, now I'm confused :( What was Loki's mind gem nullified by? So what you guys mean is that Tony didn't have a real heart and this is why he didn't get affected, right?

Yeah that was awkward and terribly overdramatic I was like "chill out, hood guy, nobody got killed. They're not like you murderers":funny: But I had no problem with that scene, I was just curious and now you stated that it's a reference to that main guy, Thanos. So thanks :up: That guy looks crazy and he looks a bit like Darkseid too.

The arc reactor.... is essentially tony's heart. His father created it. (could there be a chance that it has some sort of energy from the cube in it? i guess, but tony's built his own and had no idea what the cosmic cube/tesseract was until recently.

The Cosmic Cube/Arc Reactor, is an asgardian device that (So far, has the properties of energy, dark matter, and teleportation into other worlds)

Loki's gem (the mind gem) is the nullifier... Selvig essentially programed the cosmic cube to shut down when in contact with the gem. The gem is just a mystic gem (one of the infinity gems) this one pertaining to Mind Control...

the Mind Gem, as loki put it, effects ones heart. And tony does not have one

I took it as the sceptre simply had to come in contact with the intended victim not necessarily ones heart because a couple times I think he just tapped the scepter on the SHIELD guys shoulder. In Tony's case Loki is not aware of Tony having something smack dab on his chest and is startled when it taps on the arc reactor and not directly on Tony.

The arc reactor.... is essentially tony's heart. His father created it. (could there be a chance that it has some sort of energy from the cube in it? i guess, but tony's built his own and had no idea what the cosmic cube/tesseract was until recently.

The Cosmic Cube/Arc Reactor, is an asgardian device that (So far, has the properties of energy, dark matter, and teleportation into other worlds)

Loki's gem (the mind gem) is the nullifier... Selvig essentially programed the cosmic cube to shut down when in contact with the gem. The gem is just a mystic gem (one of the infinity gems) this one pertaining to Mind Control...

Is it stated anywhere that the cube is an Asgardian device? I know Odin was in possession of it and hid it because of how dangerous it was but that doesn't mean its necessarily Asgardian. He possesses many things but not all Asgardian.

I see. Thanks for those answers, they satiated my curiosity! It's cool that the Teserract played a role in some of the films rather than just The Avengers.

I'm gonna rewatch this film again 'cos it's so awesome!

Is it stated anywhere that the cube is an Asgardian device? I know Odin was in possession of it and hid it because of how dangerous it was but that doesn't mean its necessarily Asgardian. He possesses many things but not all Asgardian.

we don't know for sure. but majority of what we've seen is from one of the 9 asgardian realms

I'm guessing it's not and that its an ancient artifact from an unknown origin or region of the galaxy. The first phase happened to be Asgard heavy and therefor it gives the impression that its Asgardian in origin but I don't think it will be. I just think Odin being the all powerful and wise being that he is gained possession of it and knew to hide it for the sake of the universe not just the nine realms. He has other things in his vault that aren't Asgardian as well.

I'm guessing it's not and that its an ancient artifact from an unknown origin or region of the galaxy. The first phase happened to be Asgard heavy and therefor it gives the impression that its Asgardian in origin but I don't think it will be. I just think Odin being the all powerful and wise being that he is gained possession of it and knew to hide it for the sake of the universe not just the nine realms. He has other things in his vault that aren't Asgardian as well.

the only ones that werent (according to comic history) were the infinity gauntlet and orb of agomotto. But truth is.. it really wouldn't change anything if they were from the 9 realms

the tablet of life, the casket, the Eternal Flame, Warlock’s Eye were all asgardian

I certainly hope that the MCU shows that it isn't limited to the nine realms starting with Guardians.

Yeah, Thanos' place isn't part of that. I think that was implied in the film, yes?

Tony does have a heart. The arc reactor just keeps the metal shards in his heart from killing him. He never had his heart removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"