Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

If Affleck does survive Flashpoint and something comes of it, I don't think he would direct even though it'd be the most interesting route (he HAS to write it though), but it doesn't need to be O'Connor or Snyder directing either.

They could go outside of the box.

If we're talking familiarity, go for Ridley Scott. He's shooting Affleck in a film now.

Assuming we get a web series out of this, former Daredevil showrunner Steven DeKnight would be a good fit imo.

Ridley hasn’t made a good movie in decades. So no to that idea. He’s become a know it all old man who speaks like making films is the easiest process in the world. He doesn’t have the fire for it anymore. Batman doesn’t need someone like that in the driver’s seat.

Agreed on his Alien stuff but if you haven’t seen The Martian with Matt Damon it’s a pretty good flick.

Fair enough. Outside of his movies I’m definitely not a fan of his attitude as well.

I only bring him up because everybody's only bringing up directors that Affleck has worked with already. I just don't love the idea of Snyder directing because directing is storytelling and I don't love his storytelling. O'Connor is fine, but safe. Go for bold.

David Fincher would be an excellent choice

And he’s already got experience working with streaming platforms (House of Cards on Netflix) and has worked with Ben Affleck before (Gone Girl)

They should let Nic Pizzolatto introduce a pitch since he's already shown massive interest.

His iteration seems focused on the Bat-god aspect, and with where Batfleck has been lately, it's a natural evolution of where to take it.

There's already an HBO relationship, and with how divisive this Batman has already been, Nic's similarly wild take would be a better home on streaming anyway.

Ridley Scott has never stopped being an amazing director and I will not hear another word of this slander. I even ****ing love The Counselor in all its utter madness, I actually think The Martian isn't even one of his best more recent movies. I much prefer All The Money in the World.

They should let Nic Pizzolatto introduce a pitch since he's already shown massive interest.

His iteration seems focused on the Bat-god aspect, and with where Batfleck has been lately, it's a natural evolution of where to take it.

There's already an HBO relationship, and with how divisive this Batman has already been, Nic's similarly wild take would be a better home on streaming anyway.
I wonder how hardcore Snyder/Batfleck fans would react to Nic's unambigiously positive, heroic, pure-hearted Morrsion inspired Batman. It's completely antithetical to BvS.

Fincher would be an amazing choice, but it seems like he already has too much going on with him right now with Mindhunter pretty much getting canceled out of nowhere, so I doubt he would stay committed to it even if he did sign up for it and I'd hate to see something like that happen to a potential Batfleck series. If I hadn't seen Raised By Wolves and ended up loving it so much I definitely would have said no to Ridley Scott too after those atrocious, new Alien films, but if he is capable of that than I'm willing to see what he could do with something like Batman.

Fincher simply doesn’t want to play in this particular franchise or blockbuster playground. He just made a movie that supposedly talks **** about the system he’s working in so I doubt he’s gonna suddenly have a change of heart when his grumpy ass is already huffing and puffing about it. Fincher will never make a comic book movie.

Ridley just makes movies for money now and i’m over him. Best thing he ever did was let Villeneuve take the reigns of his Bladerunner.

I say get a Ryan Coogler type of talent.

Fincher for Batman feels a bit on the nose for me, cool as I find Reeves taking inspiration from his work. I actually am way more intrigued that he had an interest in Spider-Man.

Gavin O’Connor really feels like the guy for a hypothetical Batfleck thing. I don’t think an auteur type would be fitting, more someone super competent who has a good relationship with Affleck.

Fincher just signed a four-year deal with Netflix, and he made comments about "Joker" recently that suggest he's not quite keen on comic book films. Also, Fincher and Affleck got into it during the making of Gone Girl. Fincher called him "unprofessional" afterward. My gut is he wouldn't be eager to work with him again.

My general rule of thumb: If a filmmaker shows genuine interest in tackling a project, at least let them give a pitch. To that end, get Nic Pizzolatto in a room.

Pizzolatto's pitch is definitely interesting in a Morrison-esque kind of way.

WarpedTautAlligatorsnappingturtle-max-1mb.gif

Fincher and Affleck thing is just a friendly banter. They are not mad at each other.

Wish Ryan Coogler would do a Batman series.

Go back to gritty roots with Creed and Fruitvale Station.

You only get Nic Pizzolatto in a room if you also get his former collaborator/arch nemesis Cary Fukunaga in the same room with him, ready to direct whatever Nic wrote.

Nic is starting to feel like a one trick pony after that first season of TD

Doubt she has any interest in comic book movies and if she was announced as being attached I wouldn’t waste emotional energy on being excited because she’d walk due to creative differences shortly thereafter.

Ramsay is amazing but she ain’t putting up with the kind of shenanigans that happen with big franchise IPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"