Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.0

A map of Warden Sharpe's plans for Arkham Asylum\Gotham.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TdeU42pQEw

:wow:

Ohh I like the look of this, if that map is anything to go by it actually looks like Gotham could be fully playable due to its surprisingly smallish size (but still big) like Arkham Island was in the first one. :up:

It probably is just the fallout from inmates that escaped the island, therefore if they'd swam or ran accross the bridge they'd be on the outskirts of Gotham as opposed to anywhere in the city.

Joker's CGI look from the Arkham Asylum sequel announcement trailer:
16c4e8x.jpg

f3ypuc.jpg

Wow :wow:, he looks wicked. Looks like he is suffering from his transformation at the end of the first. :up:

:wow:

Ohh I like the look of this, if that map is anything to go by it actually looks like Gotham could be fully playable due to its surprisingly smallish size (but still big) like Arkham Island was in the first one. :up:

I doubt ALL of Gotham will be playable. The gate only seems to cover a part of Gotham. Plus, the entire city would be difficult to program without losing the detail that was praised in the original.

I shouldn't have sold my copy... :(

I put a good 50 hours into it though..

I shouldn't have sold my copy... :(

I put a good 50 hours into it though..
you did what? I'm never gonna under stand people that do this. never unless you were really low on cash and you really need to buy food to live . I won't ever under stand. what's wrong with you man?ohhhhhhhh

you did what? I'm never gonna under stand people that do this. never unless you were really low on cash and you really need to buy food to live . I won't ever under stand. what's wrong with you man?ohhhhhhhh

Why keep it if you have no intention of playing it again? I sold mine. I usually keep all my games, but I found this disappointing: short, easy, no replay value, horrible boss fights. If I want to play it again, I'll just buy it since it won't cost me the $50 I sold it for.

Oh man, I would love to see Batman battle a villain in "crime alley".

Even to the point of having Joe Chill being partners with a top Batman villain, such as Two-Face. Two-Face knowing the identity of Bats would be sweet as well.

Oh the possibilities for a sequel...*drooling mouth*

It was only available in the [crappy] Collector's Edition.

What I'd like to see in the second game:

1. Less detective mode. Don't get me wrong, I thought detective mode in the first game was a brilliant feature...It gave you a sense of what it's like to see criminal evidence through the eyes of The World's Greatest Detective. But honestly, you had to spend the majority of the game in that one mode for clues, riddles, etc. In the second, I want to be able to use it only when it's really needed. Especially since the player's are more than likely going to be on the streets of Gotham now that Arkham has moved in the city and there's an outbreak of criminals roaming around. So yes, I welcome having detective mode being brought back, but I'd like it's actual use to be at a minimum.

2. Bigger and better boss battles. If there's one thing about sequels, bigger is not only better, but almost guaranteed to outshine it's predecessor. Examples: Sly Cooper 2, Assassins Creed 2, the list can go on. But for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 it's a must. One of the main complaints about the first game was how most of the foes were far too easy to beat. You had Bane, which felt like fighting a Titan monster. Scarecrow, whom you didn't really fight but beat down his zombie like henchmen in order to get to him. Killer Croc who wasn't really much of a fight but had more of a fight for survival type feel. Hell, even fighting Titan Joker was a piece of cake. The only challenge in the game is Ivy, especially when you're playing the game on hard mode.

So for the second, this needs to be fixed and I expect it to. Especially with the possibility of having Two-Face, Blask Mask, Penguin and Mr. Freeze appearing just to name a few. I want to be able to feel that Batman has a real fight in his hands, I want to feel I got my ass kicked and I have to retry and think like Batman in order to defeat them. Now, all those villains aren't really physical. They rely more on guns/bullets. Which is why I can't wait to see how they're portrayed and what type of battle they throw at you.

3. Cooler gadgets/weapons. One of the things that really stuck out in the first game were the gadgets. The batarangs, the sonic batarang, the grapples, the explosive gel...All great. Considering the second might be more open spaced, I'd like to see smoke bombs (Imagine you're surrounded then POOF! your enemies are blinded and you take them down like in the animated Batman series), bat-bolas (an enemy is running away, a bat-bola is thrown and clings around their legs before they escape), a bat-light (Gotham has dark places!), some lock picks, flash bangs...Basically, I'd like to see a more in-deph look inside Batman's utility belt along with his "toys". We gamers should have that ability to rely on that stuff. Plus a lot of them would be fun to use in video game form.

I kinda disagree with the Scarecrow encounters. I thought the nightmares were a creative way to fight him, especially since he's a rather weak fighter otherwise. Though, instead of fighting his henchmen at end, maybe an epic fight with Giant Scarecrow would have been cool.

Batman: Arkham Asylum getting new DLC (?)
Rocksteady hiring for staff to create downloadable update

Hold those horses. CVG has learnt that Rocksteady is recruiting for staff to build brand new DLC for the title - which was released by Square Enix-owned Eidos last year.

(At least, that's how it seems. If the following refers to the Warner Bros-published sequel, then Rocksteady are being very keen beans.)

A message received by CVG today from the studio's UK recruitment agent today read:

'Want to work on DLC for Batman: Arkham Asylum in London? Drop [us] a line.'

We'd love to, but we're grossly under-qualified.

The news tallies with an ad on Rocksteady's site posted on February 18 for a 'Lead DLC artist'. That ad reads:

'Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented lead artist who will be working on the downloadable content of a AAA title on the next generation platforms. This is a hands-on position, meaning the candidate will manage a small team while building environment himself.'

CVG.com

It doesn't mention Arkham Asylum at Rocksteady's site, but CVG.com says the message they got said "Want to work on DLC for Batman: Arkham Asylum in London?".

It does seem a little weird releasing DLC now, though. Not because it's late or anything, but because they've already released a GotY edition with all the DLC.

'Batman: Arkham Asylum 2' Game Locks Up Two-Face, Mister Freeze, And Talia Al Ghul!

When Batman returns to "Arkham Asylum," he'll have at least three new villains to contend with, as various voice actors from the upcoming video game sequel have confirmed that Mister Freeze, Talia al Ghul and Two-Face are on the loose in Gotham City.

According to Kotaku, "The Spirit" actress Stana Katic revealed on Twitter that she had recently "recorded a character voice on the next Batman video game," confirming the character as Talia, daughter of Ra's al Ghul. Katic later removed the tweets from her account.

Additionally, "Futurama" voice actor Maurice LaMarche told Geekcastradio (via Kotaku) that he'll be playing Mister Freeze in the game.
"I'm about to go in and do Mr. Freeze for Arkham Asylum 2," he said. "He's out for blood right now because, err... I can't tell you the situation, but he's actually somewhat a sympathetic character within the framework of the game."

Finally, at the C2E2 convention in Chicago this weekend, Batman himself spilled the beans on Two-Face. A fan lured voice actor Kevin Conroy into revealing that Harvey Dent would have a role in the second "Arkham Asylum" game, causing Conroy to laugh at his own mistake.

"There's a very complicated cast," he said according to Comic Book Resources. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Conroy went on to compare the tone of the "Arkham Asylum" sequel to "Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker," a rather grim Batman tale.
"It's really, really dark," he said of the game. "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area — it's that dark."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/2...racters-two-face-mister-freeze-talia-al-ghul/

So I finally got the itch again to play Arkham Asylum and finally started it on Hard. Now I'm gonna feel like and idiot for asking this but I don't remember if the game automatically saves or do I have to save on my own because I can't find a save button.

It automatically saves whenever you go into a new area.

I've been dying to play the first game again. But I haven't been able to play my X-box for over 2 months due to the fact that I keep getting the dreaded red ring of death. :meanie:

I've been dying to play the first game again. But I haven't been able to play my X-box for over 2 months due to the fact that I keep getting the dreaded red ring of death. :meanie:

:dry:

I fixed mine already! :yay:

Have anyone tried the 3D version of the first AA?

:huh: So just send it in.
Nah it's alright. I've been saving up for a PS3 anyway and over the course of those two months I've revisited some games for the PS2 and forgot how much fun they were. Like God of War II. :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"