The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting Irish. I'll be getting the 2nd one and I don't really have as much of a problem as most with that poster cover. Blu-ray in the lounge, blu-ray in the bedroom, digital copy in the mac and DVD at my sister's. And none of those babies are moving for a very long time!

Looks like there originally might've been a flashback narrative involving a Maria Hill interrogation talking about what happened. Glad they jettisoned that if that's the case.

Looks like there originally might've been a flashback narrative involving a Maria Hill interrogation talking about what happened. Glad they jettisoned that if that's the case.
Cobie talked about that in one of her interviews, said she was surprised it got cut. The movie apparently originally opened and ended with her being interviewed be the World Security Council.

AVENGERS 2 SHOULD JUST SWITCH IT UP A LITTLE :p

-DOOM :doom:

ladyavengersposter371x5.jpg

Cobie talked about that in one of her interviews, said she was surprised it got cut. The movie apparently originally opened and ended with her being interviewed be the World Security Council.
I'm glad it got taken out. I hate that idea and it would've undercut the entire movie. The movie now opens and ends much stronger with Thanos.

I'm glad it got taken out. I hate that idea and it would've undercut the entire movie. The movie now opens and ends much stronger with Thanos.

The alternate opening/ending will be interesting to watch, but it's good that they cut it. Smulders wasn't at all impressive, so I imagine that her flat performance had something to do with the decision to omit those bookend segments.

Last edited:
I can't link to it here because of the naughty language, but Film Crit Hulk has written another glorious piece about TA at Badass Digest. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Film Crit Hulk is awesome.

And I think those Maria Hill scenes could be pretty good. It will give us more of an insight into her character and how she feels about the Avengers and Fury's faith in them. I imagine it could have been a sub plot that carries over into the sequels. I can see why they were cut though, there was enough in the film already.

These Blu-Ray features are not confirmed, nor is the cover art. Remember: we have word that there will be 30-minutes worth of deleted scenes on the disc, and the listed scenes in the spec do not fit that. Keep in mind that NONE OF THAT INFORMATION IS FINAL.

The truth...

WHY DOES SOMETHING BEING FUN AS OPPOSED TO SERIOUS SOMEHOW INHERENTLY MEAN "NOT AS GOOD?" SERIOUSLY, HULK FINDS THIS CONCEPT RIDICULOUS. YET IT TAPS INTO THE SAME PART OF OUR BRAINS THAT PREVENTS COMEDIES FROM GETTING NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE. WE ALWAYS EQUATE "SERIOUS" WITH "BETTER" AND THAT MAKES HULK EXTRA SMASHY. NOT JUST BECAUSE FUN MOVIES MAKE HULK'S HEART/SOUL/MIND/BODY FEEL GOOD, BUT BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? IT'S WAYYYYYYYYYY HARDER TO MAKE A FUN MOVIE THAN IT IS TO MAKE SERIOUS MOVIES. YOU HEARD THAT CORRECT. WAY HARDER.

I desperately want to post that over in the Bat boards, buuut..... I dont want to get banned :D

Hehe. They'll probably just call him a Marvel fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about. But then, someone who doesn't know film making wouldn't write one of the most ingenious and insightful articles about Lynch's Mulholland Drive i've ever seen.

Very true. But i think it's more difficult to make something genuinely funny, to get that emotional response from someone. Comedy is one of the hardest things to get right because as humans we are naturally cynical, to break down that wall of cynicism and garner genuine laughs is no small feat. Plus different people find different things funny, so to accommodate to all those different tastes is also difficult.

Very true. But i think it's more difficult to make something genuinely funny, to get that emotional response from someone. Comedy is one of the hardest things to get right because as humans we are naturally cynical, to break down that wall of cynicism and garner genuine laughs is no small feat. Plus different people find different things funny, so to accommodate to all those different tastes is also difficult.

Its hard but there are cheap ways to get laughs. :oldrazz:
Wakawakawaka
roflcopter.gif

It's nice to read this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-avengers-box-office-success-explained-2012-5

3. Homer, Dante and…Stan Lee! Embracing a Mythos of Our Own

Marvel has an intrinsic understanding that over the past five decades, their characters have become woven into the fabric of a greater global popular culture. The potent combo of licensing and digital technology has made characters like The Hulk and Captain America familiar to street kids in Botswana. Only after these past couple of weeks has the media finally caught up, finally admitting that superheroes have legitimately become our contemporary mythology, just as well-told tales of Greek and Roman gods were the blockbusters of their own epochs.

they don't shy away from using classical stuff either

wait.... the morningstar and the ironstar, where's the ironmorning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"