The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony does have a heart. The arc reactor just keeps the metal shards in his heart from killing him. He never had his heart removed.

i know this.. but, and while im not doctor.. the area the reactor is located is ones heart.. and that takes up alot of room.. so im not sure if he has a fully functioning heart. Also... there's a running joke that pepper made of "tony does have a heart" giving him the first one as a trophy.

yes he still biologically has one, but we really don't know the capacity of it all.. and the arc reactor is what keeps everything working, and what Loki hit with his scepter.

It's still a functioning heart. The shards are what will kill him if he doesn't have the reactor. That's why he was able to stay conscious when Stane took out the reactor in IM1. He only has a few minutes of time to live if the shards are allowed into the heart.

It's still a functioning heart. The shards are what will kill him if he doesn't have the reactor. That's why he was able to stay conscious when Stane took out the reactor in IM1. He only has a few minutes of time to live if the shards are allowed into the heart.

The reactor just creates a powerful magnetic field in Tony's chest to hold the shrapnel in place. That's the only thing that the reactor does for tony. The only other thing that his reactor does is power his suits.

I was under the assumption that Howard Stark couldn't harness teh cube that way Dr Zola did so he studied it for years and tried to recreate the cube, hence the large arc reactor. I think the arc technology is the human version of trying to copy alien technology. It's like those large computers of the 60s compared to an ipad.

But what i dont get is why didn't Tony ever have surgery to remove the shrapnel permanently? Then again whats Tony Stark without a circle battery in his chest?

I was under the assumption that Howard Stark couldn't harness teh cube that way Dr Zola did so he studied it for years and tried to recreate the cube, hence the large arc reactor. I think the arc technology is the human version of trying to copy alien technology. It's like those large computers of the 60s compared to an ipad.

But what i dont get is why didn't Tony ever have surgery to remove the shrapnel permanently? Then again whats Tony Stark without a circle battery in his chest?

I agree to an extent, Howard definitely got into the energy business after observing and learning from the Tesseract. He might not have been directly attempting to duplicate it but he was definitely attempting to make a self-sustaining energy source. Perhaps a less dangerous one. It's the size equivalent of a 60s computer because he is limited by the technology of his time. It actually all fits together very well.

But Tony Stark definitely has a functioning heart. There is shrapnel in the surrounding area of his heart that would move closer to his heart from day to day activity and movement of his body. The original reactor he built in the cave replaced the car battery as the power source charging the electromagnet pepper pulled out of his chest. The socket wall contains the new magnet powered by each consecutive chest arc upgrade he creates. Which unfortunately is still killing him because its powered by palladium, yadda yadda yadda... Iron Man 2 ensues.

Just rewatched it (and I love it even more, if that's even possible) and I've got 2 questions, one of which is:

How come Loki couldn't brainwash Tony Stark and it made that 'ting' sound?

The reason he couldnt, and it made that 'ting' sound is actually far more simple than any of that. He hit the arc reactor, (the 'ting' being the sound of metal on metal) the arc reactor being inorganic, Loki didnt touch any part of Stark's body with the scepter and if he'd realized this sooner he mightve just aimed a little further to the right.

He did in the extremist story line. That's when he finally gets it removed. He basically said that modern medical science finally advanced to the point to where they could extract the shrapnel without killing him in the process.

Start at 1:00 min to hear him talk about everything. The entire motion comic is on Netflix if you have it.
Iron Man: Extremis Motion Comic Trailer
[YT]ZJ-ghF7ZAjM[/YT]

Last edited:
The reason he couldnt, and it made that 'ting' sound is actually far more simple than any of that. He hit the arc reactor, (the 'ting' being the sound of metal on metal) the arc reactor being inorganic, Loki didnt touch any part of Stark's body with the scepter and if he'd realized this sooner he mightve just aimed a little further to the right.

I did think that but I thought that would be too simple and make Loki stupid. Wow, I can't believe why Loki just didn't hit another part. Stark is so lucky :funny:

:up:

Good to see people thinking outside, on the other side of the ocean as opposed to where the box is though.

Tony does have a heart. The arc reactor just keeps the metal shards in his heart from killing him. He never had his heart removed.

It's keeping the shrapnel out of his heart.

The reactor just creates a powerful magnetic field in Tony's chest to hold the shrapnel in place. That's the only thing that the reactor does for tony. The only other thing that his reactor does is power his suits.

Thanks guys, I already thought I watched the wrong movies all the time...

Yeah that was awkward and terribly overdramatic I was like "chill out, hood guy, nobody got killed. They're not like you murderers":funny: But I had no problem with that scene, I was just curious and now you stated that it's a reference to that main guy, Thanos. So thanks :up: That guy looks crazy and he looks a bit like Darkseid too.

I hate to break it to you, but the Avengers did a whole lot of killing, mostly of alien Chitauri but also of some humans working for Loki, too. On the Helicarrier Cap threw one guy to his death and shot some others. Iron Man slammed into one man so hard he probably died. Fury and the SHIELD agents defending the bridge shot a few. In New York, all of them killed boatloads of Chitauri. Cap was slicing off limbs and decapitating them with his shield. He punched half of one alien's face off. And let's not forget the killing they did in their solo movies.

Pretty awesome. Love how Cap comes into the picture at the end to kick some ass. I get why they ultimately cut it to focus on the big four though. The Commodore 64 quip was cute, but also a wise cut.

I hate to break it to you, but the Avengers did a whole lot of killing, mostly of alien Chitauri but also of some humans working for Loki, too. On the Helicarrier Cap threw one guy to his death and shot some others. Iron Man slammed into one man so hard he probably died. Fury and the SHIELD agents defending the bridge shot a few. In New York, all of them killed boatloads of Chitauri. Cap was slicing off limbs and decapitating them with his shield. He punched half of one alien's face off. And let's not forget the killing they did in their solo movies.

Okay, I feel stupid now! :funny: Yeah, I rewatched the film again and only now realised that people did get killed - both chitauri and humans like you said so that means that the hooded dude wasn't being dramatic at all and now that scene makes sense to me :doh: Thanks for that! :up:

Last edited:
Of all the stuff ot get cut out of the movie why did the Hawkeye B. Widow fight sequence get cut. That was freaking awesome and would have given Hawkeye more of a showing.

Yeah, they should've kept that in. I don't think they just needed to focus on the big four, because after all, this is the Avengers who are all 6. Otherwise it just makes Hawkeye and Black Widow supporting characters far too much. It looks like they didn't even finish this sequence either. It would be great if they did complete it for an extended director's cut.

USA TODAY's Scott Bowles looks at the potential Oscar nominations for summer's most critically acclaimed films.

THE AVENGERS
Reception: 92% critics/96% fans

Outlook: Fair. Were it any other year, Avengers would be an Oscar shoo-in. In addition to the raves from reviewers and fans, the movie collected $618 million, making it the third-biggest film on record. Alas, the academy isn't known for its comic-book devotion, and may have to choose between superheroes.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies...sible-summer-film-oscar-contenders/57258206/1

USA TODAY's Scott Bowles looks at the potential Oscar nominations for summer's most critically acclaimed films.

THE AVENGERS
Reception: 92% critics/96% fans

Outlook: Fair. Were it any other year, Avengers would be an Oscar shoo-in. In addition to the raves from reviewers and fans, the movie collected $618 million, making it the third-biggest film on record. Alas, the academy isn't known for its comic-book devotion, and may have to choose between superheroes.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies...sible-summer-film-oscar-contenders/57258206/1
which has never made sense to me, since many movies are alot worse than most comic flims.

which has never made sense to me, since many movies are alot worse than most comic flims.

Its elitism, pure and simple. Anything fantastical is intrinsically worthless compared to, say, a somber meditation on the futility of achievement during the last days of a dying father.

If anything it should get something technical. A lot of those shots were insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"