• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

He’s honestly one of those people that I know I wouldn’t even be able to in the same room with for more than 5 minutes. Seems like a horrible human being.

Yeah totally.

He once went after me cause I told him to speak to someone rather than calling them names. He kept quote tweeting me and blocking me so I couldn’t respond. Such a childish thing to do.

I’ve seen the way he speaks to people & he talks to them like crap. He’s also wrong a lot of time.

Eh. Maybe Im just being cynical but i feel like this guy knew what he was doing. These journalists are vague on purpose and know full well people jump to conclusions. Look how much publicity this got his article.

Ben looked terrible in that recent photo outside his house. He’s filming in a few months and he looks like he’s gearing up to play Arthur Fleck not Batman. He looked better a few months ago for the JL shoot. He at least looked like he was in The Town.

If I was a betting man I’d say he’s done after Flash. No more Justice League movies, only comics. Keaton will be in 2 or 3 movies at the most (Flash and Batgirl and maybe a cameo in another movie if Batgirl is successful). I’m expecting Keats in a Nick Fury role which isn’t a surprise. Theatrical or on HBO? Who knows. Pattinson will lead the way for cinematic Batman over the next 7 or 8 years, and that’s the version ppl will flock to the theater to see.

Honestly, Keaton played Batman twice. Kilmer and Clooney once each. Bale was three times. Affleck will have played Batman 3 times (or 5 if you count his two scenes in Suicide Squad or Josstice League as a separate movie). That’s more than any other actor. Isn’t it time for fans AND Ben to move on? Like seriously now.

Assuming malice on the writer's part seems like a bit much. Particularly when the comments about the Snyder Cut supposedly not being planned to have sequels was more than enough to guarantee his article would get traction in fandom circles. It doesn't feel like he purposefully tried to mislead audiences about Ben's future.

Yea he looked great in pictures from just the day before. He was obviously just tired in the picture.

guy can't walk out of his house without paps trying to find the perfect bad angle. Imagine having to go out in public and keep your guard up at all times. Not easy, I imagine.

I was more talking about his face and how frail he looked compared to even a few months ago. I obviously don’t blame him for being annoyed.

He looked good the day before though, we don’t know which angle is lying.

It's pretty clear that Affleck has joined the entire project driven by Snyder's vision. The months and months of commentary on how his solo Batman script wasn't satisfying enough,imo, just reveals how this movie got stuck between the original and abandoned plan and what WB newly wanted after the BvS fiasco. Fact is the studio never really knows what they wanted ...

We often hear that WB never had a plan, but there was one. A grand five acts saga signed by Snyder, telling how the Justice League came to be. With some satellites/spin off like WW or Aquaman to expand the universe. And so, with Snyder's DNA pretty much all over this franchise, it's no wonder there were struggle to find a new direction after his firing. Like the studio frankensteined Justice League, they also frankensteined the whole license.

It's seems we're now in a multiverse approach. But it's just a marketing way of saying we're back to a director-oriented approach imo. I have nothing against that, I think it's the better way of doing things : to wait for directors to come with passion-driven projects. Like Phillips did with his Joker.
But still, I can't help but think it's a mess to finally ending up here, after having shutting down promising and passion project like Famuyiwa's Flash for "creative differences". Or, most notably and to stay on topic here, Affleck's Batman.
This is, by far, the most ironic part. That movie was, probably, scrapped because it was too dark and no more in line with what WB wanted for their cinematic universe, just to be finally replaced with a new version, also dark and self-contained anyway.

I'm not complaining, I'm as excited as you can be for The Batman. But no wonder the ride left a bitter taste in Affleck's mouth. It's amazing that he's agreed to come back and, while I don't have much faith in the Flashpoint movie, it's probably a good sign that he consider it as a decent way to end this chapter of his career.

Well, that, or the money is very, very good.

Last edited:

He’s definitely done after Flashpoint, I’m convinced more than ever that Flashpoint is his cool way to segue out the role that he wanted.

Last edited:
I wasn't crazy about Live By Night, but Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo were all equally great films that I really enjoyed and I'm glad to see him directing again, especially something that sounds unique compared to his previous directorial efforts and the fact that its Disney.

Makes sense, Ben always talked about wanting to make something that his kids could watch.

That’s two movies he’s directing (making of Chinatown and Disney). The earliest he’d be able to commit to a Batman related production would be later in 2024. He’s done guys. Jeremy Irons would be like 80 by the time they’d do a JL Part 3.

Oh and I’m sorry again but he’s gonna look skinny for the Flash if he keeps this weight in the next few months 30A67E28-D981-4D21-9427-DA3AF7006A69.jpeg

That’s two movies he’s directing (making of Chinatown and Disney). The earliest he’d be able to commit to a Batman related production would be later in 2024. He’s done guys. Jeremy Irons would be like 80 by the time they’d do a JL Part 3.

Oh and I’m sorry again but he’s gonna look skinny for the Flash if he keeps this weight in the next few months View attachment 41647

I'm glad and happy for Ben for seemingly overcoming his alcoholism, when he clearly had that alcohol bloat. Mentally, he seems to be in a better place but ya this pic you posted looks a tad concerning. To be honest, when he was promoting BvS on Jimmy Kimmel he also kinda looked like he had some cosmetic work done. His eyes seemed lifted. I wonder what he will look like in the cowl again. Regardless, if he gets to properly say goodbye to his Batman, I'm all for it.

Edit: and if he (longshot) had the opportunity to be Daredevil again in the MCU Multiverse, I'm 100% down to correct that portrayal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"